Encounter with Noobs !!!!

This is something thats gonna make me sound like a 'real dumbo'.

It was back during my college days(Btech first year) i think 2003, had seen mobile phones but was never able to put my hands on one. My friend somehow gets hold of one(Nokia 3310) and i get to see one mobile for the first time at hostel. I was cautious and afraid if i am gonna do something foolish. I wanted to see where the phone numbers are stored and wanted to try adding my home phone to it. I tried to find it for sometime but wasn't successful. I asked my friend where the phone numbers are in a loud voice as he was in another room and he replies "Look for the PhoneBook".. I thought it was some kind of a manual which explained things and went looking for it in shelves of the room and between books.. My roomies were all around(they were few days ahead of me to have a look at the phone) and they were like laughing their a** out looking at me... i think it was the dumbest moment of my life...but still i can remember every bit of the fun and humiliation ... he he :)..

When I was a kid (2nd-3rd grade), we had this Kelvinator Sterling Supreme refrigerator. Opened it and pressed a push-button switch (never knew what it does so was always curious to press it); not the one that switches off the lamp. Then, the fridge suddenly vibrated for a second and shut itself. Was scared what happened, if the fridge broke down. Later after some years, came to know it was the defrost switch, used to melt the excess ice. :ashamed:

Heh, we were all noobs once. :p

A friend last month was looking for a laptop, his budget was around 40-50k. I gave him the usual suspects. Yesterday I called him up to ask what he had decided, he said I am thinking of getting the a new high end Android phone. I said cool!

Then he said thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy SII with the new Intel Sandy Bridge.:rofl:

Now after almost dying of laughter, I try to explain the oversmart jacka** the different between mobile and desktop CPUs but he was fighting with me for over 10 mins saying that he had read it somewhere! after about an hour he sends me an SMS saying Sandy Bridge he had read while doing research on laptops! :S

Some Pune TE members may know him by Chiku!

Edit: My post count is 404! LOL

I was in 2nd year in MCKV Institute Of Engineering, Liluah. One of my friends was asking for my computer password and I told him the password, he typed it and suddenly screamed out loud saying that my computer has gone bad. Being totally terrified, I ran into the room (I was in another room at that time) asking what has happened and he said that he has typed the password correctly but still its only showing as stars (********). Rofl
After hearing this, I was confused what to do, laugh out loudly or be mad at him. At last, I did none and ended up explaining him about passwords.

:D
:p

Go to a computer showroom.
Ask the manager for a nvidia 8800gt.
Replies that he doesn't have that but has the 9400gt which is the 'better' version
Call bullshit on that
Manager says higher number means better the component
Tell him he doesn't know shit and get out

Orija said:
Go to a computer showroom.

Ask the manager for a nvidia 8800gt.

Replies that he doesn't have that but has the 9400gt which is the 'better' version

Call bullshit on that

Manager says higher number means better the component

Tell him he doesn't know shit and get out
Lols...hope in todays world he wont dare to say that 9400gt easily beats ati 6870 due to its higher number. :rofl:

& hope such idiots sellers arent @ lammy here

So this incident happened with me today, I was trying to help a friend out since she was having trouble closing a program because her mouse was acting up and this is what transpired :

She : My mouse has stopped working yaar, how do i close this window??? :(

Me : Just hit alt f4 rey.

She : Hmm nothing is happening yaar.

Me : Did u hit alt f4?

She : yes but nothing happened. :(

Me : Thats not possible, umm ... you do know you have to press them together, right? Like alt+f4.

She : oh .. i am sorry :p

Me : There you go .. lol :p

She : still nothing yaar. :( :(

Me : Did you press ALT+F4 together?

She : wait, the f should be in capital? Stupid me ... I typed it in small letter, lemme do it again.

Me : oh crap! :facepalm:

Few things my colleagues have said when looking at my Samsung Galaxy S II, which has Samsung written on the front panel and the back mesh case with Galaxy S II written on the back, -

"Is this the Apple iPad?"

"Is this iPhone?"

"Is this Samsung Tab?"

"Is this Samsung iPad?"

"Is this your laptop?"

"Is this an American phone?"

"Is this Nokia?"

The only person to correctly identify the phone at first glance was a girl, a similarly qualified doctor working in another department. I asked her out right then! ;)

Lucky chap.

My colleagues on my Spice Mi-410 (all docs as well):

Foreign ka phone?

Galaxy tablet?

Galaxy S II?

Desire HD?

No luck with girls either.

Only one of em identified it as an Android phone:

Ooh. This is the phone on which you get a cat which speaks (remarking about Talking Tomcat app)

I smacked my head right at that moment.

All were appalled to see the spice logo.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on rooted Gingerbread 2.3.4

A lot of gfx 256 mb/512 mb debate, and I'm trying to make them understand.....
Not noobs exactly, but we did record sound(You would know :p what ) in friends's computers and set it as windows start up sound or something like "Sale phat gayi" as window shutdown sound, Its nice to see thier face when they here if for the first time...obvoiusly in 2nd year, when everyone was getting new computers and were noobs in most of the things and didn't know what exactly is happening.. :D

Also similar to above, taking a screen shot of desktop and setting it as wallpaper and removing the actual desktop icons.

Was waiting for the valet to get my car in front of a Hotel along with a team mate...
TM: There that is your car..
Me: No.. it isn't.
TM: U have a Honda right ??
Me: Yes.. but that is a Honda Accord.. I have a Honda City..
TM: Ahh I thought this was urs.. same color na..

(I have a Grey Honda City.. and the Accord was white in color..)

One from me;

Few days back, one of my noob uncle was speaking something about mobile phone and java. He have no concept regarding this, yet he was speaking those, and he told us that some one was trying to erect a JAVA-tower for proper working for java - god knows what he meant :p

CA50 said:
One from me;

Few days back, one of my noob uncle was speaking something about mobile phone and java. He have no concept regarding this, yet he was speaking those, and he told us that some one was trying to erect a JAVA-tower for proper working for java - god knows what he meant :p
Lols...if its possible :O then i'm waiting for a dedicated symbian & android towers. Less network congestion & pro connectivity.

Hope your uncle didnt asked that on ivr/cc.:rofl:

Back