Car & Bike Help me decide a car in 5-5.5 lakhs range !

guys with lotta thinking ive decided to buy a RED/Blue swift lxi O in october when offers start. i think i can live without tacho that other cars offer. will post pics then. if i hadnt lost 40k rupees in my stupid get rick quick plan i could have got a higher variant. anyway thanks all for help !

Wait for the release of Renault Kwid @ 4 lacs this September...
it will be smaller than swift plus has a 800 cc engine. renault service and resale also poor. plus its competition is altok10 and eon and its a lower segment car.[DOUBLEPOST=1441350099][/DOUBLEPOST]
Care to elaborate?... unless it's too OT.
when you know nothing about stock market you shouldn't invest for short term , only long term works here. also wasted 2 months with no salary due to job hopping and also wasted some money on women. if i didnt lose track of goals my original plan to get a loaded car on my bday this sep would have happened. lost atleast 80-90k total .

Stick with maruti models, apart from all other reasons, it has good resale value even after 4-5 years
Maruti cars lol they only have resale
Rest DALDA KA TIN......Poor build quality,rattles,poor suspensions,doors are like build of Clay...
:eek:

Rest DALDA KA TIN......Poor build quality,rattles,poor suspensions,doors are like build of Clay...

Compare swift with Toyota liva , check the gauge(thickness of the body), or better, just hit liva and swift with your clenched fist, you will know the diff which is dalda tin and which is also ghee =-O

Compare swift with Toyota liva , check the gauge(thickness of the body), or better, just hit liva and swift with your clenched fist, you will know the diff which is dalda tin and which is also ghee =-O
bata hi do na , why asking to check. i guess liva will be stronger na ? btw why is swift considered so bad in metal thickness when both cars are nearly same weight ?

bata hi do na , why asking to check.
switch on your "Mr India" mode and start punching cars in your neighborhood. :p

BTW, thickness of sheet metal has nothing to do with the vehicle safety. but it's difficult to keep such tin-box-cars in good shape, esp in india.

I used to feel the same but having driven A Star for over 60k kms, I would have to say they have come a long way. No rattles or any other quality issues despite taking a hit in a minor accident.

went to car showrooms today. noone even paying attention to honda jazz , not even sales people. swift has new offer of assured 1 gram gold with chance to in upto 10 grams , cudnt test as no petrol there. brio though ugly from rear , is quite spacious. rode figo aspire as well , the sales lady nearly screamed when i braked hard and was testing its tires , lol. kwid waasnt there at showroom yet so had to come back. going to toyota and hyundai now

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I today went to hyunday to try grand i10. Car looks nice and fit and finish seemed good and interior plastic looked better than swift. If anone wanna buy a new hyundai till tomorrow they have a exchange bonus of 50k ! + free insurance on grand i10. i dont have car currently or this offer looks superb !

however i saw in hyundai orion gurgaon 2 people came to buy their expensive creta/santa fe car. they were given a coke while everyone else i saw was given water only. Really felt cheap on Hyundai experience.

True. Figo 2015 ambiente version would cost you around 5.6L on road and comes equipped with 2 airbags. Plus a good spec engine, good space, good looks.

Back