English TV series discussion

I loved this series. Each season only has 6 episodes so it is not very long too. I liked it so much i also watched Leverage (sort of US version of US Hustle).[DOUBLEPOST=1395495497][/DOUBLEPOST]I am in middle of season 3 of Psych, really liking this series. Fun character this Shawn is, Gus is good but many a times feel he is sort of unnecessary character.
Along with this i am watching Shark Tank - it is a reality TV show and I am pretty sure no one else watches it.

Finished first episode of THE 100. Fantastic start to this new series. Sci fi like this always fascinate me.
Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/

Finished first episode of THE 100. Fantastic start to this new series. Sci fi like this always fascinate me.
Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/

Lol @ user review on that page. So which one are you ? teenager or a girl ?
Looks like it got bumped down to page 2,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Last edited:
Strange why reviews are so negative. It shows promise as far as first episode is concerned. If i just always went by "ratings" , i would have missed so many great movies and shows.

Also, nowadays there is this fad of bashing every new series if it doesnt reach the standards of say Breaking bad or true detective. The negative reviews seem to portray as if its an abysmal disaster in the league of "Batman and Robin". But its quite well made. Yes the acting is a bit cheesy, yes there is teen drama. Some of the people might have been ticked off by this. Its got a good lead with some surprising moments. All in all, i was quite entertained.

Last edited:
Person of Interest Season 3 Finale is titled as 'Deus Ex Machina'.

Calling it,
Samaritan will be turned on and will be consumed by The Machine. Bonus points if it happens during final 5 minutes of episode.

Just finished Banshee's second season and dayum what a finale. Way better than the first season. This season seemed more focussed on storytelling and character development rather than mindless action all the way. There weren't any EPIC fights like the first season, but that's all right, as it never got dull. In fact, I finished the whole season in a single sitting. Began at somewhere around 5 in the evening and just completed the final episode. Now the long wait begins for the next season. Dam it, why can't we have more shows like this. Cinemax better have a f*cking good back-up to replace it, once it ends.

Just finished Banshee's second season and dayum what a finale. Way better than the first season. This season seemed more focussed on storytelling and character development rather than mindless action all the way. There weren't any EPIC fights like the first season, but that's all right, as it never got dull. In fact, I finished the whole season in a single sitting. Began at somewhere around 5 in the evening and just completed the final episode. Now the long wait begins for the next season. Dam it, why can't we have more shows like this. Cinemax better have a f*cking good back-up to replace it, once it ends.
EXACTLY. Loved it. The production values are so high and novel. The sex is awesome, and the last episode killed it. Love.

The negative reviews seem to portray as if its an abysmal disaster in the league of "Batman and Robin".

I liked Batman and Robin. It was a fun and entertaining movie though way too colorful and bright for a Batman movie. As far as I'm concerned it was better than TDKR with its crappy ending.

Holy living mother of god! :O

7D5JAgR.jpg

Strange why reviews are so negative. It shows promise as far as first episode is concerned. If i just always went by "ratings" , i would have missed so many great movies and shows.

Also, nowadays there is this fad of bashing every new series if it doesnt reach the standards of say Breaking bad or true detective. The negative reviews seem to portray as if its an abysmal disaster in the league of "Batman and Robin". But its quite well made. Yes the acting is a bit cheesy, yes there is teen drama. Some of the people might have been ticked off by this. Its got a good lead with some surprising moments. All in all, i was quite entertained.

Not really, i've been watching shows since 02-03 and every year the number of new shows that i watch has reduced drastically because the quality of new shows has been terrible. In fact i found only Brooklynn Nine Nine watchable this season, i found the rest to be more of the same.
If you're looking for decent new sci-fi watch Orphan Black if you haven't already.

Back