Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

Hi

I am going to bangkok next week and want to purchase a led tv from there.
Can anyone help me out with following models with price and also do they provide international warranty?
Samsung
UA40ES6200R
UA40ES6800R

Sony
40HX850
40HX750

LG
42LM6200
42LM6700

Also which one is better to purchase.
Thanks
Anshul

Planning a visit in August last week.

What is the best currency to buy in India - USD or THB to buy LED TV (or anything else for that matter) ?

Planning a visit in August last week.

What is the best currency to buy in India - USD or THB to buy LED TV (or anything else for that matter) ?

If thinking to get 15 day on arrival visa then get atleast 5000 THB or else carry 200$ which will take care of you for 2-3 days in case of forex emergency.
For Led buying do carry Credit Card / ATM ( International ) card and make transaction through them as it will be cheapest way to pay in THB cuz it eliminates visit to forex changers for dollar conversions into THB.Some banks charges extra for forex ATM/CC transactions so do inquire about it from corresponding banks.

Easy and safe way to buy things from Thailand is through ATM as it gives instant cash on forex rate which CC doesnt gives as they calculate forex rate on closing day's price and Forex changers certainly never give.

If thinking to get 15 day on arrival visa then get atleast 5000 THB or else carry 200$ which will take care of you for 2-3 days in case of forex emergency.
For Led buying do carry Credit Card / ATM ( International ) card and make transaction through them as it will be cheapest way to pay in THB cuz it eliminates visit to forex changers for dollar conversions into THB.Some banks charges extra for forex ATM/CC transactions so do inquire about it from corresponding banks.

Easy and safe way to buy things from Thailand is through ATM as it gives instant cash on forex rate which CC doesnt gives as they calculate forex rate on closing day's price and Forex changers certainly never give.

Hey man, I have query. sorry for noob question. but ATM withdraw is through debit card in Thailand? also which is the preferable way to pay.. I mean, can I carry Indian currency and change it to THB with money changers there?

I am also vising bangkok on 14th august with my family... also I am planning on the places to visit there. ;)

How much sense it makes to get a 40" LED from Bangkok if a 40" Samsung LED TV (EH5000) is sold on eBay for Rs.35k (Deal of the week) ? I am considering one year dealer's warranty as only testing warranty. Specially if the seller is in Gurgaon.

BRAND NEW SAMSUNG 40 EH5000 LED TV 40" FULL HD LED TV 1 YEAR DEALERS WARRANTY | eBay

Thanks mate. So, I have these options now.

1. ATM withdrawal from my ICICI/HDFC/IDBI international debit card.
2. Buying USD from India and then buying directly by paying USD for major purchase. (Will carry minimum USD 350 anyways for on arrival visa).
3, Payment by my ICICI Platinum, HDFC Business Platinum or Citibank Business Gold card.

Do you suggest the first one to be the best in addition to USD 350 ?

^^
Thanks mate. So, I have these options now.

1. ATM withdrawal from my ICICI/HDFC/IDBI international debit card.
2. Buying USD from India and then buying directly by paying USD for major purchase. (Will carry minimum USD 350 anyways for on arrival visa).
3, Payment by my ICICI Platinum, HDFC Business Platinum or Citibank Business Gold card.

Do you suggest the first one to be the best in addition to USD 350 ?

First one appeals me most for withdrawal's but do ask bank about certain hidden charges levied on International transactions like ATM fee ( fixed charge on each transaction )+ Visa/MC charge ( 20-50Rs usually ).If in need withdraw max amount due above mentioned charges.
Buying through CC is best if amount to be paid is big.Again ask for hidden charges.
By the way payment savings by above two will be very very less in 200-500 Rs...so should not matter.

Buying dealer warranty LED TV from ebay ( deal of week ) or from Bangkok is same without any harassment of custom's for you with not much of savings.

^^

First one appeals me most for withdrawal's but do ask bank about certain hidden charges levied on International transactions like ATM fee ( fixed charge on each transaction )+ Visa/MC charge ( 20-50Rs usually ).If in need withdraw max amount due above mentioned charges.
Buying through CC is best if amount to be paid is big.Again ask for hidden charges.
By the way payment savings by above two will be very very less in 200-500 Rs...so should not matter.

