Budget Above 25K Huge Dilemma: HTC One v/s Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

Skilled
I'm quite surprised I haven't seen one of these threads already. Looking at the biggest flagship phones for this year (till now, and perhaps for the rest of the year from both HTC and Samsung), I'm looking to buy one of them. I simply don't know which one to pick.

- I love the HTC One design, though Galaxy S4's compact shell is great as well.
- I like Sense quite a lot, TouchWiz is okay. But it's the added Software tweaks by Samsung that make the experience quite amazing, if I am to believe the adds.
- The Galaxy S4 simply has a much better camera than the HTC One.
- The Super AMOLED display has it's advantages (Daydream, pure black) but the SLCD display is gorgeous as well.

As you can see, I'm pretty messed up here :D. Don't know what to do. Don't want to end up buying an UMI X2 (or a rumored Micromax Canvas A120) or something. Why would I do that?
- Priced around 15k
- 1080p display
- Quad core
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP cam
- Android 4.2.1 JB

ROFLMAO .. call me when you start selling them, :D
Lol. They will be on TE market, don't worry.
The reason I am saying this is because the word 'flagship' is a myth these days. One should buy a phone which fulfils one's needs. Last year I had the 4s, S3, One X and many more. The only phone I kept more than a month was the Note 2. In the end I went back to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as that is still fast enough for my needs. The Note 2 was the only phone that I played any games on. I find other phones very small now, to play any games on.
Since everyone has their own specific needs they should buy a phone accordingly. If you are not sure of that follow my methodology. Keep both phones for 1 month and then either settle for one of those or move on before you lose too much money on them.

Lol. They will be on TE market, don't worry.
The reason I am saying this is because the word 'flagship' is a myth these days. One should buy a phone which fulfils one's needs. Last year I had the 4s, S3, One X and many more. The only phone I kept more than a month was the Note 2. In the end I went back to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as that is still fast enough for my needs. The Note 2 was the only phone that I played any games on. I find other phones very small now, to play any games on.
Since everyone has their own specific needs they should buy a phone accordingly. If you are not sure of that follow my methodology. Keep both phones for 1 month and then either settle for one of those or move on before you lose too much money on them.

Perfectly said, one dosen't run out and by the most expensive i7 "flagship", one buys what is suited for his/her needs.

Wow someone's really rich here.
And after Galaxy S4 and HTC One there isn't any other flagship by these manufacturers for 2013 (as they have said).

I won't buy a NOTE ever, too big.

Sony will have a new Flagship in July-August but it will be 40-45k again

Wow someone's really rich here.
And after Galaxy S4 and HTC One there isn't any other flagship by these manufacturers for 2013 (as they have said).

I won't buy a NOTE ever, too big.

Sony will have a new Flagship in July-August but it will be 40-45k again

Not rich. I invested 38k and I bought the Note 2 on the day of the launch. Since then I have tried various devices including i5, Z and even the Z10 for 1 week and all that without adding another dime.
I still have stuff worth 30k at least. So I lost around 8k in approx 8 months. That is not bad since I got my hands on nearly every flagship phone and tablet in the past 8 months other than Win 8 tablets. I tried the iPad 4, Nexus 10, iPad Mini, Droid DNA, Nexus 4 apart from the aforementioned phones.
If I had held on to the Note 2 for these 8 months, not only would I have not been able to experience so many devices, I also would have lost more money( close to 13-15k).
It certainly helps a lot that I source these devices from US where price falls rather quickly or from HS18 deals or by using coupons on eBay.
You are bound to lose money if you splurge on technology, but if you are smart about it you can enjoy a lot more devices without spending money again and again. You just have to know the right time to sell.
I have been through so many devices because custom ROMs don't interest me anymore. I had kept my S2 for a whole year because of so many ROMs but that doesn't do anything for me anymore. All the Android devices since and including my Note 2, I had kept stock rooted.

Well sir, I am most definitely taking tips from you regarding this then! Your strategy is something I had in mind, but I see an amazing implementation of it here that has intrigued me :D

Lol you've confused the op even more.

