Homemate 4 Gang Wifi Switches Keeps Resetting

SkyWreak

Disciple
I have installed homemate touch switches in jan 2023 but they are very unreliable just disconnect from wifi every now and then.
They have the tuya CB3S module for the IOT connetion.
If anyone knows solution to this please let me know.

I have 4 of them installed throughout the house the nearest one to the router is about 7 feet with a concrete wall between the two .

I have the asus ax88u router which covers my whole house .

You can give a try to Wi-Fi repeater. Might be possible that antennas on switches are weak or not that good to catch the range.

You can give a try to Wi-Fi repeater. Might be possible that antennas on switches are weak or not that good to catch the range.
Tried not working. It keeps resetting after few days.
I am using one of those Homemate 4 gang touch device, never had any issues..
how far is the device from the router?
1694160463984.png

You have these switches installed ?

yes same switches (white color), I have two and both working fine
Then what could be the problem

I installed the repeter and the signal strength is -45db

Shoud i reflash the firmware (if thats possible)
Or shoud i just change the tuya cb3s module with an esp 12 and go with the tasmota route
Please suggest a fix .

Or shoud i just change the tuya cb3s module with an esp 12 and go with the tasmota route
Please suggest a fix .
I also contacted the company but no response.

Please suggest a fix .
just recently for both Homemate Switches I flashed OpenBeken firmware (similar to Tasmota) via Tuya Cloud cutter
its working perfectly on Home Assistant (u can use those switches even without Home Assistant)

Its a easy process, u just need a Raspberry Pi or any Laptop/desktop where u can install Linux and then Tuya Cloud cutter
and u should have a Wifi card which supports Access point

just recently for both Homemate Switches I flashed OpenBeken firmware (similar to Tasmota) via Tuya Cloud cutter
its working perfectly on Home Assistant (u can use those switches even without Home Assistant)
well thanks for the info will give it a try and let you know .

Its a easy process, u just need a Raspberry Pi or any Laptop/desktop where u can install Linux and then Tuya Cloud cutter
and u should have a Wifi card which supports Access point
can you please suggest me a video tutorial or a guide
also can i use my MacBook instead of Linux install as my pi3b is not booting up

well thanks for the info will give it a try and let you know .

can you please suggest me a video tutorial or a guide
also can i use my MacBook instead of Linux install as my pi3b is not booting up
UPDATED Tuya-CloudCutter with ESPHome Beken Devices | How To Guide Home Assistant - YouTube

tuya-cloudcutter/tuya-cloudcutter: A tool that disconnects Tuya IoT devices from the cloud, allowing them to run completely locally. (github.com)

I guess u can use ur macbook and install Linux on a VM.. and u need to passthrough the Wifi adapter to VM instance

Back