Grand Theft Auto VI (GTA 6/VI) / Upcoming Grand Theft Auto Title

PC 2026 maybe?

1701745056547.png

Last edited:
This trailer got nearly 50M views in just 8 Hrs !!! What is this hype !

Also, Why are there so many " Shake those big round things " moment in the trailer o_O.
Well, we have grown up but the GTA hasn't it's still the same old "Shake that booty, F the police" game. I was about to go to college when GTA V was coming out now I am about to get married this time around. Let's see how this game turns out, I just wish they don't go the Saints Row route. It's a silly, fun, over-the-top game, I hope it stays the same way.

Just for context:

GTA V Trailer 1 released 12 years ago, in 2011 - 97M views

GTA VI Trailer 1 released a few hours ago - 60M views :eek:

The internet really did break lol.

I remember GTA V PC version showcase was done on 2 gtx 1080's running in SLI, and it was speculated that all you need is two gtx 1080's to max out GTA V, but that was not the case. The game pushed beyond whatever cards we had at the time. The game ran much better on the later generations of cards.

There was no upscaling technologies back then, running game at 4k meant running at native 4k resolution. I feel this time things will be different, but I still think whatever maximum recommended specifications we will get for GTA 6, will be based on whatever cards we will have at the time. Those will not be able to max out the game. It will be the future generation cards.

Lol just look at GTA V recommended specifications.
1701780564614.png

I remember GTA V PC version showcase was done on 2 gtx 1080's running in SLI, and it was speculated that all you need is two gtx 1080's to max out GTA V, but that was not the case. The game pushed beyond whatever cards we had at the time. The game ran much better on the later generations of cards.

There was no upscaling technologies back then, running game at 4k meant running at native 4k resolution. I feel this time things will be different, but I still think whatever maximum recommended specifications we will get for GTA 6, will be based on whatever cards we will have at the time. Those will not be able to max out the game. It will be the future generation cards.

Lol just look at GTA V recommended specifications.
View attachment 184675
A single GTX 1080 was enough to run GTA V with very high settings at 4K with 60+ fps (with no MSAA). The game was/is extremely well-optimized.

Also, GTA 5 for the PC was released in April 2015. The GTX 1080 was released in June 2016. Not sure where you're getting your data from.

Kinda pointless to talk about hardware requirements right now considering that the game isn't releasing for another 2 years, and if lucky enough, another 3 years for PC. Plus to apply the same limits of hardware we have today to a game 3 years in the future is silly with the advent of DLSS and whatever else the future holds.

Trailer met my expectations, however any upcoming trailers in 2024 I believe will show the game better.

A single GTX 1080 was enough to run GTA V with very high settings at 4K with 60+ fps (with no MSAA).
It is not enough. There are dips below 60 fps in various locations. What I mean by max settings is everything set to max even in advance settings. Of course you can leave the anti-alising off for obvious reasons.

But at 1080p the gtx 1080 is not enough to run the game fully max out. The shadows in this game when maxed out are truly fps killer. I had the card and benchmarked every thing. Yes, the game is optimized very well. But the max out settings are not really for everyone, it's only for the freaks.

1701781975079.png

True especially when there was no gameplay
Well GTA V was bound to be special cuz all the late 80s and 90s kids were the ones who were most excited and reasonably so, now this time around that same generation has kids, is married, is depressed, has mental health issues etc, etc etc. If I understand the studio's perspective, they want to appeal to the younger generation which is good, so expect a lot of changes this time around. Like star wars new trilogy level changes.

Well GTA V was bound to be special cuz all the late 80s and 90s kids were the ones who were most excited and reasonably so, now this time around that same generation has kids, is married, is depressed, has mental health issues etc, etc etc. If I understand the studio's perspective, they want to appeal to the younger generation which is good, so expect a lot of changes this time around. Like star wars new trilogy level changes.
Honestly, i dont really care much about story changes.
I m here mostly for gameplay .
These days ,most open world games are very boring and not worth playing.
Here hoping that rockstar will innovate in this one.

PC 2026 maybe?
Given their history, probably 2027 for PC

True. There’s no game which has aged well like the way rdr2 and gta have aged. I’m bored of playing cyberpunk and saints row (expected it to be good, looks like a ps3 game tbh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, when we got old GTAs and even GTA V, the ability to do wild things was our first attraction to the series and after that, it was incremental changes. Now I hope they can add some new game mechanics, keep the story tight/compelling, or both. The whole point is; the generation that would and should be most excited by the trailer release two to four years before the actual release, wants more. At least more than what GTA V had already given us.

Back