does trimmer give you a clean shave

Hi guys,

I dont like a shaving blade as my skin feels itchy after the shave. I have tried gillette mach3 and some other vibating 5 blade razer that my brother got for me. I shave my moustache aswell and my moustache area swells up and i fell kinda numb.

I tried a philps electric shaver and i didnt find it good. It was worse than my gillette.

Anyone using a trimmer here. Do you get a clean shave?? Also suggest me a good one.

Nope a trimmer will not give a clean shave. Simply cause its made that way. I normally trim my excess beard, and then shave with a good old razor

cheapest chinese ones you find on the roadside. cost 300 bucks , and works reasonably good. just be careful not to get shocked. they are mains powered :p

I have a panasonic battery powered un. cost me 3.5k, and certainly not worth that much. I think gmano might be able to help you out vinchu, he got hold of a philips one for cheaper

Wow, what kind of beards do you guys have? My electric shaver gives me the same smoothness as shaving with the razor going against the beard. It leaves a couple of strands here and there that can be fixed with a razor. I use a Philips (don't remember the model) that I picked up at Walmart for about $80.

I use Dingling Electric Trimmer.
This is completely cordless and it gives 2-3 shaves when completely charged.
It's light weight and easy to carry and use anywhere and anytime.
1273large.jpg

This trimmer is a china made and costs less than 300/-.
the first one gave me almost 50 shaves and suddenly stopped working when i got angry(of something) threw it.
now i got a new one and hope will work fine until i break it.:p
But bear in mind trimmer will never give a cleaner shave.
It cut to the maximum extent.
I never like clean shave,i look good with little grown beard.
and also i get itching sensation when i shave.
you can get a good one for 3k.if you want to go for branded one i suggest Philips or Panasonic.

see the below image to see the maximum level my trimmer can cut.

hrithik20roshan20pictur.jpg

Only the trimming is guaranteed not Hrithik. lol

TECH HUNTER said:
I use Dingling Electric Trimmer.
This is completely cordless and it gives 2-3 shaves when completely charged.
It's light weight and easy to carry and use anywhere and anytime.
1273large.jpg

This trimmer is a china made and costs less than 300/-.
the first one gave me almost 50 shaves and suddenly stopped working when i got angry(of something) threw it.
now i got a new one and hope will work fine until i break it.:p
But bear in mind trimmer will never give a cleaner shave.
It cut to the maximum extent.
I never like clean shave,i look good with little grown beard.
and also i get itching sensation when i shave.
you can get a good one for 3k.if you want to go for branded one i suggest Philips or Panasonic.

see the below image to see the maximum level my trimmer can cut.

hrithik20roshan20pictur.jpg

Only the trimming is guaranteed not Hrithik. lol

Yeah I had one too, it broke down after 5-6 times. Now getting a philips one. I will be using to clean off my head hair as well, so need something a bit more heavy duty. Only problem is I haven't found a place selling it yet. None of the eZones have it here.

Thx for the advice guys. I dont mind having little hair, just like in the photo of hrithik.

Any good trimmer out there. I prefer rechargable and should last long enough. Will certainly check out some panasonic or philps. Any other good trimmers which i can get via KMD route??

DingLing? you gotta be kidding me..

Look at what its description by the seller on ebay

Detailed Product Description

The DINGLING Hair & Beard trimmer has been developed using the latest technical stuff.
Thoroughly tested model

No thanks. I sure dont want my face cut by an el cheapo chinese DINGLING "developed using the latest technical stuff"!

Vince said:
DingLing? you gotta be kidding me..

Look at what its description by the seller on ebay

Detailed Product Description

No thanks. I sure dont want my face cut by an el cheapo chinese DINGLING "developed using the latest technical stuff"!

I am especially scared of the chinese models which need to be connected to the mains. How can someone risk their lifes?

Back