Op your reasons for hating on Touchwiz are the most frivolous. EVER. With these reasons I would be surprised that you find the HTC or Sony customisation friendly.

@raksrules. You can use them all out of the box. It's just easier to tailor android to suit your needs than other platforms. IMHO AOSP kinda sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If OP is so confident and sure about what he needs, why did he ask in the first place? Lol

Most people here are telling him to wait for next nexus. But he's not gonna flash stuff he says, so that's out of list, then he says he wants gimmicky features and don't wanna lose them by flashing custom roms.. Well I terms of gimkicky features samsung wins hands down.. Many are warning him against HTC.. So that's out too..

Isn't it clear now and it's been narrowed down indirectly for him roflmfao.

But I'd still suggest next nexus Hahahahahahahahahahaahabababa.

Lol you've confused the op even more.

Op your reasons for hating on Touchwiz are the most frivolous. EVER. With these reasons I would be surprised that you find the HTC or Sony customisation friendly.

@raksrules. You can use them all out of the box. It's just easier to tailor android to suit your needs than other platforms. IMHO AOSP kinda sucks.
All phones and oems first get aosp which is then themed and stuffed with close sourced codes.. Can't blame aosp for being sucky.. It's the shit policies these oems and their hardware manufacturers have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without warranty (local).? You haven't been reading the thread...op will shit himself for spending so much on a device without warranty.
Not sure I remember reading such a post from him. If HTC prices this phone similarly in India, they might have a major winner
Read somewhere HTC is providing international warranty for these unlocked devices they sell in US but one has to shell out $35 for the same.
If true, $35 is pretty good for international warranty.

@dafreaking
I like Sense UI. I Love Sony's UI. It's hands down the best according to me.

@agantuk @DarkAngel
Tell me more about this HTC Unlocked Deal. What will it come up to (with WARRANTY of course, my DAD will KILL me otherwise).

@b00gieMan
I'm always sure about what I want. But I want to weigh in everyone's opinion. Last time I went ahead and bought a Sola. Not that happy with it. Won't make that mistake again.

The phone I buy this time, I will use for 2 years (that's when I'll start working, and that's when I'll change to the "then flagship" i.e. 2015).

I think the HTC one is a great choice, I am waiting till I can get a new phone though.. I like it much better than the Samsung Galaxy, screen, graphics and usability is much better in my opinion. :)

Another blow to HTC.after dutch court ruling, HTC ONE will be delayed adding to its previous delay.

Dutch Court orders STMicro to stop microphone sales to HTC

HTC shares have dropped since STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) has been ordered by a Dutch court to stop supplying HTC with microphones used in smartphones. Nokia complained that the chipmaker broke an exclusivity agreement, mentioning that "HTC has no license or authorization from Nokia to use these microphones or the Nokia technologies from which they have been developed."

During a preliminary injunction ruling, the Amsterdam District Court has stated that the product was made especially for Nokia and shouldn't have been supplied to others. The court has ordered that STMicroelectronics should commit itself to a year-long exclusivity deal. STMicro will also have to pay Nokia 50,000 Euros ($63,000) for each microphone they sell to other manufacturers, with a maximum limit of one million Euros. The ban will be lifted on March 1, 2014 or after arbitration proceedings in Helsinki are completed.

Nokia spokesman Mark Durrant has mentioned in an e-mail that "Nokia filed this action after it discovered these components in the HTC One. In its marketing materials HTC claims that its HDR microphone is a key feature for the HTC One, but it is Nokia technology, developed exclusively for use in Nokia products." Unveiled in February, the HTC One has already been delayed by about one month because of a shortage of camera components developed specifically for it.

STMicroelectronics' response statement has detailed the company's disappointment at the court's decision, also mentioning that they don't expect any immediate impact on handset sales. They have expressed their intention to appeal against the court's ruling, but they have also left the road ahead open for further manoeuvring and negotiations by saying that they are ready to "propose alternative solutions".

HTC ONE.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1366728685][/DOUBLEPOST]source :- http://www.tweaktown.com/news/29867...on-in-netherlands-over-microphones/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back