CPU/Mobo Haswell Components India Availability & Pricing

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

This thread will pertain to ONLY HASWELL related components -availability & pricing in India.

Delta Peripherals one page price list
[Please Use Refresh key - F5 - of your browser to load the update of this page ]

Processors
i7-4770 ~ 19600 | 20395 theitdepot | 20250primeabgb
i5-4430 ~ 12125 | 12680 theitdepot ~ 13780 |

i7-4770K ~ 22000/-
i5-4670K ~ 16700 | 17510 theitdepot | 16500 primeabgb

Motherboards ~ from
MSI H87M-G43 ~ 6030/-
MSI Z87-G43 ~ 8125/-
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming board ~ 13399/-
MSI Z87 Power ~ 16099/-

ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 ~ 9270/-
Asus GRYPHON Z87 ~ 14650/-

Primeabgb has 7 Asus Boards - from 6199 to 14299/-

theitdepot chennai - list of 1150 boards

ASUS FANS CAN ENJOY THE SPECS & DETAILS OF THEIR Z87 LINEUP HERE

HTPC build motherboards
ASRock Z87E ITX 16GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard ~ 12920 [thanks @cranky]

PSU - Do not go for any el cheapo brands [refer to this guide on TE for selection of a psu ]
The big Haswell PSU compatibility list
Corsair - list of Haswell compatible PSU's ( note: TBD= To be determined )

Note: All major brands PSU's are compatible with Haswell

RAM - Powerful & Juicy speed to exploit Haswell's potential
2133MHz
- (4 x 4GB) G.Skill ~ 11470/-
- (2 x 8GB) G.Skill ~ 14370/-
2600MHz ~ (4 x 4GB) ~ 24700/-

FURTHER ONLINE Sources [Check for latest prices / availability]
primeabgb - Mumbai [contact Swapnil]
theitwares - Mumbai [contact Rahul ]
hardwire.in [contact Rajeev ]
smcinternational - New Delhi
theitdepot - Chennai

Folks can keep adding ....... It would help also if credible reviews are quoted/referenced so that TE folks can make an informed buying decision.

Z87 - Boards reviews from Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock & MSI

specifications of the five Haswell chipsets- Z87, H87; Q85; Q87 and B85.

UPDATE:
ASUS Brings Haswell Processor Overclocking to H87 and B85 Motherboards

Cheers
Terry

Edited & updated: 20130728
$ rate revision has seen prices zooming

Hey Terry

The last 3 motherboards from MSI are full ATX , so no M in them. :)

So :
Z87 G43, GD65 and of course, the last one has M cos its the name itself, MPOWER.

The ASUS Gryphon interestingly is a micro ATX board with features similar to a Sabertooth.

Hey Terry

The last 3 motherboards from MSI are full ATX , so no M in them. :)

So :
Z87 G43, GD65 and of course, the last one has M cos its the name itself, MPOWER.

Thanks matey. Corrected the error.

I can't find availability of PSU's :(

EDIT: Above corrected to -"check carefully with the brand website for haswell-compatibility of the given model of psu"

Which PSU's are you talking about?

Haswell-ready or haswell-compatible.

I need to modify my statement to read as - "check carefully with the brand website for haswell-compatibility of the given model of psu"

I have already given the link above - The big Haswell PSU compatibility list

Most of the mid-range & popular in India existing PSU's of Seasonic (S12II) & Corsair (VS/CS/are NOT compatible with Haswell).
http://techreport.com/review/24897/the-big-haswell-psu-compatibility-list#seasonic

The new Haswell CPUs, incorporate new C6 and C7 sleep states that draw as little as 0.05A from the 12V PSU rail. Because of the low load, some existing power supplies will have issues with the new sleep states and could result in system instability.
[DOUBLEPOST=1370666669][/DOUBLEPOST]ASUS FANS CAN ENJOY THE SPECS & DETAILS OF THEIR Z87 LINEUP HERE

[of course - we may not get to see the entire range out here in India]

You missed the best offer of the lot: http://www.theitdepot.com/details-ASRock+Z87E+ITX+16GB+DDR3+Intel+Motherboard_C13P18037.html

Mini-ITX, fully loaded, with a Wifi 802.11AC mPCIe card built in. A decent AC adapter is above 3k, so this is stonking value. One of these with a 4770k, a GTX780, Seasonic X850, two Samsung 840s and a Bitfenix Prodigy will be a nice little Pocket Rocket. Add in a nice waterblock for the CPU and switch the case to something that can take a nice 240 radiator, and you've got a nice hotrodded machine that will do pretty much anything.

The Haswell CPU frankly didn't impress as much and the chipset increments to Z87 were also a dud, it's got to be stuff like this that makes up for it.

