Help, Got Galaxy S2 I9100G instead of I9100

devvfata1ity said:
^Well I can confirm that it is indeed the case, that all SGS2 boxes having manufacturing date of Oct-11 are Gs only. The non-Gs I am able to find everywhere are from the August-11 batch (even from online retailers)
Afaik its not true. I bought SGS2 recently oct 11 box and its I9100. :p planning to sell soon coz bored with the Android stuff and roms. Back to iPh4.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

by that he means no overheating and battery drain, well overheating wont be there coz this is clocked at 1.008Ghz vs 1.2 on the 9100, and battery drain is fixed on the 9100 from 2.3.6

Many people are suffering from the problem. Actually, Now I900G is being produced by the manufacturer. I900 is no more available. There is very small differnce in the models. Apart from CPU, GPU, and processing speed, other spces are similar.

additionally... the OMAP goodness means the SQ completely blows the I9100 out of the water.

You only need to listen to the I9100 and I9100G with good quality earphones (even the relatively cheap EP630's will do) to know the difference.

^lol. Now Flipkart is stocking I9100G and clearly mentioning it as well. The I9100 is currently out of stock.

And, a new Galaxy S2 is listed as coming soon on Sulekha. Its called Galaxy SII duos with dual SIM, Qualcomm CPU, Adreno 220 GPU and 4.5 inch screen. Too many SIIs lol.

h3b9h.jpg

After update 'GINGERBREAD.XWLA1' firmware now cpu speed 1.2GHz
<

ps: sorry for big picture.

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpeg
    mail.google.com.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 119
Guys Samsung have replaced 2-3 I9100Gs with I9100 as per I9100G facebook group. I mailed them regarding the same and they have asked me to contact nearest Samsung Center. Should I get mine replaced? I have gotten so used to this, and I9100's sound quality is much worse than G. (its very bad actually), and all I do is listen to songs and browse internet, twitter, Facebook etc.

Stick with the I9100G. Quite frankly... it's advantages over the I9100 in terms of SQ and Battery Life are exactly the reasons why i stuck with the I9100G.

There are 3 SII's in my family and of them the only I9100G is mine... it clearly outlasts the non-G's in battery life with 3G left on and normal usage. More than that however, for me.. it's SQ is the show stealer over the non-G's.

#[member='ambar_hitman'] stick with it if you value SQ and Battery life. Clock speeds etc are not big deal breakers for me.

Ok, I went to Samsung Care on Saturday and told him my problem. He said I9100 has been stopped by Samsung due to heating issues and poor battery life and now on only I9100G is available. I said that is not my problem, even if G is 100 times superior, I have got the wrong model as per the box and I need replacement. He talked to Samsung Maharashtra head and he said he will look into matter and call me on Monday. Lets see how it goes. I am looking for a refund rather than a replacement. My worry is that they were asking for me to submit my mobile, which doesn't make any sense.

Back