FIFA 13 - Discussion Thread

Ok i seem to have an Achilles heel which seems to be getting exposed now in the 3rd division, am slipping in too many goals cause of that.
For the longest time i was playing with my keyboard and recently switched to a controller. The thing is, d better opponents seem to make long passes with pin point accuracy + precise player runs. Meaning say evra has the ball at lb, these guys make passes from lb straight to van persie(long balls). The issue with that is, VP is not only receiving the ball at his feet, he also makes a run to skip my defenders every single time and im left with the option of back tracking. VP is still manageable, but with messi or ronaldo its almost impossible to catch em.

MY question is, how r they making the striker make a fwd run. I know how to make player runs happen, but that happens with players around me, how do i make a striker at the other end make a run?????

This might seem like a noob question to a lot of u guyz, but i seriously cant figure this one out. I play max half an Hr a day so i seriously lack practice, but still i believe this has got something to do with controls more than skill.. innit??

If you give a aerial thru ball on auto mode, the strikers (depending upon their individual stats and team mentality) make good runs. To avoid getting caught up by this, you need to monitor the radar while you play.

In FIFA13, a highline is maintained by almost all the teams if I am not wrong. So as and when you see the opposition trying to get in a position to give pin point aerial thrus, you should not charge on that player, instead make a jockey charge and switcg to a defender to cut that run i.e in ur eg VP.
Ok i seem to have an Achilles heel which seems to be getting exposed now in the 3rd division, am slipping in too many goals cause of that.
For the longest time i was playing with my keyboard and recently switched to a controller. The thing is, d better opponents seem to make long passes with pin point accuracy + precise player runs. Meaning say evra has the ball at lb, these guys make passes from lb straight to van persie(long balls). The issue with that is, VP is not only receiving the ball at his feet, he also makes a run to skip my defenders every single time and im left with the option of back tracking. VP is still manageable, but with messi or ronaldo its almost impossible to catch em.

MY question is, how r they making the striker make a fwd run. I know how to make player runs happen, but that happens with players around me, how do i make a striker at the other end make a run?????

This might seem like a noob question to a lot of u guyz, but i seriously cant figure this one out. I play max half an Hr a day so i seriously lack practice, but still i believe this has got something to do with controls more than skill.. innit??

If you give a aerial thru ball on auto mode, the strikers (depending upon their individual stats and team mentality) make good runs. To avoid getting caught up by this, you need to monitor the radar while you play.

In FIFA13, a highline is maintained by almost all the teams if I am not wrong. So as and when you see the opposition trying to get in a position to give pin point aerial thrus, you should not charge on that player, instead make a jockey charge and switcg to a defender to cut that run i.e in ur eg VP.

Can we modify the defensive line and strategy in fifa 13 like in PES?
The thing is, i aint charging at all now, but still the striker is already passed me and the ball falls on his feet. One cannot compensate in that case for the sheer pace that messi or ronaldo has. I have no option but to chase back. This is happening with the better players recently and their passes r bloody accurate.
You know most of my wins come @ 1-0 or max 2-0. Have always been more of a midfield controller and dont leak goals at all. Now even if im winning, its 4-3 or 5-4 etc, and feel eventually it will slide d other way round ...

AFAIK we can modify the strategies in Fifa, I have never modified my defence line specifically. Lets play a friendly tonight. Add me xxwinizwinxx

Can we modify the defensive line and strategy in fifa 13 like in PES?
The thing is, i aint charging at all now, but still the striker is already passed me and the ball falls on his feet. One cannot compensate in that case for the sheer pace that messi or ronaldo has. I have no option but to chase back.

Yeah the defense line is too high in this game , even keeping ultra-defensive doesnt make them stay near D area unlika Fifa 11

Back