How many of you have a genuine copy of Vista?

I have Windows Vista Home Premium :hap2: .. the best OS by far.. owns all forms of linux, mac OSX etc.... :clap: :clap:

Y'all know i'm just kidding... :rofl: :rofl:

chetansha said:
Re: How many of you have a genuine copy of Vista

Ehhhh ? woh genuine kya cheez hai bhai ? koi mujhe batayega???

BTW this isn't fun, or a joke. Assuming you have a pirated version, I wouldn't proudly advertise it around.

Bleh!

I dont understand the fuzz about this.

Even I have paid from my pocket for Vista Ultimate. Sure I did get discount through a source I cant post here in public. But its completely legit retail copy for which i paid well under 10k. In fact I have total 3 vista lisences now. All 3 legit out of which only 1 is OEM that came with my laptop.

I think chaos, Udit and few other TE members has seen pics of my copies last year :p

I dont always need to pay for legit software, thats bonus for the work / reviews I do.

I do get lisences costing as much as $500 at great discount / almost free at times. But where I need to pay, I will gladly pay for a legit software. And there are plenty of legit ways to get legit stuff cheaply ;)

But why someone should have problems with people buying a legit copy of windows?

Most of these people are gamers with high end DX10 capable setups. So they have only 1 choice for OS and thats Vista. And it works great for what they want to do. No other OS can replace it here. Thats the end of story.

As of today I can say that there is no illegal OS in my home. 1 laptop runs Linux, 3 computers run legit vista. And I also have legit XP Pro.

And there are quiet a few people on TE itself that I know have legit copies.

I don't own a legit copy of Vista. In fact I don't own ANY copy of Vista.

I tried it once but didn't like it. How can you guys pay so much of money for this? Is there any way to get a legal copy for 500 to 1000 bucks?

And how is ur post relevant to this thread? Sheesh, guys, u realise how irritating it is to browse forums full of senseless posts?

Vandal said:
The fact that you need to state it and repeat it so fervently coupled with the fact that your OEM copies were (probably) part of a readymade rig (and not assembled) proves how smart you really are. Sometimes quit when you are ahead or when we're not very focussed on you, and the crap that comes outta your noggin. That would be smart. BTW who forced a copy of windows on you? Your vendor? Your company? And you fell for it? And that's supposed to be 'smart'? :rofl:

quote - "all 3 copies were forced on me by OEMs. which is restrictive & unethical "

Don't want to make unnecessary post, so just replying on my part regarding forced copies.

all three copies of laptop, not of a rig. it does not matter how smart we are; we still can't get good laptop without Windows.

the forcing of OS upon users against their will is Monopolistic, restrictive & unethical.

And i am strongly against this.:no:

over & out

and sorry for offtopic posts:ashamed:

Gaurish,mate you dont need to criticize the OEMs and people who actually buy legit copies EVEN IF you feel Vista is bloated and waste of money. Every person has his point of view, and it is actually a great wrong to run pirated versions on account of the people who have put effort into making the stuff.

If you feel Vista is crap,or any OS for that matter, dont use it, use something which you feel is good but mocking others who PAY for their stuff is not correct.

I dont know why some people here want to show their superiority in running stuff for free while other people are paying for it.

I also had the same mindset as many of you here, that paying for M$ sh!t isnt worthy, and was using a Pirated XP until I realized this and now have a genuine XP Pro :) (albeit at a discounted price)

RiO said:
At least one thing hasn't changed for years.... cheap bastids continue to laugh at those who run a legit OS.

Now I just have to post again despite promises to the contrary. That was a damn good one. And that's pwnage.

Really interested discussion going on here! This is OT but I couldn't resist so here goes, those of you that have a genuine copy of an OS, also run all applications that are legit?

having an DELL OEM Premium version x86

i had bee learning abt windows networks nd spending mulaah on it ,
nd seeing linux systems , i m totally disguised :-[ :-[ :mad:

I shud had spent on learning on Linux os,es :huh:

Chaloo Rabb Rakha

Jasku said:
Really interested discussion going on here! This is OT but I couldn't resist so here goes, those of you that have a genuine copy of an OS, also run all applications that are legit?

Surely not!
But buying a legit OS is the least u can do.

Yeah Ms Office is bloody expensive and I use maybe 5% of all its features. But I am forced to use it coz everybody has it and so files from a later Word or Excel version don't work on Openoffice.

Back