English TV series discussion

^haven't seen Luther, is it like Mentalist where every new episode there is new story? or continuos ? [and is there any better way to say this in English :oops:]

Harper's Island looks interesting. Is it properly finished series or like Awake, inconclusive ending?

Last edited:
^haven't seen Luther, is it like Mentalist where every new episode there is new story? or continuos ? [and is there any better way to this in English :oops:]

Harper's Island looks interesting. Is it properly finished series or like Awake, inconclusive ending?

Luther is a cop drama and a very intense one. It's just 6 episodes per season and each season deals with a new criminal case.

Harper's Island has a proper ending and nothing is left to ambiguity.

Harper's island was good. The setting, actors were good. However i felt that the plot was more or less generic. Very few surprises. It was almost like watching a lengthy version of the massacre movies where everyone gets killed one by one.

Harper's island was good. The setting, actors were good. However i felt that the plot was more or less generic. Very few surprises. It was almost like watching a lengthy version of the massacre movies where everyone gets killed one by one.

True but it did have something going for it. I enjoyed watching that show (almost 3-4 years ago I guess)

Watched first five episodes of Spaced Yesterday. Hardly chuckled once or twice. Like BlackAdder, this is another British Comedy which i don't "get" or maybe its a cultural thing and is funny to britishers only. I absolutely love Coupling ( The best sitcom ever), IT Crowd, The office and more recently Peep Show and am laughing hard throughout.[DOUBLEPOST=1387857275][/DOUBLEPOST]
Saw the 1st Episode of Banshee i didn't find it mind blowing though.
Bhai, in my extensive experience of watching TV Shows, you have to give atleast one full season or even more to determine whether the series is worth your time :p . ( Have heard seinfeld really starts to shine 3rd season onwards. Damn , i have to watch that show soon).

^haven't seen Luther, is it like Mentalist where every new episode there is new story? or continuos ? [and is there any better way to say this in English :oops:]

Realised that the marshall in Pacific Rim is Luther :D

Completed all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad...without doubt the best TV series I have watched. I love the extended version of the theme music too.

Started with season 1 of Banshee, completed 5 episodes. Generous amounts of violence and nudity, like it so far.

Back