File sharing sites blocked by department of telecom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange Error, I can open any site, i have ZERO blockage. Am from MUmbai, using Net9. However if i add the Magnet Link of Priatebay it shows ZERO files and thus torrents dont work.

E.g if i downloading a "'free" documentary like Zietgiest and if i copy the Mag link when i add/paste link in Utorrent, in the pop box it gives details like where it is downloading, what all files can be downloaded, you can check/uncheck things like sample etc if you dont want them.... etc..... now that pop up box is like BLANK. thus even if i click OK nothing moves on.

Any suggestions?

PS- posted same post in another thread not trolling but thought may be different people might help in different solutions.

All of us ranting for the fact that the ISP's have blocked almost all the file sharing sites for an indefinite time period. First it was Reliance who brought in this method, then CopyRight Labs, soon all other ISP had to heed or face charges.

We all know the way around this right... P***Y

Changing to OPEN DNS or GOOGLE DNS aint helping either. When one shuts, a 1000 more open up... so you are at your freedom!

Strange Error, I can open any site, i have ZERO blockage. Am from MUmbai, using Net9. However if i add the Magnet Link of Priatebay it shows ZERO files and thus torrents dont work.

E.g if i downloading a "'free" documentary like Zietgiest and if i copy the Mag link when i add/paste link in Utorrent, in the pop box it gives details like where it is downloading, what all files can be downloaded, you can check/uncheck things like sample etc if you dont want them.... etc..... now that pop up box is like BLANK. thus even if i click OK nothing moves on.

Any suggestions?

PS- posted same post in another thread not trolling but thought may be different people might help in different solutions.

What I've seen now is that while launching it does not show anything. Just keep the (magnet) torrents added for some time. It can take either 2 mins or 10 mins depending on the torrent and connection. Slowly, the name of the file will change, seeds/peers will populate and you will be able to see which files are present in the torrent. Working on my end. The concept here is that there is no tracker, so apparently it makes it difficult for other people to see who exactly are downloading the torrent (Read this somewhere. Not too sure though. But torrents work without any issues).

MTNL DNS change no longer working, i guess they have a filter installed instead of just blocking at DNS level. so now we can't access sh*t... anyways My cable connection has not blocked any sites yet but i am sure they will start soon too.

My suggestion, if you guys really need to download stuff, would be to purchase a server cheap outside India, which is giving you tons of bandwidth, so you download stuff on there & then download it to your local system, off course it will be costly, but unless anon takes out every server in India we have no other option.

I'm really surprised that nobody is willing to fight this legally.
If we don't stop this right now soon we'll see 1000s of sites getting blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back