Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

You can bring one TV per passport. Warranty varies in Make & Model.The maximum revised free allowance is 35K from 1st Apr'12.The calculation is already shared by Guptaji..

Also please ask for two invoices(Original & True copy) to claim the VAT refund of 7% at airport,but reach airport with ample time as as it takes a lot of time for the procedure and refund.

For the Samsung / LG Led TVs, I recommend 3 shops:

1. Sangchai Electronics (at Amornpan Market, Kaset Intersection)

2. Saha Witthayu Hi-fi Vision (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri, opposite CentralWorld)

3. Union Stereo (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri as well)

For the Samsung / LG Led TVs, I recommend 3 shops:

1. Sangchai Electronics (at Amornpan Market, Kaset Intersection)

2. Saha Witthayu Hi-fi Vision (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri, opposite CentralWorld)

3. Union Stereo (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri as well)

Any specific reason for your above advice while dis-regarding Pantip plaza or Siam Complex ?

The cheapest place for TV's is Pahurat!! You'll find plenty of indians there. its also called little india.

Ive been to the 2 places below and they barely even had much TV's with them. its like a dead store. i was the only customer there.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]2. Saha Witthayu Hi-fi Vision (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri, opposite CentralWorld)[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]3. Union Stereo (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri as well)[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Surajit got these places from a blog online i guess. it mentioned the shops in the alley next to big c were cheap. but bullocks! they didnt even have many options[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Pantip sucks as well. hardly 3-4 shops there where you can buy tv's from. not much variety and stock and expensive too.. didnt try siam complex.[/background][/font]

but im dead sure Pahurat has to be the cheapest! and they are cheap by a good margin!! trust me and go there! Also the store called Bangkok LED at pratunam area behind indra market is cheap too. if you can find the place. they were the cheapest infact!

Also i picked up a samsung TV from bangkok and called samsung customer service here and they say they wont honor the warranty unless if it came with international warranty. for which i would have had to pay extra at the time of purchase they said.

Pahurat!! is also good but on my brother's visit on 3rd May'12 he was unable to find Samsung in Pahurat,Pantip or in Indira.

Samung Warranty is limited to the Models available in India Website provided you are available to provide the true copy of the bill and stamped warranty card.My friend got one and the same is honoured.Samsung and Sony was launching 2012 range of new models and hence the most of the stocks were out of stock of Samsung models.Sardarji shop for Sony is also a place where you will get mostly Sony models.I will be revisiting Bankok sometime in May'12 and will post the updated info...

hi there am new to this forum. my parents have bought a 40" LED TV from Bangkok, and they will be arriving soon. This is the Samsung 5000 Series D5000, which was released in 2010. it cost them 18,700 Baht. Will i have to pay a duty on it here in Chennai or will they be let off without duty? pls guide me, as this is urgent! thanks in advance!

Surajit Saha

You have not yet clarified about why you chose those destinations above Pantip plus you are confusing readers of this thread as in first two post of yours you asked for suggestions and in next one you are providing suggestions....

Its May 2012 , middle of year so you will not get 2011 models for sale in prime electronic shopping centers and more over price difference b/w various malls or shop is mere 500-1000 THB....

Warranty - Sony gives asia warranty which seller will register for yourself.

Samsung gives warranty card which should be stamped with sellers name and sale persons name along with bill copy or VAT copy.

Customs - 35000 Rs Limit / Passport

So if any thing that cost above that limit will be charged TAX @35.05 % on excess of amount.

Jhononwed - The price between various malls or shops is not a mere 500-1000THB.. its MUCH more than that.

Eg. Theres a big TV showroom in indra square (the ac mall) on the ground floor. they told me the 46" D7000 was for 50-52k. In Pahurat i got various prices ranging from 47-49K. Bangkok/Pratunam Led store told me 44k!

Another Eg. 55" D6000 in Pantip i was getting it for 45k. I got the 55" D6400 for 46K in Pahurat!. Bangkok/Pratunam Led said 43-44K.

Cheapest shop - Bangkok/Pratunam Led!! In the long lane behind Indra square.

Surajit Saha

You have not yet clarified about why you chose those destinations above Pantip plus you are confusing readers of this thread as in first two post of yours you asked for suggestions and in next one you are providing suggestions....

