EARTH QUAKE ALERTTTT!

ubergeek

Skilled
Due to a quake of richter 8.9 in indonesia after shocks were felt over serveral place in india,Singapore.

Is everyone alright? of you have anymore information on this please post here

In our office in Kolkata Salt Lake we were bundled out by security.I sit on the 5th floor and nobody felt anything.But some on 13th floor felt the tremors.

Spent 10 mins below for a ciggy break and then came back
<

reporting from Kolkata. Still alive - I didn't felt as I was outside, but people in my floor (8th floor it is) got damn scared.

It wasn't too strong here I guess. Dunno the magnitude here.

ya i was resting on my chair in chennai. the chair has spring back effect. chair started rocking back and forth. at first i thought that my heart beat matched the natural frequency of chair spring. soon saw people getting out of building. then realised it was earthquake.

now after half hour everyone was told to leave in company as TSUNAMI alert has been announced. Hope nothing comes on seashore.

Had similar experience. I was in 3th floor (OMR road,Chennai). the chair started rocking side wise thought i was feeling giddy. Realised it was a tremer after a cabinet fell down from a near by desk.

team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/118960-earthquake-indonesia-tsunami-warning-11-apr-2012-a-3.html

the above thread on t bhp has some news and details. it seems there has been lot of earthquakes around the world at the same time. check pic showing centre locations

Felt the quake for around 30 secs here in bangalore ( 9th floor ). At first, I thought it was the chair. Then saw the hanging exit sign moving. Afterwards, everyone were evacuated.

According to USGS, it was horizontal movement and hence chance of tsunami is very less.

Reporting from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal...

Earth quake intensity felt

85.95 on richter scale

property destruction: Full scale, all buildings to dust

after effects Volcanic eruptions from sewers

CAUSE OF EARTH QUAKE: MMOOMMTHA BONERJO

Copy pasted from Times of India

Tsunami likely to hit Indian shores at the following time:​

GREAT_NICOBAR 7.1N 93.6E 0937Z 11 APR​

LITTLE_ANDAMAN 10.7N 92.3E 1015Z 11 APR​

NORTH_ANDAMAN 13.3N 92.6E 1045Z 11 APR​

PORT_BLAIR 11.9N 92.7E 1050Z 11 APR​

CHENNAI 13.4N 80.4E 1134Z 11 APR​