HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

jdutt said:
Go to Croma store and find out, keep me posted, will help you out. There is a big price slash for this model being 2010 model, but dealers want to sell it @ old price coz of thier higher purchase price. At croma, ask for 2 yrs extended warranty @1800. IMHO Lg 2011 "Smart Tv" series is NOT worth its salt.

Regards,
Hey,

Thanks for reply. I will check Croma.
I think Pune has 4-5% octroi on electronic items. So even if I consider that, I should be able to get it for ~36.5k.

Edit --

One more query - is the panel IPS in all cases or is there any panel lottery similar to Samsung's?

@ RVK2488

Its IPS panel for this model and there is NO lottery system like Samsung.

@jdutt

Thanks for your help. Finalised it at a local store @ 38k :ashamed: needed the TV urgently...so couldn't bargain more.

RVK2488 said:
@jdutt

Thanks for your help. Finalised it at a local store @ 38k :ashamed: needed the TV urgently...so couldn't bargain more.

Hmmm, good if you are happy with it. Its a great product and you can ofcourse play lots of media formats without the need of spl player. Are they giving any extended warranty ? Tell me abt your viewing experiance.

Congrats by the way.

Gannu and all stars,

I need your Expert advice for lcd tv for dad'S Consulting room for Airtel Dth tv.

Viewing distance is very small.around 4 feet.

Kindly suggest.

This has to BE wall mounted for space constraints and this purchase is to complete. Asap.

Pls tell me what are my option.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

jdutt said:
Hmmm, good if you are happy with it. Its a great product and you can ofcourse play lots of media formats without the need of spl player. Are they giving any extended warranty ? Tell me abt your viewing experiance.

Congrats by the way.
No, I bought with standard 1yr warranty for 38k :(

Anyways, I am happy with the product. PQ is awesome and viewing angles are great. The speakers are better than what I expected. To be perfectly honest with you, I don't like LG (for no logical reason :p) So this is my first major LG purchase and I don't have any regrets so far.

Regarding codec support - It played every file I threw at it. The only codec that I have come across (till now) - which is not supported is DTS 6ch audio. Other than that it even played 1080p mkvs from my 500GB portable HDD. Also it read the hard disk pretty fast while also creating thumbnails :O

I have one noobish doubt - how do you activate DLNA? I cannot plug in Ethernet cable. And for WiFi it needs some LG adapter. Basically I want to try this app - Nokia Play To | Nokia Beta Labs So I guess I will have to buy that LG adapter..

^Why can't you plug in the ethernet cable? Essentially you can either have the ethernet port connected to some NAS or a PC and configure it suitably by entering the details (IP address and the rest) OR you can have it connected to the internet via a router or your modem. I am not sure if the latter is supported though - you may have to check your manuals for that.

Congrats on the new display! :)

^^ What I mean to say is my current structure is such that the router and all its wiring is in different room. So extending it to TV will be PITA. The only easy option is to connect it to WiFi :(

1. Budget. till 20k
2. Viewing distance. 3-4 feet(in consulting room)
3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Failtel DTH/network media player.
4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. LED
5. Preference for brands. any respectable brand.(LG prefarably)
6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? no
7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. adequate lighting.
8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. DLNA
guys i have to purchase this tomorrow on his bday. so lets finish it asap.by afternoon or so.sorry for hurry.
thanks in advance.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also whichever gives highest warranty will be preferred.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys help please.for above requirement ..

RVK2488 said:
^^ What I mean to say is my current structure is such that the router and all its wiring is in different room. So extending it to TV will be PITA. The only easy option is to connect it to WiFi :(
I wont suggest wifi dongle, as the performance will not be good, you will experiance struttering, lag...

By the way you have a pm, kindly check.

Samsung LA32D580K4R - 33K - Full HD

Samsung LA32D550K1R - 32K - Full HD

Sony KLV 32BX300 - 29K - HD Ready

Sony KLV 32BX320 - 27K - HD Ready

Viewing distance 6+ feet

Please advice which is better to buy for TataSky HD..?

^Get the samsung 32D550/580 or if you plan on buying from grey market get the Sony 32CX520.

adder said:
^Get the samsung 32D550/580 or if you plan on buying from grey market get the Sony 32CX520.
No Grey, its company warranty, is it true its better to invest in LED than LCD..?

is LED HD ready vs Full HD are almost same when we see in 32", is that our eyes will not find difference..?

gautham82 said:
No Grey, its company warranty, is it true its better to invest in LED than LCD..?

is LED HD ready vs Full HD are almost same when we see in 32", is that our eyes will not find difference..?
The primary benefit of Edge led based lcd is power consumption.Its also looks thinner which i guess is better.

In 32" you want be able to see the difference between FHD and HD,unless you sit around 4 feet or less.But the FHD panels may have better contrast and in the case of low end HD models you are mostly not going to get a SPVA panel including the BX320.

is investing an LED wise for now? apart from the low power consumption, any other benefits? and how lower is the power consumption?
Thanks!

Hi I want to buy 2 LCD tv's. I am total newbie here and already got lost twice in the official sony/samsung site . will be grateful If anyone can help

TV1-living room Tv2: Bedroom

1. Budget.: 50-60k(for TV1) 15-20k (For TV2)

2. Viewing distance.:TV1 6-8 feet for tv1: I think 32" or 40" max

TV2 4-6 feet I think 22" (Max)

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.:

a) want to be able to plonk in portable hard disk/pen drive and play movies

need div x and xvid support and if possible matroska container

b) Internet video: Mainly youtube support with search facility?

c) av component in so that I can connect my handycam and watch the recorded footage

d)hdmi is standard now I think

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

Any

5. Preference for brands.

Mainly Sony, will consider Samsung if exceptionally good deal.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

Ordering from China.If good deals in India then TV1 I will buy from India only

Tv2 that is the smaller one maybe I will buy locally but with warranty.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

Will be mainly used for watching standard Content.So I need a TV that can show SD Cable broadcast real well.

For the smaller TV It doesnt matter ,But the larger TV needs to be fullHD

Mainly The TV's will be used for

>News

>Cricket,soccer

>occasional movies

>occasional youtubing

What could be the differences between Sony 40" NX 500 and Samsung 40" C630 other than the media playing capabilities.

Both are last year's models FYI. The samsung has 100Hz which the sony doesn't.

^Add to that the glossy front of the NX500. Samsung has the matte display.

@sg3707: I have a LA40C630. Ask me whatever you wanted to know. :p

Hey even I have the same LA40C630 ;)

Today I saw in letsbuy the Sony NX500 for for 52.8K which I though is pretty decent price. My friend was looking for a 40 incher so thought of suggesting this if it is similar to C630. Done lot of research on Samsung earlier but don't know much about Sony.

Buy Sony Bravia KLV-40NX500 40'' LCD TV at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

If he buys this may be I thought I can get 2-3 10% of coupons with limit of 5,000 from the 100% cashback(to buy the galaxy s2).

Never found proper use of the 100Hz tech. In fact I had to keep it OFF for smooth picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back