Hollaa!

Hey, welcome man! It seems you bring the cartoon out of everyone here. Everybody is asking for cartoons series. Well, I am not too fond of them though I used to see Spiderman.

Hola amigo

boogeyman said:
Its mostly rotting on the 500 odd DVD-R's which I've burnt. But just knowing that its there, makes it all worthwhile :D
guess what? they now invented a gadget called external hard drive.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Remember Ninja Robots ? Haven't been able to find a decent copy in English anywhere... have a copy in Japanese and it was a b**ch to get hold off.
Hey mate!! I had 1st few episodes of it in Eng later all in japnese.. however mate you can still get the subtitles..

Just Open those files in VLC and chose the track1 or something in subtitles..

Voilah!! English subs :p

boogeyman said:
Hardly anything is stored on hard disks, mate. Its all on DVD-R's. I've been collecting since a good 4-5 years. Nothing would've lasted till now if I had put everything on HDD's. And also, would've run out of SATA (and USB) ports on my mobo for the HDD's :p
Mate I will suggest you to get them in HDD's, some good quality HDD (Ent HDD) LOL

Really man low price HDD's are just not reliable and loosing those golden collection is like tsunami.. :(

DVD's become unreadable as time...

Use HDD Dock to aviod MTBF( failures ) as running them 24x7 will degrade their life!! Also try shifting the stufs in new hdds every 2-3 years ;) :rofl:

Can you share your collections? :p

Man where do u stay in mumbai??? will personally come over (If its ok) and collect Dexter's Lab from u...
500 DVDs... how the hell did u have the patience to burn so many...

Guys... i think we oughta start another thread for toon requests rather than inundate poor Boogey in this one :)

And all this interest has given me a great idea... more on it later.

thunder.dragon said:
Hey mate!! I had 1st few episodes of it in Eng later all in japnese.. however mate you can still get the subtitles..

Just Open those files in VLC and chose the track1 or something in subtitles..

Voilah!! English subs :p

Yea, that's the one I have with the English subtitles. PM me if you need the source ;)
thunder.dragon said:
Mate I will suggest you to get them in HDD's, some good quality HDD (Ent HDD) LOL

Really man low price HDD's are just not reliable and loosing those golden collection is like tsunami.. :(

DVD's become unreadable as time...

Use HDD Dock to aviod MTBF( failures ) as running them 24x7 will degrade their life!! Also try shifting the stufs in new hdds every 2-3 years ;) :rofl:

Can you share your collections? :p
I know that. I have a 1 TB Maxtor external and a 2 TB Seagate GoFlex which I use to backup stuff until they're permanently written to DVD's. I use good quality Sony DVD-R's mostly and used to use Moserbaer Pro ones earlier. I checked the earliest ones some time back an they're still intact. The problem is the sheer volume of data. I'm sure it far exceeds the 3 TB I have in external HDD storage and I've kinda lost faith in HDD's as a reliable back up medium. I'm waiting for Bluray to become a feasible option. I checked out tape drives too, but they're really expensive.

I can share it, but don't you think that since it took me years to get it, it would take the same time for you as well :p

I want to make a catalog of it all as it has reached the point that I don't even remember what I have and I end up getting some series more than once sometimes. But, I will get around to doing it soon, once I start to get some more time.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Satan said:
LOL... I haven't seen a welcome like this in ages.

Down to business :p

Force Five

By any chance do you have Grandizer in English?
Have the entire Force Five but most of it is Japanese. Will have to double-check which language Grendizer is in. I'll do it today evening once I'm home.

lida said:
Man where do u stay in mumbai??? will personally come over (If its ok) and collect Dexter's Lab from u...

500 DVDs... how the hell did u have the patience to burn so many...
You don't need to come to my place just for Dexter's Lab, mate. You can get it through the magic of the internet ;)

boogeyman said:
Yea, that's the one I have with the English subtitles. PM me if you need the source ;)

Yeah Man Need those. :p I also had the link but only for 1st 10-6 episodes but I lost them :(
boogeyman said:
I know that. I have a 1 TB Maxtor external and a 2 TB Seagate GoFlex which I use to backup stuff until they're permanently written to DVD's. I use good quality Sony DVD-R's mostly and used to use Moserbaer Pro ones earlier. I checked the earliest ones some time back an they're still intact. The problem is the sheer volume of data. I'm sure it far exceeds the 3 TB I have in external HDD storage and I've kinda lost faith in HDD's as a reliable back up medium. I'm waiting for Bluray to become a feasible option. I checked out tape drives too, but they're really expensive.

I can share it, but don't you think that since it took me years to get it, it would take the same time for you as well :p

Yeah but Downloading 24x7 in my Mess is a Mess... lol So was hoping any kind guy can share!! :ashamed:

Hey guys

I was always a lurker than a poster. I would say I am average, when it comes to tech know-how. Literally meaning that I am familiar with the glossary, don't require to google every word. Maybe now & then.

A casual gamer - hooked into CS from the past month. Last game that I liked worth mentioning would be NFS Shift.

Avid mobile phone enthusiast.

I would now love to submit reviews, opinions and all in all become a contributor .

Cheers

someone064 said:
Hey guys

I was always a lurker than a poster. I would say I am average, when it comes to tech know-how. Literally meaning that I am familiar with the glossary, don't require to google every word. Maybe now & then.

A casual gamer - hooked into CS from the past month. Last game that I liked worth mentioning would be NFS Shift.

Avid mobile phone enthusiast.

I would now love to submit reviews, opinions and all in all become a contributor .

Cheers
Welcome to TE, dude. Glad to have you here :D.

Now start your own damn intro thread! :p

boogeyman said:

I want to make a catalog of it all as it has reached the point that I don't even remember what I have and I end up getting some series more than once sometimes. But, I will get around to doing it soon, once I start to get some more time.

Have the entire Force Five but most of it is Japanese. Will have to double-check which language Grendizer is in. I'll do it today evening once I'm home.

You don't need to come to my place just for Dexter's Lab, mate. You can get it through the magic of the internet ;)
just tell me which line in mumbai do you stay . western or central? . would like to have a look at your treasure :p

Welcome to TE boogeyman

By any chance do you have DUCK TALES in Hindi. I am desperately looking for that. We had a 6 page long thread in TE on that :p (search for duck tales in general talk section)

raksrules said:
Welcome to TE boogeyman

By any chance do you have DUCK TALES in Hindi. I am desperately looking for that. We had a 6 page long thread in TE on that :p (search for duck tales in general talk section)
Sadly noo... I must've searched for it for days on end. Just couldn't find it anywhere. Max I found was 1 or 2 episodes which too weren't seeded. Ended up getting the english version and also Talespin in english. I do have Jungle book in Hindi though and also Giant Robot :D. Cheesy Doordarshan goodness :D

^^Oh Ok...

Btw your id reminds me of that bournvita lil champs ad where the father tells his son to sleep warna boogeyman aajeyega jiske 2 kaan, 2 aakhen aur 32 daant hai :lol:

ggt said:
just tell me which line in mumbai do you stay . western or central? . would like to have a look at your treasure :p
Western.

I'll post pics of it in a show-off/anti-show-off thread so you guys can have a look :D

raksrules said:
^^Oh Ok...

Btw your id reminds me of that bournvita lil champs ad where the father tells his son to sleep warna boogeyman aajeyega jiske 2 kaan, 2 aakhen aur 32 daant hai :lol:
Yea, I remember that ad. But my ID is from somewhere else. ;)

Back