English TV series discussion

Person of Interest (S03E22) A House Divided

Superb episode. The conversation between Finch and Greer was as good as the action. Emerson and Nolan were amazing in those scenes and brought a sense of grandeur. Also I'm getting a feeling that the boys of Root will stay with her. I don't want them to die. :(

11 episodes of Person of Interest done with.
Surely looks like a series made/conceived by a bunch of guys from a convenience store.
Yes, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Even though the concept seems far fetched, and the execution leaves a lot to be desired, it is amusing to spot the parallels between what's happening in the show and real life. The characters in the show are well written too.

Was browsing Bangalore City Traffic Police website and noticed this:

O98Hcmi.png

I hope they don't have a secret system too, especially one that spies on us every hour of every day :D

Last edited:
Yes, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Out of 11 episodes, there were only 2 which were bearable.
Watching the show is quite a task for me and i really would prefer watching brooklyn 99 instead of this (despite both being from different genre.)

The first time i tried to watch the pilot of POI was some 8 months back. Couldnt get past 15 mins.
Gave the series another shot due to recommendation of a dear friend, and every time i had to hop over to imdb to see which one has got crazy good rating so as to keep going. 11nth ep had pretty good rating and i made it till that point.

Now i dont have any interest left in it. Maybe a revisit will be scheduled when i have to sit with people and just play something on the tv for the sake of it while everybody jostles for a slice of pizza.

6.5/10

I've been following PoI from day 1 and I agree that first season is inferior and lacking in certain aspects. Season 2 and 3 vastly improve over first season. But Skipping season 1 is not an option as it sets up the characters, their alliances and ends on a cliffhanger. And the flashbacks are often used to tell us the backstory so I'd not recommend skipping.

I believe that if a series is sort continuing one which builds characters as it moves ahead, then skipping any season is not a good idea. At least i never skip any season and jump.
But for shows like TBBT which are sort of different and unreleated between episodes, any can be watched. Anyways i don't enjoy TBBT anymore except some small chuckles.

Spacey, you ought to show some patience man :p
After starting Spartacus, House M.D., Rome (iirc), this is yet another instance of you going the dumping route :D

How can you say that man? I did finished Rome. :blackalien:

House hasnt been deserted. I watch it off and on. Just not the types to go full throttle.
Spartacus is still there on the list, but not gonna be ..err i think i can give it another shot. If i can go past 10 ep on POI.. Spartacus def deserves something.

With so much good content floating around, i stopped 'trying to like' a series. Besides, watching 10+ episodes is way too good an effort from my side. The kind of acting and execution there was, only TE and my friend's insistence kept the show in good stead.

Banshee, BB99 have been the latest good ones for me. None of them tried to claim that they could punch above their weight.

Last edited:
i see many people in imdb boards echoing my views that caviezel should have been next batman. i was really sad to learn that after passion of christ, he was sort of abandoned by film fraternity cuz of the movie's anti jewish tones. otherwise everybody would regard him in the same league as bale/leo

^ He was fantastic in Count of Monte Cristo, and certainly has the demenour to be playing Batman.
I am happy that he has a series to his name which ll keep his name shining brightly.

Back