Hollaa!

boogeyman

Adept
Hello All,

After coming across this wonderful forum through Google and seeing the wealth of information, I decided to join TE. I'm not much of a forum poster, I tend to just read up on the interesting parts and move on. However, this place seemed amazing the moment it loaded up. I could not stop browsing the different posts, reading all the different opinions, checking out the cool rigs of the people. It had something for all of my geeky needs. Right from PC hardware to the latest cellphones to even the latest in fashion and accessories and of course, the super cool deals for the miser in me :D.

But enough about TE, I'm sure you all know why its so great... You make it great. :hap2:

About me, I'm a Network Engineer by profession and a thorough geek to the core. Been in Mumbai all my life. I can spend hours in Lamington, even if I'm alone. Anything techie interests me. Currently its mobile phones coz I'm researching for one. Hopefully would get one in the next coupla months which, unless if the iphone4's prices fall drastically, will be an Android based one.

I'm also a die-hard fan of cartoons, not much anime but more into the classic stuff like Hanna-Barbera and Warner Bros. The stuff which they showed on Cartoon Network when it used to be cool ;). I have pretty much every show broadcasted from that golden era of Cartoon Network. My Demonoid ratio should give you some idea:

Uploaded: 768.09 GB
Downloaded: 802.71 GB
Ratio: 0.96 (Updated once a day)

(Mind you this is only Demonoid. There are many others :cool2: )

Its mostly rotting on the 500 odd DVD-R's which I've burnt. But just knowing that its there, makes it all worthwhile :D

I used to be into gaming too and I built up a mid-budget rig a year back but work just eats up into my time and I barely got to finish even a single title. I've updated my sig with the specs, so let me know what you guys think.

Well that's it from me. Sorry if I ranted on for too long. Hope to interact with you guys more and share as well as receive the wealth of technical knowledge. :bye22:

boogeyman said:
A "tap" would be too small for it all. You'd need a "rig" minimum ;-)

Haha i've been maintaining a small collection of my own but really need to expand. Thinking of setting up an online streaming site for it as well... Youtube keeps deleting vids so it ain't useful. Will keep you in the loop if you might be interested in helping out.

Welcome to TE. Are you by any chance a fan of Pinky and the Brain? :p

Used to be one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network back in those days.

Renegade said:
Welcome to TE. Are you by any chance a fan of Pinky and the Brain? :p

Used to be one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network back in those days.
NARF!!!! :p

Hell, I even used to watch the hindi version. "Yeh hai Pinky, aur Brain Brain Brain Brain!" LMAO!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dhruvrock2000 said:
Haha i've been maintaining a small collection of my own but really need to expand. Thinking of setting up an online streaming site for it as well... Youtube keeps deleting vids so it ain't useful. Will keep you in the loop if you might be interested in helping out.

Sure thing. I think its the only way I'll get to see them. I don't think I'll load the DVD's anytime soon.

Welcome boogeyman!!

I have some collections too but need more!! LOL

Do you have Dexter's Lab / SWAT Cats - The Radical Squadron / The Flintstones / The PowerPuff Girls? Really I miss alot those golden days!!

Newer cartoons don't attract me dunno why!! :(

thunder.dragon said:
Welcome boogeyman!!

I have some collections too but need more!! LOL

Do you have Dexter's Lab / SWAT Cats - The Radical Squadron / The Flintstones / The PowerPuff Girls? Really I miss alot those golden days!!

Newer cartoons don't attract me dunno why!! :(
Have them all. :D

I've also got Samurai Jack and 2 Stupid Dogs which is from the creator of Dexter and Powerpuff Girls (Genndy Tartakovsky).

Hehehe. Yea. I'm like that Joey Gladstone guy from Full House or Comic Book Guy from Simpsons. (BTW I have Full House and Simpsons too :p )

^ LOL :rofl:

Anyways, welcome to TE mate. Was a cartoon fan but moved on to Anime(ain't much of a difference). I'm currently watching Bleach series. :D

dhruvrock2000 said:
Okay you better lock up your house coz i'm flying straight from Delhi to raid your hard disk !!!
Hardly anything is stored on hard disks, mate. Its all on DVD-R's. I've been collecting since a good 4-5 years. Nothing would've lasted till now if I had put everything on HDD's. And also, would've run out of SATA (and USB) ports on my mobo for the HDD's :p

comp@ddict said:
Yeah, SWAT cats in english, the moment it became Billa Mama(hindi) I stopped watching
LOL. Yea, about the same time that I too stopped watching them on TV and took control of my entertainment by getting it online :D.

jojothedragon said:
^ LOL :rofl:

Anyways, welcome to TE mate. Was a cartoon fan but moved on to Anime(ain't much of a difference). I'm currently watching Bleach series. :D

Ohh yea, totally agree. Anime is great too. In fact, one of the 1st cartoons I watched was anime. Remember Force Five every morning from 7 to 7.30 on star plus? Used to get ready for school while simultaneously watching it. But they're more on the complex side. Classic toons have their own innocence which is what attracts me to them.

LOL... I haven't seen a welcome like this in ages.

Down to business :p

Force Five

By any chance do you have Grandizer in English?

hi,

welcome aboard,

even i would like to have couple of your cartoon networks series.

been a great fan of tom and jerry .

stopped watching when that classic touch went,

do you have spike and tike series by any chance.

wont mind putting couple of tb disks for this golden cartoons series's

thanks.

Back