Its May 2012 , middle of year so you will not get 2011 models for sale in prime electronic shopping centers and more over price difference b/w various malls or shop is mere 500-1000 THB....

Warranty - Sony gives asia warranty which seller will register for yourself.

Samsung gives warranty card which should be stamped with sellers name and sale persons name along with bill copy or VAT copy.

Customs - 35000 Rs Limit / Passport

So if any thing that cost above that limit will be charged TAX @35.05 % on excess of amount.

Jhononwed

Sorry but what clarifications are you looking for? I am sharing my personal experiences and encounters in this forum. I need not confuse anybody till the time I have an interest.

Bankok is a place where you can buy LED's anywhere in different places mentioned in this blog,but various views,encounters and queries helps the visitors to explore the available avenues available in choosing the Make,Model,Market Operative Price and warranty for maximum benefits.

I hope this blog has enough content on Indian Custom Rules and Calculation and the pain in claiming the VAT refund at Bankok Airport people who have gone through.

However all here who wants to buy an LED TV keeping in the mind the Indian Custom Rules one should go for the latest Sony KDL40HX750 3D with 400Hz motion flow.

As mentioned by Anoop I will be looking forward to visit Bangkok/Pratunam Led!! In the long lane behind Indra square.In the mean time if somebody can share the price in Bankok?

Jhononwed - The price between various malls or shops is not a mere 500-1000THB.. its MUCH more than that.

Eg. Theres a big TV showroom in indra square (the ac mall) on the ground floor. they told me the 46" D7000 was for 50-52k. In Pahurat i got various prices ranging from 47-49K. Bangkok/Pratunam Led store told me 44k!

Another Eg. 55" D6000 in Pantip i was getting it for 45k. I got the 55" D6400 for 46K in Pahurat!. Bangkok/Pratunam Led said 43-44K.

Cheapest shop - Bangkok/Pratunam Led!! In the long lane behind Indra square.

Hi Anoop any update of price in Bankok of Sony KDL40HX750?

hi there am new to this forum. my parents have bought a 40" LED TV from Bangkok, and they will be arriving soon. This is the Samsung 5000 Series D5000, which was released in 2010. it cost them 18,700 Baht. Will i have to pay a duty on it here in Chennai or will they be let off without duty? pls guide me, as this is urgent! thanks in advance!

Hi Shyamsundar,

As per the book of Indian Customs Laws you are entitled for a 40'' inch LED per passport to a maximum free limit of Rs.35000(21000 Baht) and hence you should move out through the green channel quite comfortably

Not many of those shops gives VAT refunds and if not mistaken many of them are stolen goods...

Indra Digital shop always have high prices w.r.t Pantip.... i got 40D6400 for 25500 while it was selling for 27K+ in almost all corners of Bangkok or 46EX520 for mere 27K...plus price varies depending on time of purchase.

I have always found cheapest price in Pantip plaza's top floor shop....may be being regular gets me some extra cheap things which are already cheap.

But if you got that much price variation then i guess its time for some sweet shop change overs....and i seriously need to visit that place as of now.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]# Surijit Saha[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For the Samsung / LG Led TVs, I recommend 3 shops:[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Sangchai Electronics (at Amornpan Market, Kaset Intersection)[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Saha Witthayu Hi-fi Vision (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri, opposite CentralWorld)[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Union Stereo (at the alley beside Big C Ratchadamri as well) [/font]

Any particular reason why you gave those names above already discussed shops ? You need to provide some facts about why to chose one place over others like Anoop did....hope you can clarify that !

By the way dude i live some good part of my year in Bangkok and have got 4 LED's besides Hi-Fi stuffs from Bangkok....

You can even bring 60" LED from Bangkok...all the cargo's goes through over size cargo hold but weight should be kept in mind too as not many airlines allow extra baggage over permitted allowance.

I am salivating at this SONY 42 inch LED model from Bangkok

SONY BRAVIA KLV-42EX410

It is 63000 INR in India, whereas it is only 19000 Bahts in Bangkok.

Please tell me the rules, as far as I know, below 40 inches are free. and anything above 25000 gets billed.

I would like to know, if any guy/shop from Bangkok can send it directly to my home in Delhi (and to a friend's place in Bangalore.

Not many of those shops gives VAT refunds and if not mistaken many of them are stolen goods...