Buying dealer warranty LED TV from ebay ( deal of week ) or from Bangkok is same without any harassment of custom's for you with not much of savings.

For everyone's information, most banks charge Mark up fee of 3.5% + service tax = 3.93% on foreign currency transactions on credit cards. (confirmed from ICICI and Citibank website).

Slightly off-topic, are laptops cheaper in Thailand? Many seller are selling Dell laptops on ebay with Dual keyboard (Eng/Thai) with no Dell India warranty.

Hi Guys, I am following this thread for a while and have a few questions as I am planning to buy a TV from bangkok. I am currently using Panasonic 42X20 D that I want to replace with a less energy hungry LCD and LED. Budget is ideally less than 35k but I can stretch to 45-50 k if need be.

1) I want a TV that is at least 42" or 47" but as you see my budget is tight. I dont want to downgrade size to 40" as that would be a downgrade from Panny size wise. Is there any 42" from LG or 47" from Samsung within my budget. Please recommend.

2) Does Thai Airways charge any extra baggage for a 47" TV. I know they have a 20kg allowance. If a hangbag and a 47" TV is all I have, well within 20 kg, will they check it in without any fee or the size would warrant a extra baggage. I know for a fact 40" dont warrant extra baggage as long as they are within 20 kg allowance, but for 47" I am not sure. A lot of folks have bought these, so want to know if they are ok to bring from Thailand without any baggage fee as long as they are in your weight allowance of 20kg.

3) Please recommend a decent Smart TV w/o 3D (if its there its fine, but dont really require) that is VFM... I dont know if WIFI is really worth and installing and app on my iphone would be worth paying the extra for wifi. So please suggest. Preferably 3 HDMI ports for both 40" and 47". Please keep price below 30-35k INR for 40" and at max 45k for 47"

4) Can someone update the recent prices for 47" inches tv. I see this thread is filled with 40" prices but very few 47" prices.

Thanks in advance! Happy Shopping!

2) Does Thai Airways charge any extra baggage for a 47" TV. I know they have a 20kg allowance.
Nopes , your luggage will be classified as OVER SIZED and get a TAG of it for safe handling of large luggage's.
46-47" size LED - Max 18 Kg.
46-47" size LCD - Max 24 Kg.

Please recommend a decent Smart TV w/o 3D (if its there its fine, but dont really require) that is VFM... I dont know if WIFI is really worth and installing and app on my iphone would be worth paying the extra for wifi. So please suggest. Preferably 3 HDMI ports for both 40" and 47". Please keep price below 30-35k INR for 40" and at max 45k for 47"
You can get 46" LCD in 35K Rs.....But getting LED of that size will be hard.
For LED ,Samsung EH5600 is decent enough and ES6220 is my choice over Sony's entry level 3D LED's.
No comment on LG as i prefer Samsung/Sony over it due to PQ /SQ.

Can someone update the recent prices for 47" inches tv. I see this thread is filled with 40" prices but very few 47" prices.
Price of few models listed at Pantip Plaza ( Prices can be +- 5 percentage; due to FX fluctuations )
Providing you 40" prices , Kindly add 15-20 percentage more for 46" as estimated price or check this site >> http://lcdtvthailand.com

Non 3D:
Sony 40Ex520 - 24999 THB ( 2011 Model )
Sony 40Ex650 - 25999 THB
Samsung 40EH5000 - 17999THB
Samsung 40EH53000 - 21599 THB
Samsung 40EH5600 - 22999THB

3D :
Samsung 40ES6220 - 29000THB
Sony 40HX750 - 35000THB
Sony 40Nx720 - 28999THB ( 2011 Model )

Price as of : 1 Aug 2012 / Pantip Plaza Mall.
1 THB @ 1.8 INR

Hi,
Very informative post... I am going to Bangkok on 14th August.
I have decided to go for Samsung 40ES6220; but the 3D is not that needs... and my viewing distance would be 10-12 feet; so I was thinking of getting 46" of ES5600 instead of 40"ES6200.
Does the PQ difference is huge between them? Also to watch daily TV I use cable with Cable wala Settop box (Cisco).. so on 47" will the Picture distort??
Guys please reply at earliest..

