Hitman: Absolution - Discussion Thread

Not only that but doing this in Suit only is an even bigger challenge. The whole area where the scientist and Jade are initially located is loaded with those Crysis style troopers. How many guards do you have near the cave entrance on Purist?

I just tried that sub-level... there are a total of 4 guards who keep watch on that particular area and 3 of them are heavily armed Crysis style mercs! But ... there is an area with some boxes I could head into which had 3-4 remote controlled explosives which can be used to make that tunnel through which Jade walks in to cave in on her. Getting those explosives I have done before for completing a challenge (moving from cover to cover with accurate timing is what you will need there) but... to throw that explosive into the cave area is going to be an enormous challenge because I'll have to use 2-3 distractions simultaneously for the 3 Crysis styled mercs to look away from me. I think I'll have to resort to the silver-ballers for that many distractions! Fiber-wiring her on suit only isn't happening, noways as much as I would love it!

@Ethan_Hunt:

Mate... finally got it done!!! Was up till pretty late last night trying to make everything in the mission work out as planned. Had to use multiple distractions in the second sub-level while throwing a remote explosive into the little cave area where Jade walks through. The explosion takes care of it all as it makes that cave like passageway collapse on her (counts as an accident!). The most gruelingly difficult part was of throwing the explosive into that area as 3 mercs guard that area on Purist simultaneously and with suit only it's a hugely stiff task. I had to use the Silver-ballers for 3 quick distractions that I needed here. Regarding fiber-wiring her, I couldn't figure out a way as I would almost instantly get spotted no matter what I did... nothing I did saved me. The first part at the cemetery entrance I needed a lot of time as I wasn't using a disguise and the meant a lot of waiting for the correct enemy placement before making a move.

Here were the conditions that I set for the dream-run of the mission:

1. Suit Only.
2. Purist Difficulty
3. Not Spotted.
4. No Pacifications.
5. No Civilian Casualty
6. Gunshot allowed only for creating distractions.
7. All challenges completed.
8. Must attain highest rank possible (Shadow).

Here are the stats I got:

Absolution (Purist Difficulty, No Pacification, Suit Only):

I. Cemetery Entrance:

hma2012123116274864.jpg

II. Burnwood Family Tomb:

hma2012123116275660.jpg

III. The Cemetery:

hma2012123116280340.jpg

My previous play-through on Purist yielded a score of: 532,663 points so a nice increase here as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Black_Hawk: Dude you're seriously OD'ing on this game. Trust me, you have achieved a lot in this game, but it's now time to move on. Please go start The Witcher 2. I can't stress enough, what you're missing out on.

@Ethan_Hunt: I know mate and it has gotten to a point where I have cut down majorly on my sleeping hours at night to re-do levels just to see if I can do it in a different, better way! The downside to this is when I go to office I end up being severely groggy. But I guess now I feel I have basked enough in this game's awesomeness and it's time I picked up Far Cry 3. I also have to play the Walking Dead saga. I haven't played the Witcher series at all and it is in my backlog, will get around to playing it for sure. For now though... it's Far Cry 3. :)

Also, I want to do a re-do of the game Dishonored on hard difficulty without using any powers at all, not even blink. But that's after I get through FC3 and the Walking Dead saga.

How do I review my rank ?

If you want to see the rank while still playing a sub-level in any mission hit the 'F1' key and it should pause the game and take you to a screen where you can check your Objectives, Score, Challenges and Inventory.

Otherwise, after every mission completion your automatically taken to the ranking screen. You can then use arrows on the side of the score details to check the stats for every sub-level on that mission.

I know that. I wanted to know how to review my scores in the missions which I have finished previously.

From the game's main menu choose 'Level' Select' and you can then hover over each level's image you have completed and see the total score you got and the rank you achieved on completion of that particular mission.

Thanks. I got shadow in a number of missions, on hard difficulty. I enjoyed the game quite a lot. Finished it a few days back. The best mission must have been the "the attack of the saints".

Ethan_Hunt: I am playing through Far Cry 3 at present but in the midst of all that jungle madness I keep coming back to this game once in a while. I wasn't all too happy with my last dream-run of the Attack of the Saint's level mainly due to 2 reasons: Firstly, I was unable to get through the level without avoiding pacifications on each of the Parking and Reception level's. Secondly, I wasn't able to snag the evidence from all of the levels. Thus, my mind wasn't at peace and I kept trying to get that perfect run! Finally, got it done a day back and here are the stats :eek:hyeah::

Attack of the Saints (My super-dream run!):

My set conditions:

- Purist Difficulty
- All Fiber Wire Kills
- No Pacifications (KO's)
- Not Spotted
- All Evidence Collected
- All Challenges Completed
- Suit Only
- Target Kills Allowed Only With Fibre-wire
- Silent Assassin Rating Mandatory

Parking:

hma2013011616250325.jpg

Reception:

hma2013011616250915.jpg

Cornfield:

hma2013011616252834.jpg

My previous run of the level yielded a score of 958,560 points so a tad higher in this run as well. Like they say this game has me caught in it's trap like an enchantress who just doesn't want to let go of my mind! ;)

Wait a minute, did you do this on a single run?

I had to reload the reception level multiple times. Because it was extremely, extremely hard to nab the evidence in the Reception sub-level.

EDIT: I edited my last post, I did have to fire shots from my silenced SB's but only for distraction-purposes. Otherwise it seemed impossible to get the evidence in the Reception area.

The parking area's evidence was a really tricky one. It was placed in an awkward spot, not to mention in the midst of a heavily patrolled area. That level sure was a test of patience. Firing shots for distraction is almost inevitable, unless you really know how to make good use of the other tools. I see you managed to get 2 bodies stashed in the Parking level, assume the other one was of the civilian that gets shot.

You should seriously start considering making videos of these runs and getting them on YouTube. It's extremely commendable how far you're willing to take stealth in this game to another level and people need to see this. Heck even I need to see it. :p

The parking area's evidence was a really tricky one. It was placed in an awkward spot, not to mention in the midst of a heavily patrolled area. That level sure was a test of patience. Firing shots for distraction is almost inevitable, unless you really know how to make good use of the other tools. I see you managed to get 2 bodies stashed in the Parking level, assume the other one was of the civilian that gets shot.

You should seriously start considering making videos of these runs and getting them on YouTube. It's extremely commendable how far you're willing to take stealth in this game to another level and people need to see this. Heck even I need to see it. :p

Thanks for your appreciation bro! :D

The two bodies I stashed in the parking level were of the 2 saints I killed. There was no way I could drag and hide the body of the civilian on that level. I would get spotted instantly!

^^ Depends on you... Go Rambo style and blast everything in your path and get a 10 hour or less gameplay.

Go the way its meant to be played (no killings, stealth etc.), you will squeeze at least 15.

Go absolutely Ninja (purist difficulty, suit only, no kills, no pacifications, silent assassin ranking), then sky is the limit... This game is awesome.. Go dunk your money and play it... :)

Hi All,

I have not played hitman contracts or hitman blood money yet, so can I jump directly to hitman absolution ..I will play both contracts and blood money later

Is there any relation in story between all the 3 games ??

Thank you :)

Hi All,

I have not played hitman contracts or hitman blood money yet, so can I jump directly to hitman absolution ..I will play both contracts and blood money later

Is there any relation in story between all the 3 games ??

Thank you :)

The initial part of the plot is connected to Hitman: Blood Money's ending. Post which, it has a plot of it's own.

Back