Indra Digital shop always have high prices w.r.t Pantip.... i got 40D6400 for 25500 while it was selling for 27K+ in almost all corners of Bangkok or 46EX520 for mere 27K...plus price varies depending on time of purchase.

I have always found cheapest price in Pantip plaza's top floor shop....may be being regular gets me some extra cheap things which are already cheap.

But if you got that much price variation then i guess its time for some sweet shop change overs....and i seriously need to visit that place as of now.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]# Surijit Saha[/font]

Any particular reason why you gave those names above already discussed shops ? You need to provide some facts about why to chose one place over others like Anoop did....hope you can clarify that !

By the way dude i live some good part of my year in Bangkok and have got 4 LED's besides Hi-Fi stuffs from Bangkok....

You can even bring 60" LED from Bangkok...all the cargo's goes through over size cargo hold but weight should be kept in mind too as not many airlines allow extra baggage over permitted allowance.

jhononweed

Gr8 to know that you so well versed about Bankok.My experience is completely based on business travels and friends travelling to Bankok frequently.The shops mentioned in this forum are shops with price variation at different times of the year due to schemes,price drops,promotions etc. which I have experienced.As far Indian custom law are concerned maximum allowance 40'' with a free limit of Rs.35K..You can get any size and value provided you can handle on shelling out some extra buck.....It has always been out of the rulebooks.

However request all here to post the updated price of Sony LED 40KDL-40EX520 / 40KDL-40EX720 / 40KDL-40HX750 and the chepest place to get with warranty & VAT refund?

just a query.. where is it written that the new duty free limit is 35k?? http://www.cbec.gov.in/travellers.htm tells it is still 25k.. asking coz i will be in bangkok for a week and won't mind picking up some good stuff
<

Wow

This is great info available here

I was planning to buy a 40 inch LDC tv here and its costing 40k+ here in india

Is it that these tv are availbale for just 20k in bangkok as i checked yatra.com and there whole trip of thailand is for 20k only

So i can go to thailand have a holiday , buy the tv there and still it will cost me only 40k :clapping:

or am i missing something :ashamed:

I am salivating at this SONY 42 inch LED model from Bangkok

SONY BRAVIA KLV-42EX410

It is 63000 INR in India, whereas it is only 19000 Bahts in Bangkok.
Please tell me the rules, as far as I know, below 40 inches are free. and anything above 25000 gets billed.

I would like to know, if any guy/shop from Bangkok can send it directly to my home in Delhi (and to a friend's place in Bangalore.

Amitji..

The Sony 42'' LED SONY BRAVIA KLV-42EX410 is an backdated old model LED and Sony/Samsung has stopped manufacturing 42''LED/LCD as LG does not manufacture 40" as far my information.
As far Indian custom laws are concerned maximum allowance is 40'' with a free limit of Rs.35K..However you can get any size and value provided you can handle the situation on shelling out some extra buck which has always been out of the rulebooks.Also save ample time for airport formalities for VAT refund @7% on the invoice price accompanied with the VAT Refund Form/Application(PP10) duly filled at the time of purchase.
I am also looking for an alternative route for delivery at doorstep but currently I do not have any such information.

Regards

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

This is great info available here

I was planning to buy a 40 inch LDC tv here and its costing 40k+ here in india

Is it that these tv are availbale for just 20k in bangkok as i checked yatra.com and there whole trip of thailand is for 20k only

So i can go to thailand have a holiday , buy the tv there and still it will cost me only 40k :clapping:

or am i missing something :ashamed:

vaibhavapj

As per my experience you can normally save upto 30% in LCD/LED provided that you abide the Indian Custom Rules of maximum allowance of 40'' with a free limit of Rs.35K and VAT refund @7% on the invoice price accompanied with the VAT Refund Form/Application(PP10) duly filled at the time of purchase.Difference of more than 30% depends on sales promotion and schemes at the time of purchase.

Thailand trip for 3 nights 4 days would cost you around 20K.

Regards

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

an addendum to my earlier post. able to bring a samsung d5000 led tv - cost app. Rs. 32 k - 40 inch LED TV in Chennai airport. No hassles at customs. Thank u Surajit for the advice

Kudos Shyamsundar that sounds great....Enjoy this Samsung D5000 LED 50Hz panel.Would request you to share the shop details of purchase and the VAT refund process if availed?

Regards

Back