Is Flipkart really afraid of Amazon?

• Yes

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^
Couldn't you tell that from rest of his post?

And retailers like WalMart have already turned away from India. How much more they should play by our rules (including unspoken rules like corruption) if in the end they will say 'sod this' and abandon their effort to setup business here?

What is Walmart is gone?Their business,like all MNC's has only one aim,make money out of Indian consumers.Bottom line: MNCs take profit out of country,very bad for economy. Wait till Flipkart tries to compete Amazon in US,then see all the new clauses in 'Patriot act' or finding of unfair trade practises prohibiting them.

And Jaitley had made such a good speech on impact of FDI in retail. I remember someone had put a YouTube vid of it in Aap or Indian political thread. Now they do 180deg turn.
Video with transcript : http://www.bjp.org/index.php?option...tley-while-opposing-fdi-in-multi-brand-retail

one word: fcking politicians, Congress or BJP sab chor hain. Suddenly they have found their love for FDI.[DOUBLEPOST=1402307080][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is Walmart is gone?Their business,like all MNC's has only one aim,make money out of Indian consumers.
Flipkart is doing charity?

Bottom line: MNCs take profit out of country,very bad for economy.

That's why is called PROFIT. Once they pay the tax they can do anything they want with it.

Next thing you'll be asking is to stop going on foreign vacations (boo-hoo :arghh:, you're taking dollars out of India)

Lets all stop talking in english. Stop using latest phones, gadgets. Instead of CK underwear lets wear VIP. Instead of Hyundai, Honda... Maruti only. Not even Suzuki please. Watches, HMT ONLY.

http://www.medianama.com/2014/05/223-flipkart-210m-dst-global/

Check where the investors are based in?

-------

As Someone pointed out that how would that be helpful if an foreign company comes in india and takes away all its profits in dollars.

Well, What are Indian companies doing then.. Show love towards their fellow Indians by giving in discounts? Instead they're trying to create a monopoly market.

I don't care whether it is foreign or Indian company as long as Consumer is benefited. For your kind information, Myntra and flipkart actual founders have just 10% share and 90% it is owned by foreign companies.. Now you know even flipkart revenue is going out of india.

Last edited:
That's why is called PROFIT. Once they pay the tax they can do anything they want with it.

Next thing you'll be asking is to stop going on foreign vacations (boo-hoo :arghh:, you're taking dollars out of India)

Hopefully you are joking,otherwise it's too stupid. Where they pay the tax is the question.Ex: Coke makes enormous amount of profit from Asia and what's the benefit for the Asian govt?

Lets all stop talking in english. Stop using latest phones, gadgets. Instead of CK underwear lets wear VIP. Instead of Hyundai, Honda... Maruti only. Not even Suzuki please. Watches, HMT ONLY.
first change your pharen profile pic![DOUBLEPOST=1402321682][/DOUBLEPOST]
thats not illegal, just exploiting the laws. But I agree with you that FK is shitting bricks

first change your pharen profile pic![DOUBLEPOST=1402321682][/DOUBLEPOST]
thats not illegal, just exploiting the laws. But I agree with you that FK is shitting bricks

I will not. Coz I love phoern companies. I want local sellers to burn and suffer in hell for the 100o times they made me feel like an idiot.

Especially one store in Trivandrum Kerala.

Hopefully you are joking,otherwise it's too stupid. Where they pay the tax is the question.Ex: Coke makes enormous amount of profit from Asia and what's the benefit for the Asian govt?

Are you seriously implying that Coke does not pay tax in India, China, Malaysia etc?

I will not. Coz I love phoern companies. I want local sellers to burn and suffer in hell for the 100o times they made me feel like an idiot.

They try to do that with most of the customers. I hate going to local stores. Usually a dirty / 3-day stubble man / pot-belly is selling stuff. And they refuse to tender change. You come back with Vicks in your mouth.

Mine was regarding a misleading product demo. They demo ed us a high spec model. Priced that. and Sold us one with less options. Same price though.

It's their wish to sell at whatever the price they want to. and also you are not all considering distribution and other costs.

Please do tell me how much tax FK is paying. Every year they say they are in losses with a sad little baby face.

You're jumping the gun here.

the tax head of a rival global consultancy firm says sending show-cause notice is just the preliminary stage of an investigation. "This is an early stage as they will conduct a preliminary inquiry and then issue a showcause notice, The (affected) party has the right to explain its position. Right now it does not mean the company is guilty," he added.

He said though the maximum penalty can be levied in such cases, but the quantum of the fine depends on the nature of offence and the discretion of the investigator. The maximum fine is rarely imposed, he said.

Guys nowadays need "trip overseas" to become cultured? LOL

OP, It's Business. Indigo Airlines allegedly blocked Air Asia's entry (Or so Tony Fernandez hinted through his tweet) because of obvious reasons.
Kingfisher had earlier stated that Indigo had gained a lot of favor from the DGCA? in getting usage of Prime Terminals (Like Delhi T3).

I've been a huge Amazon fan, they are pioneers of Ecommerce. But Amazon itself is a Monopoly. Also, look up how the employees have complained about abusive work conditions. Labor Lawsuits incoming!

Building businesses is tough, specially in India where being cynical is the best way to put your ideas forward.

Let Flipkart air it's views about FDI and you make your decision with your pocket.

Back