FUP-less plan in Chennai

@technofast I am not sure which ISP would get you sub 100 pings for US servers, but for the Asian servers on TF2 and BF3 I get ~100 ping on them, which is decent for me.

@thawfu666 are there any particular games you are looking at?

Still no reply from them! Almost gave up hope ... :([DOUBLEPOST=1425790650][/DOUBLEPOST]They called me and thankfully my area is feasible. He's offering me 33MBps upto 50GB and after that 1 MBps for 999/- ... Sounds sweet, but I'm contemplating because of the downtime. Most people claim that there are many downtimes ... :(

Last edited:
Only one way to find out! Is there anyone near my locality who uses You Broadband? I'm residing at Alwarpet, just a few meters from Chola Sheraton Hotel ... Will be glad if anyone could give me a thorough review!

Only one way to find out! Is there anyone near my locality who uses You Broadband? I'm residing at Alwarpet, just a few meters from Chola Sheraton Hotel ... Will be glad if anyone could give me a thorough review!

Who told you about the downtime? Try talking to someone in that area.

All over the Internet I've been reading negative reviews! But I haven't come across anyone in my area. So I don't know for sure!

All over the Internet I've been reading negative reviews! But I haven't come across anyone in my area. So I don't know for sure!

As you for a reference contact, we all were in the similar boat and were apprehensive before taking the connection, but so far *knock on wood* its been decent. I am planning to upgrade to the 100mbps plan, simply because I dont see any other value for money plan with 200GB FUP.

@thawfu666 Most reviews are posted when there is downtime in connection for a long period but most reviews are not posted if the service is good, probably the negative reviews would outdo the positive reviews even if the service is good. If you are in Alwarpet you can also check with ACT which is supposed to be the best. I would have gone with ACT broadband but their service came a little late to my area. As of now I am fully satisfied with YOU broadband service. I'm sure YOU broadband service would be good as they have competition.

I know it has been a long time, but I'd like to give you an update. I have gone with ACT broadband. Signed up for the connection the day before yesterday. The guys came up and had it working yesterday. And I'm getting speeds ranging from 22-23 mbps for the 20 mbps plan. Overall, I'm very happy with it, but then the 60GB limit will be crossed easily within 15 days :(

I know it has been a long time, but I'd like to give you an update. I have gone with ACT broadband. Signed up for the connection the day before yesterday. The guys came up and had it working yesterday. And I'm getting speeds ranging from 22-23 mbps for the 20 mbps plan. Overall, I'm very happy with it, but then the 60GB limit will be crossed easily within 15 days :(

Good enjoy your new connection, I tell you fast internet is such a bliss!

Hey guys,

You broadband called me up and are trying to sell their 100 mbps plan to me. I live in Kottivakkam, ECR. Should I take the plunge? I mainly use my connection for work, gaming and some downloading, in that order. I've been using Airtel for over 10 years now, paying exorbitant prices only because they have very little downtime. How stable is You? Since I use it for work, I can't really afford to have it crap out on me.

Also, would anyone have any idea about pings to Dota 2 Singapore servers?

Hey guys,

You broadband called me up and are trying to sell their 100 mbps plan to me. I live in Kottivakkam, ECR. Should I take the plunge? I mainly use my connection for work, gaming and some downloading, in that order. I've been using Airtel for over 10 years now, paying exorbitant prices only because they have very little downtime. How stable is You? Since I use it for work, I can't really afford to have it crap out on me.

I'm in the same area, Palavakkam. Using NetExpress, 2 Mbps @999 but pathetic quality of line plagued with packet losses. Gaming ping is good but kills it totally with packetlosses and random and frequent downtime.
Planning to switch to YOU but skeptical since heard negative review though not entirely reliable source :p
Will try to get in touch with some user and then switch. All that a man asks for is a smooth lag free Dota 2 session at the end of a tiring week ;)

Hey guys,

Hey there, I was/am in a similar situation as yours, only difference is that I have kept my airtel connection running in the transition period at the minimum plan. As for YOU it is area specific in my 2 months of usage have had 3 days downtime. I do play TF2 which is primarily Singapore servers, get pings of 30-60. If you give me the server ip address I can ping and let you know.

Back