eBay India Hot Deals and Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn damn damn....ebay put everything free of shipping and processing charges ,all items are at us rate just for one day :(((((((((((((((((((
i only order one item ...damn
i was about to buy xbox and a sub for my car..... my bad luck
anyone here taken the benefit of this offer?

wishmaster.dj said:
i am getting a very strong feeling some ebay rep reads this forum regularly.

spawnfreak said:
i second that. No where else on the web, such a wide discussion is going on reg ebay india's coupons n deals.

i have put ebay on google alerts & many times i get these TE threads on my alerts, shows that it can be traced, it only striked me now so i do not have any proof to copy paste now, but it can be easily traced, next time i get any, i'll paste it.

this is a public site & who knows there might be an ebay guy registered on TE, also let us not come to a conclusion that there might be not, else these facilities would have been closed too soon, but yes it did, all did. what we do here is not cheating, we are just helping each other, as long as ebay was making profit, it was good.

as of immediate precaution let us quote everything as of now, hope it helps

Sorry, the gift voucher / promotion code DOPQHITOQR cannot be used for the item(s) you are purchasing. Please try another voucher / promotion code or continue with your payment.

10% coupon code not working

MohitPreet said:
Sorry, the gift voucher / promotion code DOPQHITOQR cannot be used for the item(s) you are purchasing. Please try another voucher / promotion code or continue with your payment.

10% coupon code not working

Where applied? Working for me almost everywhere with exception to GEB.

Godfather said:
I need to buy a 500GB portable drive, mostly a WD. Please give me some ebay links for lowest prices or good deals. Can someone from Mumbai help me buy one? :)
Please give me some links someone. :)

TechYoda said:
This is not true for GEB offer. They ran this offer for hardly 1 and half days.

The way they have brought down the StanChart offer quickly, they might be reconsidering *all* offers - of course that's just an educated guess. But I don't see any reason why a company will back down from dates announced earlier. GEB is just collateral damage, while they think how best to offer deals to the crazy India (TE?) crowd :eek:hyeah:

Just to add one last point, knowing fully well this will not be a popular opinion around here:

Even if an offer is working multiple times on a card, it's silly to think that eBay or the Bank will not find out if a card was used multiple times under a particular offer. All metrics (statistics) for these promotions are heavily monitored by both the vendor (eBay) and the bank to gauge the success or failure of these promotions. If they see that majority of these transactions by done by a small number of cards (cards which may have been used at eBay earlier as well), they'll realize that the promotion wasn't much of a success, since the idea of these promotions is to get as many *different* people involved in buying from the vendor (eBay) as possible and hopefully getting repeat business from them.

The bank probably doesn't mind if you abuse it, though it does have a negative impact on them in the long run. If the vendor doesn't benefit from a promotion, the bank is unlikely to get such a promotion in the future, and thus it limits their ability to sell a card ("Sar, buy my card it will get you XYZ off..." etc)

My advice: Stick to the cards you have and use them for personal purchases or we'll never (rarely) see such promos again.

Disclaimer: No offense meant to anyone on this thread.

kunaldua said:
My advice: Stick to the cards you have and use them for personal purchases or we'll never (rarely) see such promos again.

I tend to agree here. No offence meant to anybody, but even if not for personal purchases, at least bragging about (mis)using the vouchers for multiple purchases/ multiple IDs etc is like digging your own graves.

Everyone who were early did get benefited with the coupons.I do not see a reason as to why members who did not get benefited are ranting so much :no:

This thread was create 2 years ago .A lot of people have enjoyed coupons and yeah a lot of them including me did create multiple ids .Some of them did get banned .If eBay wants business they will come out with new coupons even if they are under loss.

PS:No offence meant but its irritating to see people ranting when they are not benefited :|

Metalspree said:
PS:No offence meant but its irritating to see people ranting when they are not benefited :|

Nice try at "no offense". And could you pass me that divine insight that tells you I was "ranting" or the fact that I didnt benefit from the coupons?

This thread was create 2 years ago .

The Stanc & ICICI Coupons were not created or stopped awkwardly before the "valid till" date 2 years ago.

A lot of people have enjoyed coupons and yeah a lot of them including me did create multiple ids .Some of them did get banned .If eBay wants business they will come out with new coupons even if they are under loss.

Yes, a lot of people have enjoyed coupons. Again, I said if anyone created multiple IDs, its for Ebay to find out. By unabashedly claiming on this forum that "I created 15 ids" etc is asking for trouble. If all this happened in a discrete manner, I'm sure Ebay wouldn't have found out this misuse thing as easily as now.

Folks, do not assume that TE is the end of the world. There might have been hundred's of business reasons why the ebay scheme was stopped. Blaming this thread on the fiasco is really being impractical.

Having said that, the fundamental reason for ebay pulling the plug on all the schemes was really the misuse of the coupons at a broad level. I have been ebaying for the last 9 years, ever since I was in the US, with a single ID. This thread did induce the devil in me and I went ahead and created a few more id's just to see if I get better coupons ! That is definitely the effect of the thread where the misuse of the ebay accounts increased. Im sure they would have done their due dilligence and figure out that misuse across various accounts.

But saying that ebay is monitoring this thread and that is why they made business decisions to close their schemes is giving more credit to this thread than is required.

Metalspree said:
No offence meant but its irritating to see people ranting when they are not benefited

If you are referring to my post or m.a.'s, you need to lookup the meaning of the word "rant". And for the record, my post wasn't born out of any "frustration" of not having benefited from any of the offers - I have purchased whatever I need with or without the offer(s). But I'll liken your mentality to what we see on a 2 lane undivided road - as long as I cross over and beat the jam in my lane by moving to the wrong lane, I don't care if I leave traffic in deadlock behind me.

Metalspree said:
If eBay wants business they will come out with new coupons even if they are under loss.

My advice to you: Don't even think of running a business.

My 2c's, ebay did see a misuse and are probably brain storming as we debate this on how to prevent misuse and yet grow new accounts.

Recieved this mail from 20north

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=cec1b7f96c8c531f3ee1924ec&id=c847e73d3f&e=e6daf78770

It seems they waived the handling charges for gifting option...i verified too and it seems true...tried with 2GB clip+...final price at checkout is same as listed price...check yourself..

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black) < Mp3 & Media Player < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

clipp.png

Some good deals:

Sansa Clip+ 2GB Rs 1942/- SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black) < Mp3 & Media Player < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

Sansa Clip+ 4GB Rs 2537/- SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Black) < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

Sansa Fuze 8GB Rs 3595/- SanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black) < Mp3 & Media Player < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

My point was everyone here were aware they were misusing the coupons.Now that the coupons were pulled down due to some reasons why do u want to pull TE in to it.There are lot of people who are out of TE , creating multiple ids enjoying the benefits

@kunaldua eBay will continue to give out coupons even if they are under loss.You think they are mad to release coupons even after they went under huge loss after that 250/- or 150/- which coupon was released 2 years back and every one brought loads of stuff(including me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back