Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close

Jack bauer

Disciple
hey guys!

I've done searchin in google for a fix... but none of the fixes work for me..

Here is what happens.. I have an ADSL connection that drops dead after a while and I get the message "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close." Then I have to restart my comp. to get connected to the net again..

When I check the event viewer and it says :

Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module netapi32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0000a3c0

When I check the report that is generated to be sent to microsoft it says :

EventType : BEX P1 : svchost.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.2180 P3 : 41107ed6
P4 : netapi32.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 411096ac P7 : 0000a3c0
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

The technical details about the error, which I found in the XP generated error report says :

C:\DOCUME~1\cyrilad\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERae63.dir00\sv chost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\cyrilad\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERae63.dir00\ap pcompat.txt

Now, I do use a HP scanner and printer... All searches on this error advices me to uninstall and then re-install the HP products, which I've done and yet no avail !

Infact, I've been using the HP products for quite some time and it is only recently that I get this error.. This whole mess started a couple of days back when I bought a new LG dvd writer.. I think that might have something to do with this.. I dont know.. :(

Hope the tech. gurus here have a work around for me.. Pls let me know what more info I need to post.. :)

Regards.

Thanks for the reply guys! Its been a while since I've run an anti-spyware on my comp.. can you guys please tell me what software you ppl used to catch this fella ?

TIA !

Thanks for all your help guys.. :clap: I did all that was recommended in this thread and did my windows update too.. things have been normal this past 12 hrs.. no interuptions so far ! :hap2:

You guys are da best ! :cool2:

"was facing the same prob some days, back, search for netapi.dll n netapi32.dll n simply delete/move them....thats wat solved the prob for me"

so deleting those files won't cause a problem??? I'm having this dumb Generic Host error too :(
Somtimes when I click on don't send, my task bar changes to what looks like the ole '98 style.
so if those dll files are safe to delete please lmk.
Thanks!

Jack, before asking for help, you should first say, "Listen to me, thousands of peoples lives are in danger. You have got to fix my Generic Host process. There's no time to explain – you're going to have to trust me."

:eek:hyeah:

try repairing the winshock and see...
also you removed firewalls? some firewalls have typical issues with some types of connections.
else update windows only way i guess.

I've installed Autopatcher and so far so good, my internet connection seems to be back up to speed, we'll see...if I don't post again or for a while, you'll know it's worked! Thanks!:hap2:

Help! Even Autopatcher didn't work. If anyone knows anything else to do please help me!!!

I get this message now... "An exception 'Unhandled Win32 Exception' has occured in svchost.exe However, no debuggers are registered that can debug this exception. Unatle to JIT debug"

@joey dude:

do the following

Assuming u r using xp,
Goto "start menu",
click "help and support"
and from "pick a task",
open "Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems". From "tools", select "advanced system information",
open the "view error log".
Here u will be able to view all the error messages.

copy and paste all those data here or attach it.

secondly do following:
go to run commond
type "SFC /SCANNOW" without quotes and attach the log file here.

Back