FUP-less plan in Chennai

Hey guys,

You broadband called me up and are trying to sell their 100 mbps plan to me. I live in Kottivakkam, ECR. Should I take the plunge? I mainly use my connection for work, gaming and some downloading, in that order. I've been using Airtel for over 10 years now, paying exorbitant prices only because they have very little downtime. How stable is You? Since I use it for work, I can't really afford to have it crap out on me.

Also, would anyone have any idea about pings to Dota 2 Singapore servers?

Yes, Their speeds are good and as promised. They had initial hiccup in giving the connection but once they gave the connection everything was good. I had about 2 downtime in 4 months and it got rectified within 30 minutes. Torrents downloads are blazing fast but their pings is pathetic for gaming I suppose even for a 100 mbps plan.

Yes, Their speeds are good and as promised. They had initial hiccup in giving the connection but once they gave the connection everything was good. I had about 2 downtime in 4 months and it got rectified within 30 minutes. Torrents downloads are blazing fast but their pings is pathetic for gaming I suppose even for a 100 mbps plan.

Have you shifted to the 100Mbps plan? What average speeds do you get on torrents? I am assuming 3-4 Mbps on the 100Mbps plan. A friend of mine on ACT 40mbps plan gets constant 3-4 Mbps on his 40Mbps plan.

Also, not sure why you say pings for gaming are bad, I get ~30-40 on Singapore servers and ~60 to 70 on Asian servers. What game and which geo location servers are you attempting to connect?

@ashrr I would strongly recommending you checking with someone in your area using the connection about the reliability.

Have you shifted to the 100Mbps plan? What average speeds do you get on torrents? I am assuming 3-4 Mbps on the 100Mbps plan. A friend of mine on ACT 40mbps plan gets constant 3-4 Mbps on his 40Mbps plan.

Also, not sure why you say pings for gaming are bad, I get ~30-40 on Singapore servers and ~60 to 70 on Asian servers. What game and which geo location servers are you attempting to connect?

@ashrr I would strongly recommending you checking with someone in your area using the connection about the reliability.

Thing is, I don't think there are too many people using it here. They just started advertising You broadband in my area and I don't really know anyone who is using it.

Could I bother you to ping this ip for me? 103.28.54.35 - This is Valve's Singapore Dota 2 server. If you get 30-40 ping in TF2, I'm guessing it should be similar since that is also a Valve game.

What about this one? 10.130.205.34 (Indian server).

Do you experience any packet loss in TF2?

Thing is, I don't think there are too many people using it here. They just started advertising You broadband in my area and I don't really know anyone who is using it.

Could I bother you to ping this ip for me? 103.28.54.35 - This is Valve's Singapore Dota 2 server. If you get 30-40 ping in TF2, I'm guessing it should be similar since that is also a Valve game.

What about this one? 10.130.205.34 (Indian server).

Do you experience any packet loss in TF2?
In that case you should do it my way, keep airtel parallely running during the transition period, and decide after a couple months.

I will get home and give you the ping results. Yes valve servers max you should get approx 70ms.

@ashrr I am not getting any response on the first IP you mentioned and Indian server gives a 'terminated' response, please see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Ping.PNG
    Ping.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
In that case you should do it my way, keep airtel parallely running during the transition period, and decide after a couple months.

I will get home and give you the ping results. Yes valve servers max you should get approx 70ms.

@ashrr I am not getting any response on the first IP you mentioned and Indian server gives a 'terminated' response, please see the attached screenshot.

Sorry, wrong IP. Could you try these? sgp-1.valve.net and sgp-2.valve.net

Excellent. I was getting 150ms with Airtel.

I paid the guy yesterday for the 100 Mbps plan. He said it'll be installed within 3 days, which I'm pretty sure won't happen :p How long did it take you to get it?

Also, what are you guys doing for WiFi setups? Apparently my old ADSL Wi-Fi router won't work. What's a good one to buy?

P.S - Are you the Jasku who used to play in Zap?

Excellent. I was getting 150ms with Airtel.

I paid the guy yesterday for the 100 Mbps plan. He said it'll be installed within 3 days, which I'm pretty sure won't happen :p How long did it take you to get it?

Also, what are you guys doing for WiFi setups? Apparently my old ADSL Wi-Fi router won't work. What's a good one to buy?

P.S - Are you the Jasku who used to play in Zap?

Holy crap yes! I am indeed that same 'Jasku'....and may I know your name?

It will take a week or more (keep following up), unless there is a connection already setup nearby and all he has to do is plug a ethernet cable from the switch (each on supports upto 4 connections) to your computer.

For the router, you are going to have to give you requirements, please post in the relevant section and you will get apt responses.

Holy crap yes! I am indeed that same 'Jasku'....and may I know your name?

It will take a week or more (keep following up), unless there is a connection already setup nearby and all he has to do is plug a ethernet cable from the switch (each on supports upto 4 connections) to your computer.

For the router, you are going to have to give you requirements, please post in the relevant section and you will get apt responses.

Hahaha. Ashwath here da! Bittu / Nandhu's friend. What a coincidence. You play TF2 huh? Maybe I'll give it a shot when I get my connection.

Anyway, he said there's a connection about 20 meters away in another house.

I'll make a post for the router. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hahaha. Ashwath here da! Bittu / Nandhu's friend. What a coincidence. You play TF2 huh? Maybe I'll give it a shot when I get my connection.

Anyway, he said there's a connection about 20 meters away in another house.

I'll make a post for the router. Thanks!

Ashwath, stud how are you mate, insane coincidence.

Try TF2 mate, it awesome fun. Are you still gaming, as in playing all the latest titles?

Then it should really take em 30 mins to setup, I was in a similar situation it took em a week.

Ashwath, stud how are you mate, insane coincidence.

Try TF2 mate, it awesome fun. Are you still gaming, as in playing all the latest titles?

Then it should really take em 30 mins to setup, I was in a similar situation it took em a week.

I'm only really playing Dota 2 with some friends. Some Guild Wars 2 on the side and the occasional single player game. Tried TF2 once, couldn't really figure out what to do. PM me your steam id?

I'll let you know once these guys hook me up. I've downgraded my Airtel plan to a basic one as backup.

Back