Fraudulent ACT

What if ACT employees are sharing our login id and password with someone?. I am on 100 Mbps plan and surprisingly i reached my FUP by 24th of Feb!!.
One of my friends said that he is on a basic plan but uses his friends login at the end of every month to download. Can it really possible?

What if ACT employees are sharing our login id and password with someone?. I am on 100 Mbps plan and surprisingly i reached my FUP by 24th of Feb!!.
One of my friends said that he is on a basic plan but uses his friends login at the end of every month to download. Can it really possible?

Yes.. I have used my friends login credentials to use internet on my connection sometimes..
But no idea about ACT employees themselves doing so.. I mean if they have access to credentials, then they can as well just alter the usage statistics for their own accounts and use unlimited..

Looks like i have been a victim of Inflated usage.
I have this 50GB FUP plan, My system showed 20.35GB Downloads when my FUP limit got exhausted & also 2 devices are connected to router in no way would have used more than 15GB. So i mailed Nodal officer (nodalofficer.hyd@actcorp.in)
They got back to me in 30 mins and sent me logs, Which showed usage of 3 days is missing in their logs.

Its time to start a petition on change.org , They should start showing MAC ID based usage and get a different FUP software.

sigh. yesterday they called and said that since I've crossed 200Gb,maybe I'll upgrade to 60mbps for 200Rs extra. I said thanks but no thanks.

Just checked my usage in glasswire, I used 101GB from march 1st to March 20th out of which 74GB is incoming traffic. There's no way in hell my phone, which is the only device connected to my wifi , consumed over 100GB in past 20 days.

Now they're just ****ing with us.

I had installed Gargoyle firmware on my router. It reports bandwidth usage and distribution along with other useful stuff. What I see is that ACT usage report seems to be about 20% more this month than what my router shows.

Before jumping to the conclusion that ACT is at fault, I was thinking of turning off wireless for a day and installing some other s/w on my PC to crosscheck but the problem is ACT does not seem to update the usage quickly and reliably so I cannot be sure of the results.

I recall that they used to reflect updated usage faster in the past and they also showed detailed usage reports but have stopped doing so now. This does not seem like a technical issue at ACT end but more of a management decision to provide less information to customers. I am also wondering if they really ignore uploads in the calculation as they claim

WBe7J1T.jpg

Looks neat from this though. They're only counting downloads.

I've requested them to display fup usage transparently in the portal page. Lets see.

They update data usage every two days and its major pain in the ass to count real life usage. But then last year, I was out of station for 10 days and my whole house was switched off but still they showed data usage.

They still haven't replied to my email yet.

Update:

They sent the logs and theres only two mac address from which downloads have taken place. One is my routers mac address and there's another mac address( 00-21-97-05-36-d4 ) which has downloads. If I search this address, an company called elitegroup computer system comes up . They look like a motherboard manyfacturer but my motherboard is Gigabyte model. Am I hacked??

Update:

They sent the logs and theres only two mac address from which downloads have taken place. One is my routers mac address and there's another mac address( 00-21-97-05-36-d4 ) which has downloads. If I search this address, an company called elitegroup computer system comes up . They look like a motherboard manyfacturer but my motherboard is Gigabyte model. Am I hacked??

That seems system with motherboard from ECS. Whats your motherboard model ?

Update:

If you have never connected the ACT cable to any other device other than your modem, there is no reason for any other mac address to show up in usage other than your router's mac..
So let the customer care know about this and also write to nodal officer..

That seems system with motherboard from ECS. Whats your motherboard model ?
Motherboard is gigabyte B85M-Ds3h-A
If you have never connected the ACT cable to any other device other than your modem, there is no reason for any other mac address to show up in usage other than your router's mac..
So let the customer care know about this and also write to nodal officer..
Yup. Cable is directly connected to just Asus Rt N12 Lx router.[DOUBLEPOST=1458795645][/DOUBLEPOST]My usage logs are as follows. Mac id ending in 55 is my routers mac. The other mac id, when searched on internet, belongs to ECS

Last edited:
small update: I mailed them for a call from their technical team and their engineer got back to me.

He said that two logins were active on my account and the other login was from a place 20kms from my place. I don't know how that's possible since I never give out my account password to my friends and also I have changed it many times. He said that he'll look into the matter and promised me that this won't happen next month. He also aknowledged that 300GB is an abnormal high usage from my account.

I told him that this started when my account was shifted from beam telecom to ACT fiber and he said that some mistake might have happened then.

Since then, the abnormal usage seems to have stopped but I'll have to get the data logs next month to make sure.

I am moving to Chennai. Was hoping to get ACT and have a proper fiber connection. Now not so sure. Reading a lot of overuse complaints but I can't judge by them alone as they may be a small percentage of connections who go online to complain. My area is also listed on YOU site and their 100GB 50mbps plan looks good.

People only come online and complain if somethings' wrong.If its fine, no one comes online to praise the service.

I'm customer of ACT since 4 years and Im always happy with them and their uptime. This is the only major issue I faced in these years.

And I'm certain that ACT service is far better than YOU, in my area atleast

I am moving to Chennai. Was hoping to get ACT and have a proper fiber connection. Now not so sure. Reading a lot of overuse complaints but I can't judge by them alone as they may be a small percentage of connections who go online to complain. My area is also listed on YOU site and their 100GB 50mbps plan looks good.

As for YOU broadband there is a separate thread I had started earlier. https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/you-broadband-chennai-beware.171207/ Check it out. I am in Chennai and I have moved from YOU to ACT couple of month's back. As for YOU their service is prepaid and you can change the plan whenever you wish. Their download speed is good and nothing to complain but their upload is abysmal. Their service is just ok nothing to rave about. When their service is down sometime it takes around couple of hours to get rectified and in one instance it took 36 hrs and that is when I changed to ACT. As for ACT I like their upload speed which they maintain as per the download speed. Since I have used YOU I can certainly say their service, download and upload is not at par with ACT. With ACT it has been three month's now and I have not faced any disconnection issue. However, ACT is blamed for stealing bandwidth but I am not sure about this since I have not yet checked on that yet.

Back