Budget Above 25K Huge Dilemma: HTC One v/s Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

Skilled
I'm quite surprised I haven't seen one of these threads already. Looking at the biggest flagship phones for this year (till now, and perhaps for the rest of the year from both HTC and Samsung), I'm looking to buy one of them. I simply don't know which one to pick.

- I love the HTC One design, though Galaxy S4's compact shell is great as well.
- I like Sense quite a lot, TouchWiz is okay. But it's the added Software tweaks by Samsung that make the experience quite amazing, if I am to believe the adds.
- The Galaxy S4 simply has a much better camera than the HTC One.
- The Super AMOLED display has it's advantages (Daydream, pure black) but the SLCD display is gorgeous as well.

As you can see, I'm pretty messed up here :D. Don't know what to do. Don't want to end up buying an UMI X2 (or a rumored Micromax Canvas A120) or something. Why would I do that?
- Priced around 15k
- 1080p display
- Quad core
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP cam
- Android 4.2.1 JB

Read the first post:

Requirements (aka Flagship):
- Quad core
- 1080p display
- 4.7"
- Android 4.1.2/4.2.2 JB

And I don't wanna use Custom ROMs because I don't wanna lose the features that Stock ROM provides. No point buying the phone if I let all the software goodies just go.

And I don't wanna use Custom ROMs because I don't wanna lose the features that Stock ROM provides. No point buying the phone if I let all the software goodies just go.
ROMS which remove the bloatware while still maintaining the core apps are also custom ROMs. I dont think you will ever get a flagship product at 30k going forward, you will have to settle at one level below flagship for the price. Stock ROM straight from manufacturer is going to have a lot of bloatware pre-installed.

Music is more dependent on the earphone you have rather than the onboard chip. Trust me, I cannot make out any difference on my Note on and the Cowon music player I have, with my brainwavz M4 IEM.

Hope I'm not late in replying but HTC it is, samsung is powerful hardware wise but practical use is not present and if you consider the Al body HTC is chiseled off after painfully working on 250mins, It's really worth it, a friend was also about to go for S4 but I told him ONE, he bought it after three days of reading up, paid 500 pounds for it.

Why hasn't anybody said anything about the Xperia ZL?

That phone costs only 32-33k, and I personally love the small form factor (as the other phones are really too big, including Xperia Z).

I am still apprehensive about spending 40-43k on a phone. my max budget really is 30k, 32k perhaps.

I'm actively looking for a ZL deal on HS18 below 30k (pray to god!). I read the AT review of the HTC One when it was published and fell in love with the One.
I don't like the UGLY green toggles in TouchWiz. Nor do I enjoy the launcher layout. And I simply love WALKMAN far too much. Liked HTC's Music Player however.
Another thing, I listen to music A LOT. And HTC's One's output (with good earphones of course) is apparently one of the best, and Sony's phone have always been giving excellent sound output.

So there it is guys. I wanna get the ZL if possible.

hey buddy,
Xperia z and Xperia ZL both available at 2200 discount on homeshop18
also a cover free of cost

Sony Consumer Promo - Free Snap on Cover worth Rs. 1490 & Use GC No. 'GCGHI28EC4PE' and get Flat Rs.2200/- off during check out when you pay online.http://www.homeshop18.com/sony-xper...ccessories/mobiles/product:30514179/cid:3027/

Not buying immediately. Hoping to sum up everybody's opinions over the days/weeks and reach this EPIC conclusion
if you are planning to wait for weeks then there would be some other handset which might come by and may entice you more. With handset popping here and there, there is a high probability of that happening.

But from what i have seen here and on the internet in general, people seem to find stock ROMs of even flagships not upto the mark and are always looking to change ROM. In fact half of their time probably goes in changing ROMs and measuring battery life. Why can't we just unwrap the phone out of box and start using it without any hitches ?
I used to find flashing and all interesting before but then gave up as it was too much hassle. Now happy with not having to do all that.
Videos play smooth on one ROM, do not on other, ridiculous.
You can always change the ROM to play the video :D[DOUBLEPOST=1366482258][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am gonna buy both( one after the other) and keep for 1 month each and then probably buy the new Nexus when it launches.
Keep that for 1-2 months and then buy the Note 3 when it launches.
ROFLMAO .. call me when you start selling them, :D

Music is more dependent on the earphone you have rather than the onboard chip. Trust me, I cannot make out any difference on my Note on and the Cowon music player I have, with my brainwavz M4 IEM.

I won't agree on that. Headphone out was sh*t on my SGS before I modded it with Voodoo Sound. No matter which headset you use, if your phone has bad or "customized out of tune" DAC. It won't sound good. Audio chip is the reason why I decided to skip many phones for like 1.5 years. It seems SGS4 has good audio chip (wolfsan it is ;-)). I hope they'll fix sample rate to 44.1Khz in order to achieve better audio output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back