English TV series discussion

Person of Interest - S03E11 - Lethe

Brilliant episode and loved the hacker and Intelligence Agencies related stuff.

Shaw was as usual, freaking amazing. Especially when she was with the Agent.

But the end.... oh man.... damn it. Have to wait another 3 weeks.

PoI hinted the existence of PRISM program at the end. I didn't like the storyline, but with so much time invested in the series, I might as well go along. As always, the machine is what pulls me back.

9pX0r2i.jpg?1

How long before Snowden debuts on the show? :D

LOL you don't need to reach for IMDB when its named MASTERS OF SEX. :D I read someone's tweet on twitter, and I had fired up the torrent for the pilot before I asked her about the show :D

Californication to end after upcoming seventh season

Dark comedy series Californication will be coming to a close at the end of season seven.

The David Duchovny-starrer, which debuted on the net in 2007, has won a Golden Globe, said the Hollywood Reporter.

David plays Hank Moody in the series and his character would get a satisfactory closure.

"We will always be indebted to Tom Kapinos (creater) for leading the creative charge on this memorable comedy, and to David Duchovny. Tom has carefully planned the final chapter of Hank's journey and has brought it to a beautiful and satisfying conclusion for new and longtime fans alike," he said.

The comedy series will return for its final season in April.

Source: NDTV

I stopped following Californication half way into season 5...does it get any better after that?

No it doesn't. It only gets worse. The last season was a complete and utter wreck.

Finally completed Rome's first season and I quite enjoyed the last few episodes. Ray Stevenson really stole the show in the arena battle. Superb fight.

Done with 2 seasons of Modern Family. Started the 3rd season today. This isn't an outright hilarious show, but enough to a get a few chuckles here and there. I find Gloria's character extremely irritating. The Dunphy family, on the other hand, is hands down the funniest one.

I also like modern family but its overrated as well. People saying as if its the best thing in comedy havent seen shows like it crowd, coupling, the office etc

It is certainly over-rated. I'm going to give Coupling a try. You must get The Inbetweeners, if you haven't already. It totally hilarious and very short (like most British shows).

I also like modern family but its overrated as well. People saying as if its the best thing in comedy havent seen shows like it crowd, coupling, the office etc
Or you know, BY GOLLY, they've an opinion ! :eek: :rolleyes:
Having seen all that you mentioned, don't feel there's any point comparing the shows. Yes, the genre is the same but that's about it. Personally, enjoyed MF as much as TITC or Coupling. All depends on what mood you're in.

PoI hinted the existence of PRISM program at the end. I didn't like the storyline, but with so much time invested in the series, I might as well go along. As always, the machine is what pulls me back.

9pX0r2i.jpg?1

How long before Snowden debuts on the show? :D

Actually PRISM is just a piece of crap decoy.
PoI is going Sarah Connor Chronicles way.

Spoiler for Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Skynet rival AI is developed and fights against Skynet

Spoiler for PoI
The Machine vs The Samaritan? or The Machine + The Samaritan?

I don't care which route Jonah and other writers are taking. Bring it on.

Back