English TV series discussion

Is the The Wire better than The Shield?

Yes .. I'd say so .. (Greatest show ever)

Wire is a more realistic portrayal of Police Work .. its a very evenly paced show with no sudden cliffhangers .. Its soo much more than a Cop Drama ..It spends equal time on both sides of the law.
To put it out there .. in the entire show we never see a Police or Cops ever engaged in a firefight or shootout, you will hardly ever see a Police even use his weapon .. The show is more about Characters & Story & Social Commentary and the central character is the City of Baltimore. The title "The Wire" refers to Wire-tapping of phones .. which is what most of the Case work is built around in the show.

Don't know what to do if you Guys are suggesting one Good show the every other day.

Already watching 10 shows consecutively. From October i have to add one more.. walking dead.[DOUBLEPOST=1376486662][/DOUBLEPOST]
october 31 according to imdb.

I can only binge these shows on a Weekend .. Finished Hannibal & Orange is the New Black on two weekends.

Started watching Its always Sunny in Philly .. casual watch .. doesnt take too much time.

On hold is Fringe(S03), BSG(S02) ..Saturated by self with those two .. need to clear my head so that I can run through them.

Orange is the new Black is certainly among my 2013 Favourites .. but for light hearted show they are not shy of the occasional dabble in the censored .. :O .. Okay story .. Excellent Characters.

Question: Does Justified need a 720p print to be enjoyed or will 480p do ?

For those who loved Orange is the new Black, I'd recommend picking up Bad Girls. This is a British drama with the same theme, but it's far more amazing and gripping. I'm nearly done with the 4th season and can't get enough of the show. By the time I'm done with this series, I think I'll need one of those memory erasing devices from MIB to wipe off my memory and re-watch this all over again.

Holy hell, Justified S1 finale was kickass! :eek:

Looks like whichever show involves meth has got to be awesome. BrBa, The Shield, Sons of Anarchy and now this. :p

Beginning Season 2 shortly.

Watched 5 episodes of Justified S2. Walton Goggins proves yet again how amazing an actor he is. Loved him in The Shield.

Yes .. I'd say so .. (Greatest show ever)

Wire is a more realistic portrayal of Police Work .. its a very evenly paced show with no sudden cliffhangers .. Its soo much more than a Cop Drama ..It spends equal time on both sides of the law.
To put it out there .. in the entire show we never see a Police or Cops ever engaged in a firefight or shootout, you will hardly ever see a Police even use his weapon .. The show is more about Characters & Story & Social Commentary and the central character is the City of Baltimore. The title "The Wire" refers to Wire-tapping of phones .. which is what most of the Case work is built around in the show.

You could check out Homicide which is sort of in between Wire and the Shield with its fair share of dramatic plots.

Completed Season 5 of SuperNatural the buildup to finale was really good the last 3 episodes were probably the pinnacle of entire series.

Completed Season 5 of SuperNatural the buildup to finale was really good the last 3 episodes were probably the pinnacle of entire series.
Am done with Season 5 too. :)
That was superb. Didn't end as i had guessed though.
What was that in the end? Chuck disappearing? Was Chuck God?
Also WTH??? Sammy comes back. Why did the street light go off when he comes? its like he has become a demon or angel

@Ethan_Hunt Dont look at the spoiler question, it would ruin it for you.

I feel Dean's character really came up this season and Sammy's too.
Bobby character was also given a large role and so was Cass.

I really liked Dean's Character this season though. Superb acting by Jensen Ackles :)
Bobby played by Jim Beaver, who did some fine acting too.

Last edited:
Back