PC Peripherals Help me light up my NZXT sleeved led kit

abid567

Disciple
Hello guys,
I've received a NZXT led strip from a friend as a gift, Problem is I've lost that molex to 3pin female connector came with it. I went to CTC,Hyderabad and asked in almost every shop but couldn't get it. I found couple of similar connectors in ebay but they cost a bomb.
Is there any other way to light up this strip? or any particular store (online/offline) sells these connectors?
Help me guys I'm struck here
I attached a picture of the board and that's where I supposed to put the power source.
OOgu1RM.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1441626683][/DOUBLEPOST]anybody??

Last edited:
I think all you need is a 3 pin fan connector - old ones with 3 pin instead of 4 pins and need to wire up the same. From the looks of it, it is a +12Vcc, Gnd and +5Vcc maybe.[DOUBLEPOST=1441648376][/DOUBLEPOST]It would be useful if you can give us a photo of the back side of the PCB.

I think all you need is a 3 pin fan connector - old ones with 3 pin instead of 4 pins and need to wire up the same. From the looks of it, it is a +12Vcc, Gnd and +5Vcc maybe.[DOUBLEPOST=1441648376][/DOUBLEPOST]It would be useful if you can give us a photo of the back side of the PCB.
thanks for the reply bro
back of the board has nothing written on it...I'll post the pic whenever possible..If I connect a 3pin female to 3pin female and other 3pin goes in motherboard fan slot..will it work?? you got what I'm saying??[DOUBLEPOST=1441732987][/DOUBLEPOST]
thanks for the link..
I'll order it if I run out of all options

Need better clarity pics of the backside. I need to be able see the trace marks from the 3 pin connector.[DOUBLEPOST=1441807743][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT : Googled for pics of molex to 3 pin. Apparently, one side is +12V and other two are ground.[DOUBLEPOST=1441807965][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT2 : Googled for NZXT LED cables and got this image from kitguru : http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/5.jpg

So the right most side is +5V and the centre is GND, with the left most side being unused on the 3 pin connector. it connects to a +5V line.

You can get this done with any simple electrician.

Last edited:
Check ebay ...you can get Molex to fan adapters at approximately 100 Rs a piece ...or else if you have a spare molex to sata adapter ...there is a easy way around ...you can go to any electronics shop and solder the joints for may be 50Rs . If you want i can provide you the pin outs or you may Google it .
Usually the middle pin is Red in colour and gets +12v DC or +5v DC , the first pin is Black or ground and the third pin Yellow for Tachometric Signal .
If you can provide a better pic of the bottom side of the pcb ...i can tell you the exact voltages based on the resistance color codes ..

Last edited:
thank you so much for clarifying vivek
I've this kind of connector lying around...If i cut out that male fan connector and attach a 3pin female from a old fan..will it work?
51-pSe3AFYL._SL1500_.jpg

It's working finally....thanks to subhasis and others

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_143349.jpg
    IMG_20150910_143349.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20150910_143338.jpg
    IMG_20150910_143338.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 174
Back