FWIW I would take the audio specs with a teaspoon of salt. The NE5532 is a chip from the middle 80, IOW the Stone Age. It is ridiculed across the audio world - somewhat unfairly but not without reason entirely - and it *cannot* drive loads below 2k without a ton of distortion, at 600 ohm it is a crapfest and with regular 32Ohm cans it will be very poor performer. A proper headphone amp will still be required, though I suppose even this will be better than the garbage normal onboard audio spits out. I don't know why manufacturers do not stop using Realtek.

Looks like the Asus H87-I board is also available at prime for around 8k'ish. Finally we are noticing mini itx making an entry into the high end sector in India. Having lived with an Asus mini itx H77 board and a i3-2100 for a while now, let me tell you mini itx is the thing for HTPCs.

What would be a good setup with Haswell for gaming on Mini ITX? (Not really high end gaming but with medium settings/details on a 20" monitor). Will the Iris Pro suffice?

Iris pro is not available on desktop parts and costs 657 dollars on mobile at 1000 unit quantity. Iris is 475 odd, and is also not available on desktop. Best possible is HD4600 and that too is still slower than Trinity and Richland in games. For IGP gaming AMD was saved by the high fab cost of haswell and looks like they will stay on top even with Broadwell.

The i5 4430 is now available and is a good choice to pair with a midrange GPU for medium resolution gaming and reasonable CPU performance. However SB and IB offer stonking value on the desktop as they are not significantly behind Haswell and have no price premium, for those looking for medium resolution gaming. 4th gen Core has not been the massive jump that SB was, so some of their sheen is gone. It's basically a step towards power efficiency and unified architecture for desktop and mobile.

Then again, for medium resolution gaming the AMD side of the camp is still better value, saving a significant amount of platform cost that gets you a better monitor and/or GPU. In fact, unless you actually need outright CPU performance, anything upto the i3 or 8320/6800k will suffice for 99% users including the ones here.

@Chaos, I hear you on mITX. I see it more as pint-sized gaming hotrods though. I still can't see a good board with a PCI slot and i'm not ready to move on from a good digital transport in my 1212m.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iris pro is not available on desktop parts and costs 657 dollars on mobile at 1000 unit quantity. Iris is 475 odd, and is also not available on desktop. Best possible is HD4600 and that too is still slower than Trinity and Richland in games. For IGP gaming AMD was saved by the high fab cost of haswell and looks like they will stay on top even with Broadwell.

Oh ya. I forgot that the Iris Pro will not be available for desktops. How is its performance going to be in All in One's though? If I can get a decent performing AIO machine that doesn't cost a bomb, it would be good too.

Why can't any manufacturer create a good 23-27" AIO with good gaming performance and add a small battery pack at the back to avoid a UPS and sell it for a decent amount around 50K-60K or so? Something like this will really sell well at least with users like me who need a machine like an Imac but which is more affordable and can run Windows out of the box.

The Steambox also looks promising and I am hoping it will let us play games decently without compromising a lot. It won't be running Windows though.

However SB and IB offer stonking value on the desktop as they are not significantly behind Haswell and have no price premium, for those looking for medium resolution gaming. 4th gen Core has not been the massive jump that SB was, so some of their sheen is gone. It's basically a step towards power efficiency and unified architecture for desktop and mobile.

I completely agree with this.

Well, while we are discussing it, I would also like you guys to take a look at some overclocking results, if you are into that kind of thing. Haswell retail chips seem to be having a bad time with oevrclocking and also seem to be more fragile to volts as against Ivy.

Keeping in mind that IB boards are now EoL, the prices should come down and that being the case, maybe some of you will be better of buying Ivy?

I love what all the board manufacturers have done with the Z87. The Mpower, Asus Maximus Extreme, the formula, ASrock OC Formula and Extreme 9 are some of the boards that have really wowed the enthusiast community.

Its definately a few steps above the Z77. But the chip, to me is actully a step back. And till AMD does not catch up, expect to get some more of the same.

Looks like Haswell chips get real hot when overclocked! And their overclocking potential appears to be inferior to the engineering samples provided by Intel before.

while we were able to get our chip up to 4.7GHz it wasn't without difficulty: despite using a Corsair H100i sealed-loop cooler, the temperature of the chip hit a whopping 98 degrees Celsius - giving us cause to question just how far a Haswell chip can be pushed for long-term use.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/06/06/haswell-heat/1

@Chaos, I hear you on mITX. I see it more as pint-sized gaming hotrods though. I still can't see a good board with a PCI slot and i'm not ready to move on from a good digital transport in my 1212m.

Yep unfortunately none available. For a pure music rig, it doesn't make much sense unless you look at the rapidly evolving usb to spdif converters or dacs that are natively usb. For video playback with extreme quality and Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD bit streaming to a compatible receiver, these small mini itx machines do just fine. I compared my tiny mini itx machine with an Oppo BD83 recently and the HTPC bested the oppo by having better edge detail and more neutral color. Plus for upscaling 720p and SD content, it was a walkover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning to upgrade my machine with haswell version of 2500k or similar. Looks like the prices has gone up quite a bit. Are AMD processors still competitive for good gaming machines at lower prices ?

Back