God of War III - Discussion thread

Re: The God of War III thread!

God of War 2 is the sexiest game I've played.. loved the smooth controls, story and videos. Sadly, I don't own a PS3.. I do have a new 360 but that doesn't help.

I'll find a friend who has one and try to get the game to play it :p Anyone here in Mumbai planning to grab one who'd let me play the game for a while? :) Checked out the Videos months ago and they look absolutely pwnage :drool:

The GOW collection is out already! Prashant is most likely coming up with a sale thread in a week's time. For the folks (like me!) who missed out on GOW I & II.

^Thanx to Sushant, I got myself a copy of GOW Collection and been playing since a day. Although the graphics does look a bit outdated, it's quite playable for a remastered 4 year old game. Liking it. :p

Done with GOW I. Camera angles sucked at times. But loved the gore and the occasional sexual themes - reminds me of the prince in Warrior Within. Onto GOW II in a week's time. :p

I'm done with both the titles. Brilliant and an epic game! :O

Friend's buying the Prequel Chains of Olympus for his PSP and I may get to play that as well. :eek:hyeah:

Until March 2k10.

please ,,can anybody share the code??? willling to exchange it for modnation racer beta code...

DEMO is awesomesauce...any and every ps3 owner should grab hold of it...until GOW3 releases, there will be Chaos....and after it releases there will be even more Chaos ;)

I finished both the versions (GOWI/II) and sold my disc. Will wait for this one to be released. The Demo looks decent. The sounds have been improved like anything. The Blades now sound actually like the metal strikes :D

Hardly a week for the game to be officially released and the game has been receiving excellent reviews all around. :D

16-123.png

Source: wiki.

The combat is still the same but the visuals and resolution are EPIC

PS3 fanboi's are already cursing GameTrailers.com because they gave it a 9.2/10. :rofl:

Well the series is Epic, but none of these games deserve a 10/10. 9.2 is a decent enough score. But still it does deserves a higher score than an overrated game like GTA 4. If GTA4 is 8.5/10 then I am perfectly fine with 9.2 for GOW3.

I was also horrified to find that a Piece of shit game like Halo 3 scored a 94 Avg on Metacritic. :S Obviously XBOX fanboi's seem to be happy about it. In any case If a game like Modern Warfare gets 94/100, then I cannot understand Halo 3 getting anything more than a 20/100. The Single player is crap and for Multi player I would prefer playing UT2004, Battlefield series or Modern Warfare any day.

^^ dude gta 4 is not overrated, it deserves what it actually got because of the story and the diverse gameplay. Either you haven't played the game or you don't know much about it.

navs27 said:
^^ dude gta 4 is not overrated, it deserves what it actually got because of the story and the diverse gameplay. Either you haven't played the game or you don't know much about it.

^^ GTA 4 is definitely overrated. I have both the PS3 and PC versions of the game and I did play the game. The pacing is too weak and there are a tonne of other Sandbox games that manage to be much more fun to play without having as much content. You would get bored by the game before you even get to see much of the story line. Just because a game has a lot of stuff to do doesn't mean its fun to play. Add to that the ultra poor graphics on the consoles and barely passable graphics on the PC. It definitely does not deserve the 10/10 ratings it got.

navs27 said:

Actually this is just my opinion:

1. Rockstar did a very poor job with the GTA4 engine as the game runs at poor FPS even on capable rigs and also given the system requirements the GFX ought to have been better.

2. Gaming sites when gave it 10/10, they overlooked so many bugs in the game (GTA games are usually buggy only).

3. The story could have been told in a more engrossing rather than the same old GTA way. Just look at Uncharted 2, it has a very simple story but it has been shown and told in an excellent manner.

4. It didn't have many memorable characters (except Niko) for which the GTA series is so famous. I guess GTA SA had better characters.

5. Finally, it was a great game but didn't deserve a tenner after so many flaws.

Back