English TV series discussion

I preferred Season 1 of Banshee as well. Season 2 was just okay.
I've kept watching The Walking Dead each week since I preferred a bit of sad comedy before gearing up for True Detective. But no more True Detective... so I'm left with sad comedy.

Season 2 steps it up a notch. The cheese and angst is turned down a little bit and more of DC's characters come into play. It has been amazing.
Last episode was really good. Though what wud have really been amazing was a fight when Oliver queen says - So what are you going to do now, Mr .....? That wud have been really out of the left field.
Am watching Helix, Almost Human, Resurrection, Banshee, Following - amongst the new shows started the previous year.

below are my feedback:
  • The Following - Excellent show. In season 2 - the initial couple of episodes did not pickup so well but now I really like it. Too much Gore and nudity - but its really hard core. I like the action sequences (very fast kills - no beating around the bush:)).
  • Helix - Started off nicely but its become a little slow now. each episode is 1 day in a virus filled facility. Still worth a watch when u are free
  • Resurrection - watched the 1st episode last week. very very slow but has potential. Will watch couple of more episodes.
  • Almost Human - started off well but now its more like a soap opera. I watch it purely to pass time and have no expectation from this.
  • Banshee - Good show but episodes are becoming repetitive with the plot not going anywhere in the show now. Season 1 was good. Season 2 opening 3-4 episodes were also great. last 3-4 episodes are a huge let down.

BTW:
Downloaded CSI Miami (watching season 8), Modern family. Both are good. Also, watching Lost second time around
Almost Human started this season ...out of which I am sure Almost Human is getting the boot. I mean what the f...is with stories who have zero suspense dragging over 10 episodes. One of the reasons I like Blacklist. Once they announce the cancellation, closure would get cramped in an episode or two which is worthless.

Following story has its weak point in the level of disbelief it requires. Sometimes it is like an Indian suspense story (like 36 China town) the resolution of ideas is just made up along the way or trying hard to be unpredictable. Watch Hannibal instead.

Caught the first episode of COSMOS with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Nat Geo. A few cheesy bits aside, looks to be an awesome trip through the universe. I loved the small Sagan tribute at the end.

Whose line is back this Friday :D, hopefully they listened to the feedback and cut down on the "guest' time.

Caught the first episode of COSMOS with Neil deGrasse Tyson on Nat Geo. A few cheesy bits aside, looks to be an awesome trip through the universe. I loved the small Sagan tribute at the end.

Whose line is back this Friday :D, hopefully they listened to the feedback and cut down on the "guest' time.

I still haven't watched the original Cosmos, so that has been on my download list. Will make for peaceful dinner-time viewing. (Currently watching the Dick Proenneke series... Alone in the Wilderness etc. for my dinners).

As for Whose Line... Wiki says there's still going to be a celeb guest for each episode. I thought they'd be done with that :(

Last ep of Banshee felt good. Nothing outstanding, but pretty well done.

Glad that i picked it up. Bollywood should take notice.. if you have to make over the top stuff, take notice and take lessons. Cuz this is the best you can do with your current repertoire. (Thank God for youtube and the good old shows being available there.)

Halfway through S07 of Seinfeld..
Still dont feel that it deserves the hype. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Very intense episode of TWD. Followed the comics to a certain extent. Just that in the comics it was the brothers, but in the TV show it was the sisters.

And for humming the opening lines..

Only the creater Emerson can do that
Root joined the fun today :D You guys should try it too. The Machine is reaching out to the humans. Perhaps it's taught itself emotions and empathy? That would very well be what differentiates it from Samaritan.

You ship Shaw/Root, don't you?

Everybody does it. ;)
uWnkDNS.gif

I have few ideas about the direction of this season's finale and next season. All of them are exciting.
Fingers crossed for an intense and kickass finale.

blacklist is getting boring. i had such high hopes for this series. spaderis brilliant but the rest of the cast bring down the acting level. also, i think the new case, new villian per episode formula is getting stale.

Picked up Banshee's current season. Will complete it this weekend. Good thing Black Sails and True Detective are only 8 episodes long, so they can be completed next weekend.

blacklist is getting boring. i had such high hopes for this series. spaderis brilliant but the rest of the cast bring down the acting level. also, i think the new case, new villian per episode formula is getting stale.
I was going to pick it up looking at the Trailer and Spader, but too bad it isnt that good.

Yep. I dropped it during the mid-season break as well. Wasn't interesting enough for me to go back to it. It had good promise.

Blacklist - Last episode was a bummer - I was a fan of their speedy resolution of mysteries -- there were no perpetual mole who wasn't revealed till cancelled -1th episode (other than the overarching story). The whole Jolene parker thing was meh! it was built up, checking ViCap, tracking her via the atrocious accent black bald guy and then
dead by strangling without doing anything
god thats bad.

POI - They have got some steam. Though I was left wondering who the hell was Maria Martinez? Guess next week's POI?

Arrow - Another high episode. Introduction of the suicide squad and I think, Harley Quinn. Though added another mystery towards the end.

Surprisingly , blacklist ratings are going up. Not so surprising when you consider the abysmally pathetic sorry excuse of a show - Two and a half men has been renewed for another season to again inflict creepy sexual jokes and their insipid characters doing disgusting things in hopes of amusing the audience

Back