Google Chrome to Assassinate Windows

Party Monger said:
Wasnt apple supposed to assassinate windows?

Yeah, but then they switched their business to travel services. Now all they do is take gullible people for a ride. :rofl:

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
Google has stolen lots of MS employees. Google now has the smartest of the guys in CS research.

But still MS too has its assets.

Maybe so, but you can't topple something like Windows in a day. Some thing which has been in the market for several years with undisputed success.

Dark Star said:
:lol: Only if they make their own products available in Linux (Chrome). Still many google products are only available for Windows and are infancy when it comes to linux development.

The video support in Gmail is the best example. Add to that there is still no Chrome stable release for Linux yet, while windows users have been using the stable version for quite a long time.

Double standards I say :p . The Chrome OS was never meant to annihilate Windows or any other OS. Its just another Linux specially designed for netbooks ohh and do not forget the company behing it :p

You just can't take anything other than Linux, can you ? :p

WTH! There are no details about the OS. And it's going to be a Killer App! What a sick joke!

It's more hype and less substance. Let the OS come. This is a Reality distortion field in the world of OS!!

thetoxicmind said:
Windows is here to stay ! :cool2:

i completely agree, its here to stay and for a long time.

windows has so much devices and driver supprt that has evolved over the years. Direct X and all the gaming where is it gonna go then?

chrome OS, as i understand from the first post is being build upon linux kernel, so i see it may just become one of many flavours of linux :bleh:

even linux which has been around for many years has a small share and its own set of dedicated user community, and we still face driver issues.

so widows will stay around, no matter how much we hate it or think of suing bill gates every time windows crashes :eek:hyeah:

kalesh said:
Chrome is build around massive cloud computing. Now last week gmail was down for 100 hours.

Was it down for 100 hours ? I dont think so, i guess you are talking about 24-Sept ? It was down for about an hour

Orkut is still beta. Gmail sucks. Even email from godaddy (secureserver.net) has better features than gmail. .

GoDaddy offers free email service ? Wow , never knew that . And what 'better' features are we talking about here ?

Google hasn't done anything great apart creating Google

lol!

Windows is very good and till google launches its OS nothing can be said , but bashing it just for the sake of it is stupidity .

In terms of web services Google >>>>> Microsoft . Microsoft tried creating and hyping up Bing , failed big time . Hotmail is as good as crap . They launched their overhyped 'live' services which again failed .

Oh and Windows Mobile , that is the perfect example of 25 years of microsoft's "maturity" in the OS market .

OS from google - first nick named as Goose -this whole cloud computing thing is still in infancy and google start mass promoting its cloud based Google apps in EU allready.Google's Android OS started getting the much needed attention and so far 8 mobilephone has this OS and some netbook also running on it -however it was intended for netbook.But the most debatable concept of cloud computing is -everything will be stored,monitored,recorded in google server-which is an EPIC dilemma of morality and this is going to be very intersting How Enterprises and Google going to handle it.From the day one - I am using gmail and other few google apps. -- I am loving it and only major thing that hooked me with Windows is the Games- if google chrome comes with some work around -there will be wonders for sure.I am sure next version of Windows will not a traditional MS OS - it will web based/medialess(optional).Windows seriously need a competitor and hope google will be bring something to the table to do so - and let us enjoy the show

malhotraraul said:
Members : 42,441 as of Friday October 02, 2009 0034 HRS

Legal Window Users : 2
p.s. hey mods, can i also add a poll, how ?

Add me to the list as well :) Vista Home Premium
Also have the extinct office 97 standard as well, probably will use it to get expression web 3.

1. Will the hardware companies make drivers for Google chrome or will it make them itself?

2. Will game developers start developing for the Unix platform?

3. Will softwares run on it natively?

4. Will it be too dependent on internet? Many people still have shitty internet connections.

I think its success or failure will depend on the answer to these questions.

1. Will the hardware companies make drivers for Google chrome or will it make them itself?
2. Will game developers start developing for the Unix platform?
3. Will softwares run on it natively?
4. Will it be too dependent on internet? Many people still have shitty internet connections.
I think its success or failure will depend on the answer to these questions.

Back