English TV series discussion

Can't Wait

923517_260071700806009_136189394_n.jpg

How do you all keep track of what you are watching, have watched and will be watching ?
Like i use episode calendar website, their iPhone app sucks.
For my phone i have iTV Shows 2 which is pretty awesome and mostly i use this app because phone is almost always near to me but laptop may not be.

I don't keep a list anywhere specifically. All those reminders on the FB wall feed reminds me of what are the shows that are going to air. And for those that are airing currently (GoT and Hannibal for instance), I keep the RSS feeds from the private tracker ready so it downloads automatically on the respective day.

How do you all keep track of what you are watching, have watched and will be watching ?
For my phone i have iTV Shows 2 which is pretty awesome and mostly i use this app because phone is almost always near to me but laptop may not be.
I remember what i have watched, I know what i am watching at present.
I have never watched anything that is aired currently, so i don't need to keep a tab on what i need to watch in future.
Breaking Bad and Sherlock are the only 2 things that i am keeping an eye on.

Do you delete TV shows after watching them? I have been hoarding content diligently, most of it is 720/1080p. Having crossed 5 TB, I was wondering if its sane to still keep shows I have already watched. Imagine pressing the delete button on pristine HD rips of shows like Fringe, Dexter, Lost, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Rome etc. :)

I don't keep a list anywhere specifically. All those reminders on the FB wall feed reminds me of what are the shows that are going to air. And for those that are airing currently (GoT and Hannibal for instance), I keep the RSS feeds from the private tracker ready so it downloads automatically on the respective day.

@Arbit

Yup delete each season after it is complete. No point keeping them unnecessarily when i know i might never watch it again. As it is even if at a later date you do want to watch, you know how and where to procure them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you delete TV shows after watching them? I have been hoarding content diligently, most of it is 720/1080p. Having crossed 5 TB, I was wondering if its sane to still keep shows I have already watched. Imagine pressing the delete button on pristine HD rips of shows like Fringe, Dexter, Lost, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Rome etc. :)

Well, pass them over to me and I can keep another copy backup for you ;)

That is what I think too, and keep hoarding...but the backlog is huge and growing rapidly, like 2 years worth of content at the very least, I believe.

Nope. I preserve all the episodes (720p) I download at the moment. I need to rewatch all the good ones "later". When - I am not sure of that. :rolleyes:

I dont have the heart to delete, say for eg the first season of GOT, which is a 100 GB blu ray rip or my Fringe collection which is around 150 GB. Most of the stuff I have is not very popular among peers because of the size, and left with very few 'seeds' in a couple of months of it going 'up'.

@Arbit

Yup delete each season after it is complete. No point keeping them unnecessarily when i know i might never watch it again. As it is even if at a later date you do want to watch, you know how and where to procure them again.

Can you post a nutshell guide for achieving this? I tried setting up something like this a month before, but failed.
I use IPT to procure for all my contents. Like say for example, a new episode of a show named X becomes available on IPT around 8AM every monday. I want to my utorrent client to add and start downloading the new episode 720p automatically as soon as it gets available on IPT. Any way to achieve this?

Come to android there are many apps to do this :p

@Arbit - Sharing is caring. Instead of deleting share it with someone. Thats what I do, I give the HDD to my friends to make a copy who then pass on. So in case I need it later, someone (preferably with a huge backlog) will have a copy of it.

Come to android there are many apps to do this :p

@Arbit - Sharing is caring. Instead of deleting share it with someone. Thats what I do, I give the HDD to my friends to make a copy who then pass on. So in case I need it later, someone (preferably with a huge backlog) will have a copy of it.

LOL not coming to android anytime soon and no dearth of apps of iOS.
Check this....

Attachments

• IMG_0660.PNG
    IMG_0660.PNG
    796.2 KB · Views: 97
Would be eager to hear your views, as I am grabbing it too, besides Orphan Black.

Well I just finished the first episode and it was pretty good. The end scene was rather intriguing. It's said that this series is supposed to be a prequel to Psycho, a movie I haven't seen yet. Like the atmospheric feel and the soundtrack. I knew I should have grabbed the remaining episodes a little earlier, but I guess it'll have to wait for this weekend viewing.

Never heard of Orphan Black. Have you seen Luther though? It's yet another gem on BBC.

Oh and almost forgot, welcome to the forum.

Back