Help needed regarding engg college in banglore(urgent)

pretttt said:
do you think people at Microsoft know more about a college than the students who actually study there??
Hmmmm....point noted but their must be something that Microsoft Comes for Placement in DSI. (just saying don't wanna be against your post)

Hola! I studied at BIT too! Mech Engg. The lecturers are pretty awesome (if the same ones are around from '06). I stayed in the hostel and I must say I was pretty happy with everything (except the food, but well food sucks almost everywhere). I've never been to DSI so no idea what it's like (BMS had the pretty chicks though). If you're planning to continue with a career in Mech Engg, i would highly recommend going to BIT; the lecturers will go out of their way to help you if you show the slightest bit of interest in their subjects. During my final year we had a number of great companies like Nokia show up but I suppose the atmosphere must've changed with the recession and everything.

Ever thought of trying christ university? The are offering mechanical I think. Dunno about their engg course but the science/commerce/arts courses are the best in Bangalore and amongst the top-10 in India.

Check out christuniversity.in

Think direct admissions are going on atm too.

viridian said:
Hola! I studied at BIT too! Mech Engg. The lecturers are pretty awesome (if the same ones are around from '06). I stayed in the hostel and I must say I was pretty happy with everything (except the food, but well food sucks almost everywhere). I've never been to DSI so no idea what it's like (BMS had the pretty chicks though). If you're planning to continue with a career in Mech Engg, i would highly recommend going to BIT; the lecturers will go out of their way to help you if you show the slightest bit of interest in their subjects. During my final year we had a number of great companies like Nokia show up but I suppose the atmosphere must've changed with the recession and everything.

Thanks mate.....the bold line really impressed me. will try for BIT buddy.
l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Ever thought of trying christ university? The are offering mechanical I think. Dunno about their engg course but the science/commerce/arts courses are the best in Bangalore and amongst the top-10 in India.

Check out christuniversity.in

Think direct admissions are going on atm too.
Thanks mate for the help but i only have BIT and DSI in option as i am late for these thing that's why facing these issues, but still will keep on trying, and will also try your christuniversity.in

@TE

Really sorry for delay in update:ashamed:

i asked around and came to know that MVIT is good for Mech.Engg but is close to DSI rank like 12-13th but is much better than DSI in studies and the route from my living place to MVIT is around 22km so distance is also an issue ;) so after all your guys posts and suggestion i have almost decided BIT :) but can only be confirm after counciling and if not then no choice only DSI....

Hello guys now i have one more option i.e MVIT :) and once one of you guys mentioned MVIT is much than BIT and a lot than DSI especially for Mech.Engg i think Metalspree said so, anyways guys now i have DSI and MVIT in hand but BIT very less chance, so now tell MVIT or DSI for Mech.Engg? :)

For studying purpose and all MVIT mech is better BUT this whole study thing goes out of the window after a semester or two :eek:hyeah: and you will really hate being far away from city. Five of my school friends are studying in MVIT and they call it a jungle far away from city:rofl:
If you study well then you will get placed in good companies in either of the above two colleges.So,its clear MVIT for studies and DSI for all the fun;)

MVIT dude MVIT ,its a damn good college but in the outskirts of city ,pretty close to Bangalore International Airport.2 years down the lane it will be no longer outskirts .College has very good reputation for placements .I personally know the placement officer.

RS4 is correct. The whole serious study thing will be forgotten by you after the first year...no kiddin....

But anyway, I'm am here to clarify about the fact that "microsoft has come for placement in DSI" thing. Yes it is true that MS came to this stupid shitty excuse for a college back in 2008 . And even their package was the highest (6.8) , but the job profile was v. poor. It was a Technical Support job and once you go in that direction , you carrier graph will most likely remain static. Even though only 4 out of I don't know how many were selected (its a huge task, their interviews are "phadu" to say the least)...i know atleast two of them opted to go to Infosys even though the package was half and reputation of company no where near....because of the Job Profile ....

DSI is geting worse , go there only if you wanna hang out and stuff ....(which by no means is bad ...lol.. :p )

RS4 said:
For studying purpose and all MVIT mech is better BUT this whole study thing goes out of the window after a semester or two :eek:hyeah: and you will really hate being far away from city. Five of my school friends are studying in MVIT and they call it a jungle far away from city:rofl:

If you study well then you will get placed in good companies in either of the above two colleges.So,its clear MVIT for studies and DSI for all the fun;)

Got your point mate :) but keep on posting if you have any other information with you :)
Metalspree said:
MVIT dude MVIT ,its a damn good college but in the outskirts of city ,pretty close to Bangalore International Airport.2 years down the lane it will be no longer outskirts .College has very good reputation for placements .I personally know the placement officer.
Ya true MVIT is much much better than DSI only problem is the college location:( but in last if i left with DSI and MVIT option i will still go to MVIT:) and also mate keep on posting if you have any other information with you :)

eggman said:
RS4 is correct. The whole serious study thing will be forgotten by you after the first year...no kiddin....

But anyway, I'm am here to clarify about the fact that "microsoft has come for placement in DSI" thing. Yes it is true that MS came to this stupid shitty excuse for a college back in 2008 . And even their package was the highest (6.8) , but the job profile was v. poor. It was a Technical Support job and once you go in that direction , you carrier graph will most likely remain static. Even though only 4 out of I don't know how many were selected (its a huge task, their interviews are "phadu" to say the least)...i know atleast two of them opted to go to Infosys even though the package was half and reputation of company no where near....because of the Job Profile ....

DSI is geting worse , go there only if you wanna hang out and stuff ....(which by no means is bad ...lol.. :p )

Got your point too mate:), really thanks for that Microsoft clarification :) and DSI is getting worse hmmmm need to think :|

Hello guys now i am in real pain :( visit MVIT 4 -5 days back and i was like :(:( jungleeee, around 1.5km more inside from main highway road :( guys my whole schooling was in jungle area location but not this time please :( i don't mind in college location so much as one need a best silence and cam environment for study i agree with it but after 5-6 o'clock in evening when college gets over where i will go for hang-out or just like chilling my mind ?? 7-8 KM yelanka normal market ?? oooooo guys help me out.... what to do? i am really stuck very badly :(

@ Guys who are studing in MVIT or studied i have few question for you please help me:-

1. after college where you guys go for hang-out or chilling your self ?

2. where you guys prefer about living? in MVIT hostel or out side in flat ? if flat then where you guys live ,like for DSI guys they mostly stay in kumarswami what about MVIT guys?

@TE guys is Mech.Engg really good in MVIT? including everything placement, packages and all ? and guys if i reject MVIT i only left with DSI :( now what to say? is DSI Mech.Engg good ?

Guys i am very confused and frustrated :(

foruamit2004 said:
Never go for a college where infra $ucks, especially for mech engg.(the branch which requires most Rs/space for Labs etc.etc. in general).
you mean MVIT infrastructure?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys check this PDF file link latest update http://www.comedk.org/UG_CounselingDocuments/Engineering_allotment.pdf DSI Mechanical Engineering starts at 1434 rank and MVIT starts at 2360 rank but only Mech.Engg others branches MVIT starts from around 850 rank :(

Source COMEDK - Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka

and guys those who are studying or studied in MVIT please replay to my 30th post questions...

Will wait for your answers....

bump guys say somthing :( should i go for dsi?

Back