HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

think123 said:
was looking for lcd tv in market and found many new models from all companies have either arrived or soon to arrive.
all are boasting of there internet tv and panel quality and all are nearly priced.
here are few questions
Q1.who has the best display among lg,samsung,panasonic,sony?
Q2.is ips panel used by lg and panasonic better than the va panel used by samsung or sony?
Q3.who has the best smart tv samsung smart tv,lg netcast smart tv ,panasonic viera connect or sony internet tv?
Q4.who provides maximum connectivity features and playback of all formats?
Q5. is it better to go for smart tv now or just simple lcd tv?

1 The best lcd is the HX92x made by Sony.If you mean for just the 32" segment both the Sony and samsung models are good.
2 No
3 samsung>lg>Sony>panasonic
4 All have good connectivity but for playback of formats both lg and samsung are a tie,with sony mid and high end models at the last(except for low end Sony)
5 If you have a media player or a HTPC ,then there is no need to buy a smart tv.

adder said:
1 The best lcd is the HX92x made by Sony.If you mean for just the 32" segment both the Sony and samsung models are good.

2 No

3 samsung>lg>Sony>panasonic

4 All have good connectivity but for playback of formats both lg and samsung are a tie,with sony mid and high end models at the last(except for low end Sony)

5 If you have a media player or a HTPC ,then there is no need to buy a smart tv.

thanks for reply to so many queries.

i dont have either htpc or media player so does it make sense to buy a smart tv or should i go for simple tv and add media player box.

should i go for full hd or just hd(720p) is enough for 32" screen size?

Well if its just USB media playback that you want you don't need a smart tv,since the lcds such as the samsung D550 can play all formats.(The media player will still support slightly more formats).
But if you want to watch online content then you will need a smart tv.

I'll be buying the Sony KDL-32CX520 very soon. I have a lot of movies in my laptop and home pc which i would like to keep in one place and view as and one required. I have heard about media player with inbuilt HD drives. Kindly advise which one is good and VFM and support most formats. It should also have HDMI and Digital audio output as i will be connecting to my 5.1 AVR setup.

I have also read on the web that Sony LCDs do not support formats like .mkv etc. so a player with inbuilt decoding is essential.

guys finalized on 32"lcd just want to know which one i should get

samsung d550 or panasonic u30d,getting both for around 30k

@adder advised me to go with d550 it has good contrast but only thing that is holding me against samsung is their panel lottery system.

i might get a good panel or some ok panel for same price where as in panasonic i am sure to get an ips alpha panel and rest features are almost similar plus panasonic also provides internet features like facebook,twitter,skype.

also which panel is best suited for gaming?va or ips alpha

opinion and advice requested pls.

thanks

Replied PM.

If you want a smart tv features and a SPVA panel then you have to go with the Sony like the 32CX520 but it doesn't play all formats.

adder said:
Replied PM.

If you want a smart tv features and a SPVA panel then you have to go with the Sony like the 32CX520 but it doesn't play all formats.

thanks adder finalized 32D550 it seems best in 30k budget.

thanks for answering so many queries.

Want to buy a 32inch lcd\led-lcd tv budget 30k-35k,need options from panasonic(due to 3yrs warranty),samsung(brilliant display)&sony(decent allrounder).Will be used on local cable connection & shortly upgrading to HD connection.Will be buying in malleshwaram,bangalore.can anybody suggest a shop where we can get a good demo & options.:)TIA

I think the cx420 plays even mkv formats but please check and tell me the panel tech used in it as the SONY CC refusing to reveal it....

A noob query here. Is there normally any difference among different TV sizes of the same model, say a 32 incher and a 37 incher ?

Looking to buy a new HD-TV, following are my requirements

1. Budget : 1L

2. Viewing distance 10 Feet

3. Sources/inputs : Tata Sky HD, Seagate Free Agent Theater, PS3, Xbox 360

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV : No preference, only concern is longevity & picture quality

5. Preference for brands : Looking at Panasonic, but open for suggestion

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?: Sure

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room : It's the drawing room, so there's ample lighting, but it gets sunny in the day time

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc: I'll prefer 3D, but it's no deal breaker for me.

some questions about getting the samsung 40 inch D550.

read some TE users stating that many of samsung panels go kaput after 1 year?

is this true or a myth?

can i opt for additional warranty directly from samsung ?

asking this i plan to get it from CSD and dont want to spend about 40 K for a HDTV for just a year :S

I don't think no one here said that panels last only for 1 year.So its a myth.

There are many reports of tvs going kaput from various brands.

Samsung doesn't provide additional warranty.

I Saw on letsbuy website the price for the LA40D550 to be @ 45k with some 2.7k for one year onsite warranty and some 5k for 2 years onsite warranty.
What warranty is that then? :S

^^Letsbuy extended warranty is provided by some 3rd party warranty provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back