Video HDTV purchase from Bangkok

This may be little off topic, but does anyone have suggestions for shopping LED Tv at Phuket? I am travelling from BKK to Phuket and returning to India via BKK, however, i can not check in any additional Baggage at BKK.

I saw Powerbuy is available at Phuket, but the price seems to be on the higher side. Is there any other alternative to PowerBuy in Phuket?

I am planning to go for 40inch Samsung LED Tv.

Does anyone know if paying by cash or credit card matters? I have an international Platinum MasterCard, does PowerBuy or other retailers charge anything more for CreditCard?

Also, Can we bargain for prices at stores like PowerBuy or is it a fixed price?

Does anyone know if paying by cash or credit card matters? I have an international Platinum MasterCard, does PowerBuy or other retailers charge anything more for CreditCard?

Paying through credit card for international transactions also involve mastercard fee and extra bank charges. You may check that at bank's site. If you are paying through cash maybe you can negotiate better discount rate.

No charges are deducted for using CC on any transactions , be it domestic or international.Bank charges will be levied on debit card for making international swipe or ATM transactions.More over charges on debit will be very less and about 20-40 Rs per transaction.

Paying through cash involves either of ATM transaction or FX which will jack up cost more that CC/Debit card usage.

Actually these TVs were for my house for daily usage and my parents don't really like the idea of watching TV wearing goggles and since there isn't any 3D content avaialable I thought it was a better idea to go with a Non 3D TV and AFAIK the D5500 series is the highest class non 3D series therefore I went for it. I did not enquire prices of larger screen sizes since I was not having that much baggage allowance and feared customs too. BTW I suggest that anyone going Bangkok to buy TVs should go with Airasia. They offer 40Kg baggage allowance for 1800 INR if prebooked and their fares are also quite low.

No charges are deducted for using CC on any transactions , be it domestic or international.Bank charges will be levied on debit card for making international swipe or ATM transactions.More over charges on debit will be very less and about 20-40 Rs per transaction. Paying through cash involves either of ATM transaction or FX which will jack up cost more that CC/Debit card usage.

Buddy, any internatonal transaction done on domestic credit/debit card does have transaction charges. for e.g ICICI credit card has 3.5% transaction rate. http://www.b2.icicibank.com/footer/Schedule_of_Charges%20.html#q3

Actually these TVs were for my house for daily usage and my parents don't really like the idea of watching TV wearing goggles and since there isn't any 3D content avaialable I thought it was a better idea to go with a Non 3D TV and AFAIK the D5500 series is the highest class non 3D series therefore I went for it. I did not enquire prices of larger screen sizes since I was not having that much baggage allowance and feared customs too. BTW I suggest that anyone going Bangkok to buy TVs should go with Airasia. They offer 40Kg baggage allowance for 1800 INR if prebooked and their fares are also quite low.

Airasia has suspended its operation in Delhi and Mumbai
<

Buddy, any internatonal transaction done on domestic credit/debit card does have transaction charges. for e.g ICICI credit card has 3.5% transaction rate. http://www.b2.icicib...rges%20.html#q3

<

Domestic CC/Debit card is meant to be used for Domestic purposes.
<

Flyphuket got International CC , which is usable any/every part of world.Only charge that will come into effect of using CC is FX charges which are generally charged on closing rate of FX used.Debit card will have transaction charges for every transaction made.

Samsung D5900 is best non 3D LED TV .

Buddy, any internatonal transaction done on domestic credit/debit card does have transaction charges. for e.g ICICI credit card has 3.5% transaction rate. http://www.b2.icicib...rges%20.html#q3

<
I wonder why they did that... do ppl actually prefer to pay more n travel by a high cost airline instead in mumbai n delhi?

I traveled air asia alot.. the LCCT at KL was like a second home to me.. where ever i had to go with air asia, they wud always have me stop at KL and board another flight from there after a few hrs or a day to my destination.. miss that place n china town in KL too.. good times
<

Does that mean D5500 is better than D5900....is it?

Technically speaking D5500 is inferior to D5900.
[font=arial, sans-serif]D5500 is inferior to D5900. [/font]

Guys im going to Bangkok and HK at the end of March. Bangkok mainly just so i can pick up my LED TV from there.
<

Was wondering if there was anything i could buy from HK or Bangkok n sell here? Does anyone know what i could possibly bring?

Hi I am visiting Bangkok next week and I want to buy a led tv from there. I want some info would b great if somebody can help

1) suggest a good model for 46 inch led tv non 3d and 3 d both?

2) reg customs @ Hyderabad , will the custom limit be double if 2 people are travelling together I.e. 50000 inr custom exemption on 1 tv or it is 25000 custom limit per product per person. What I want ask is I want to buy 1 tv around 50k inr so how will custom handle considering 2 person are traveling?

3) I have read the complete post for places to buy can somebody suggest the cheapest place to buy genuine product as I am short on time

Would request somebody to provide correct info

Thanks gaurav

the higher the model no u go for the better they are..

if its 2 ppl, ur allowances are combined. i believe so.

you'll get genuine stuff everywhere. no one can fake a tv.

Lanny --- still awaiting the location of that sardar shop. Just tell me how far is it from pantip and which direction and which side of the road and how far is the distance walking?

Can anyone confirm if Samsung, Sony & LG accept the warranty of TV's purchased in Thailand, in India? Do they help with the service of a TV when it is bought from another country?

Back