HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

btw i observed something.. even though all the papers had ads of major electronic outlets saying "Republic Day Sale" upto 60% off, all that they had done was increase the so called "MRP" and put a discount.

Almost every store i went to enquire for the c530 32" had a selling price of 34k. Only bargaining makes the price come down..

This makes me wonder, is it worth waiting for festival season to buy a TV?????

^Another festival season? Don't think it is a good idea. What you said is right and is preached by all retailers. Not a biggie.

I'd suggest buy one now. The next lineup would possibly hit the market by Q2 this year. i.e the Samsung D series.

Consecutive two advertisements of Samsung does not show 6 series TVs in their lineup.

After series 5 its straight series 7 LEDs, so likely samsung is bringing down prices of LEDs as next step. So people can wait for new developments.

medpal said:
Consecutive two advertisements of Samsung does not show 6 series TVs in their lineup.

After series 5 its straight series 7 LEDs, so likely samsung is bringing down prices of LEDs as next step. So people can wait for new developments.
Perhaps they are trying to clear of existing inventry to make way for 2011 model.So far the 2011 model line up from both samsung and sony are mostly LED based lcd.

Guys, is it a good time to buy an LCD TV now? If not how long should one wait? I just wanna buy an affordable and good 32 incher.

^There's no such thing as a good time esp. when electronics is concerned. If you want to buy one now, buy it right away. A newer model releases tomorrow which would make yours and mine outdated anyway so it doesn't make sense waiting. :p

Let us know the budget Aman and is possible follow the checklist mentioned in the first post so it would be easy for us to suggest the model(s).

Gannu said:
^There's no such thing as a good time esp. when electronics is concerned. If you want to buy one now, buy it right away. A newer model releases tomorrow which would make yours and mine outdated anyway so it doesn't make sense waiting. :p

Let us know the budget Aman and is possible follow the checklist mentioned in the first post so it would be easy for us to suggest the model(s).
OT: hey how did your name back to old one? I thought name changes were frozen.

Gannu said:

Yes.

1. Budget.

30k max.

2. Viewing distance.

10 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

My Laptop and A PS3/360 in the future

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

Anything which is good will do.

5. Preference for brands.

Will prefer Sony and Samsung, or any other company with good A.S.S.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

Not at all.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Dark after curtains, super bright without them.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

It should play all sorts of media from its USB port, including high def stuff and mkv files.

^The good ol' Samsung LA32C530 or the Sony 32EX400. The Sony doesn't play mkvs and a majority of formats. Grab the Samsung before it runs out of stock!

Actually around 31~33k but trust me this investment is worth it. Do a demo and you'll love the display. And IINM, almost all the 32inch C530 panels are SPVA so no problems here. :)

Gannu said:
Actually around 31~33k but trust me this investment is worth it. Do a demo and you'll love the display. And IINM, almost all the 32inch C530 panels are SPVA so no problems here. :)
Those 2 models play media directly off the usb right?

BTW thanks dude. I will let my dad know, i'll have to invest 50% of my own money though. lol.

Aman27deep said:
Those 2 models play media directly off the usb right?

BTW thanks dude. I will let my dad know, i'll have to invest 50% of my own money though. lol.
Yep. Plug-n-play! :D

Re: The "Help me buy an HDTV" thread!

HI all,

Deceided to plunge in the HDTv realm..

SO just need some advice...

1. Budget.
55-60K Could be extended if features are good.

2. Viewing distance.
Approx 10ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
SD DTH (Didn't find HD Channels Compelling), Media player (If it doesn't natively support hd mkvs)

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LED 1st, LCD 2nd plasma - no (Mainly looking for blck levels & power consumption)

5. Preference for brands.
Samsung prefered, other brands not aprob if ASS is good.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
Definitely NO...

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Window at side, dark when curtained.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
100Hz Important, Headphone out, Optical out, VGA in.

Kindly Advice Guys....

^LA40C630. Some of us in the forum own the same panel as well. Pretty impressed with the performance. The panel is a SPVA one.

In your thread, you mentioned about the LE40C630, the E stands for Europe and A in the LA stands for Asia. That's the only difference between the 2 models. :)

But the model was really costly...

Can i know the approx price where oour people have got it...?

moreover, do we have an led with similar specs..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back