Fraudulent ACT

There is no reply as of yet! :(
Be happy at least their helpdesk id replied back. Here none of actcorp.in ids reply back but nodal officer did got back

Looks like i shouldn't boast much about ACT from now on at all. :oops:

Also, I can understand YOU & I have fast internet which can load High Res pics. For the sake of other users, Please use links or put them in thumbnails.

That is a stupid response from ACT. The challenge is if service provider is not ready to cooperate, then either you shout or go legal. They surely have the session logs. Write to appellate ask them to prove you have used, otherwise it should be understood that they are fabricating the usage.

Or be patient this time and prepare for next month . Change your router password. Monitor at your end . Take web page screenshots every 5 min to measure fluctuations. I am sure there must be ways to automate. Someone could help in this.

This was the detailed usage that I received from them ... This is definitely false! They're claiming I've used over 5GB from 8:30-12:24 ... :angry:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 5.45.05 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 5.45.05 PM copy.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 284
I have quite often seen usage from midnight of last day till some time in next day reflect in the UI only by afternoon or evening. They may reset the usage and show zero, but the actual usage does get reflected later in the day. I think this is because they batch these update jobs in their systems to tackle with the load on the data bases. Also, their metering system does not always measure from 12 AM of 1st to 11.59 PM of last day of month. It may vary. Personally, I do not think there is any error in the metering system in this case.

If you have not used any data on that day at all, then its possible somebody else has knowledge of your WiFi credentials.

Also, don't forget that its quite easy to lose track of usage if you a WiFi setup and an always on connection. In addition to the possibility that your PC may be downloading system or app updates, its also possible that your iOS/Android devices can download app and system updates automatically in the background if they are connected to WiFi. Sometimes failed downloads can keep re-triggering the updates thus consuming data.

It just shows the currently connected devices ... That's all![DOUBLEPOST=1446468234][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm really considering switching to the Reliance Thunder 1099 plan ... At least, it doesn't have any limits, and most of the reviews on the internet stated that they get from 3-4 mbps speed constantly, as long as there are no cable cuts (occurred thrice or four times in a year on average). Anybody using this plan on TE? :)

Reliance doesn't provide any surge protection for any of their network equipment. For higher speed plans, they install a WAN cable directly into your house from some network switch they have nearby.
A high voltage reverse surge on their WAN cable fried my motherboard and CPU worth 36k. After that, I used the RJ45 surge protection on my Belkin Gold series power strip, but just a few days later another surge fried the surge protector.

Their service guy expressly told me that they don't secure their hardware from surges (as they don't take any liability for such hardware damage) and it is my responsibility to use a WiFi Router/Hub to isolate my expensive hardware. He tells me that way, every time a surge fries the router, I can buy a new one.

They were expecting me to buy a new router every time a power surge fries the router (Not to mention that this does not necessarily ensure isolation for other devices physically connected to the router).

That's when I decided to switch to a different ISP. I am not about to spend 1000 bucks every time they have a surge on their equipment. They tried to stop me when I applied for cancellation. I told them that if they compensated me for the hardware that got fried and also take responsibility to provide me with routers, I will stay on. That's when they shut up and processed my cancellation with much haste.

@swagatrath , Why do they do that every four hours?
@kippu , I updated way back on July 30th or something :blush:
@Lord Nemesis , even the previous day or the day before that, I couldn't download anything, much less browse. The speed was a frigging 512 Kbps :unamused: And none of my devices have been set on auto updates.

This happened to me too (ACT fibernet - Hyd). They shifted my account from Beam tele to ACT fibernet and then I started seeing inflated usage.

First month (Sep 2015) I saw an usage of 300Gb. I called and complained and after two calls their manager reset my usage.

Then in Oct I saw the same usage ~30gb in one day and I immediately called customer care and ripped them a new hole and they said they'll be monitoring my usage and again reset my FUP.

Then I was out of station from OCT 25 to Nov 5th and when I opened my account, astounding 75GB has been used (when in reality, the computer has not been switched on)! They again reset my fup.

Im sure they didn't do anything and I'll receive inflated usage next month too.

Tl;dr : ACT fibernet has flawed software which fraudulently inflated the data usage!

This happened to me too (ACT fibernet - Hyd). They shifted my account from Beam tele to ACT fibernet and then I started seeing inflated usage.

First month (Sep 2015) I saw an usage of 300Gb. I called and complained and after two calls their manager reset my usage.

Then in Oct I saw the same usage ~30gb in one day and I immediately called customer care and ripped them a new hole and they said they'll be monitoring my usage and again reset my FUP.

Then I was out of station from OCT 25 to Nov 5th and when I opened my account, astounding 75GB has been used (when in reality, the computer has not been switched on)! They again reset my fup.

Im sure they didn't do anything and I'll receive inflated usage next month too.

Tl;dr : ACT fibernet has flawed software which fraudulently inflated the data usage!
Bobby, You're the sole one complaining about inflated FUP usage. Ask them to completely reset your account or time being change to other plan and shift back to original one.

Even my account has issues like FUP not getting reset automatically on 1st of every month, Have to manually call the CC. Gave a strong warning to technical backend person. Should solve by EOM.

I can tell for sure their Backend software is Fcked up.

Actually, even I suspect my usage was inflated this month. I raised a complaint and after 6 days got the details and the funny thing is even by their data, 8GB more usage was shown in the portal. This happened to me earlier once and they reset my FUP that time. But this time, they are not responding. Since its just 8Gb and their was an offer of 350 for full FUP reset, I let it slide. But ACT service has downgraded a lot over the years in Bangalore. Even with so much competition , their Bangalore plans are worse than everywhere else, even Coimbatore !

Has ACT doubled the FUP limit?!?! Seriously?!?! Just one word ... WOW! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 11.41.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 11.41.40 AM.png
    421.1 KB · Views: 334
@swatkats ACT has really upgraded the FUP limits!!! ACT CEO Bala Malladi said in an interview that the base FUP is 100GB, which he says has been doubled recently.
Here's the link: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...ry-about-data-usage-limits/article7834181.ece

Here's where he mentions about it:

The interviewer: What’s the base pack now?

ACT CEO Bala Malladi:
Our lowest plan now starts at 40 Mbps. All our existing customers have also been upgraded to this package. The current Fair Usage Policy [a customer’s upload and/or download speed after reaching a certain data cap] has been upgraded to 100 GB upload and 100 GB download. Everyone has been upgraded to double the capacity and with an additional increase in upload and downloads.

Back