Thanks in advance!!!!

Nopes , your luggage will be classified as OVER SIZED and get a TAG of it for safe handling of large luggage's.

For LED ,Samsung EH5600 is decent enough and ES6220 is my choice over Sony's entry level 3D LED's.

Price of few models listed at Pantip Plaza ( Prices can be +- 5 percentage; due to FX fluctuations )
Providing you 40" prices , Kindly add 15-20 percentage more for 46" as estimated price or check this site >> http://lcdtvthailand.com

Non 3D:
Sony 40Ex650 - 25999 THB

3D :
Sony 40HX750 - 35000THB

1 THB @ 1.8 INR

Non 3D:
Sony 40Ex650 - 25999 THB

3D :
Sony 40HX750 - 35000THB

1 THB @ 1.8 INR

Thanks so much for responding. To confirm no extra baggage for carrying 46"tv in Thai air as long as you are within your baggage allowance.
Can you please recommend the 46 inch LCD you are referring about. Is it smart or just USB LCD tv?

Thanks so much for responding. To confirm no extra baggage for carrying 46"tv in Thai air as long as you are within your baggage allowance.
Can you please recommend the 46 inch LCD you are referring about. Is it smart or just USB LCD tv?

Samsung D580 / Sony CX520.

I have decided to go for Samsung 40ES6220; but the 3D is not that needs... and my viewing distance would be 10-12 feet; so I was thinking of getting 46" of ES5600 instead of 40"ES6200.
Does the PQ difference is huge between them? Also to watch daily TV I use cable with Cable wala Settop box (Cisco).. so on 47" will the Picture distort??

Not much ( in fact not at all ) with that kind off source.
ES6220 is much better than ES5600...

Friends need quick suggestion in choosing between Samsung 46" 5 series 5000 model for 25k baht vs LG 47LS4600 for 25900. I am leaning towards LG as it has 3 Hdmi, looks good, is 120 hz and has network connectivity vs Samsung that's 46" and has 2 Hdmi ports and no DLNA. I am not a picture quality freak. Please answer few questions:

1. Is choosing LG given my criteria on?

2. Is the LG model available in India

3. Is the duty calculated on total bill price minus Vat or including VAT

Looking forward for your replies urgently as I need to flee this ASAP

Caught between a rock and a hard place. Samsung has only 2 HDMI inputs and I have at minimum 2 and at times three connections (rarely) in my current plasma. The LG on the other hand has no headphone out and only has a toslink optical out which means I can't use a headphone at night. That's a big requirement for me. The lg looks sexier too has 3 Hdmi ports and all the funk. I could theoretically order optical to analog converter for 15 bucks but really not ideal solution. Please advise.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004C4WPXA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Well if you want more HDMI connections and want the contrast advantage that VA panels have then check out the sony EX650 (equivalent to samsung series 5) has 4HDMI ,headphone out .With the Sony however you have limited media playing capability via USB.

Caught between a rock and a hard place. Samsung has only 2 HDMI inputs and I have at minimum 2 and at times three connections (rarely) in my current plasma. The LG on the other hand has no headphone out and only has a toslink optical out which means I can't use a headphone at night.

Are you sure the display has no audio out jack? Most displays nowadays do not have the headphone out jack but an audio out jack. The jack looks the same - a TRS 3.5 mm jack. You can connect a pair of headphones to this outlet but the sound output would be a tad too less so you would ideally need amplification of some sort. Maybe like a cheap headphone amp like the FiiO E5 or E6 that can do the task faithfully.

If you are running short of HDMI inputs, get a cheap HDMI switch and connect your devices to this unit. Google for it. It's available for a grand or so. And comes with a tiny remote so you don't have to go to the unit, when you need to switch the device.

Back