Laptops Does Dell have International warranty?

DarkAngel

Skilled
I was planning to get a new lappy from US as there is a limited offer sale from Dell.
Limited Quantity Sale | Dell

I am planning to get the $550 Inspiron 1564 as the specs are too good for the price.

I am aware that we can change a dell laptops' region from North Ameria to India(Asia) but will the 1 year limited H/W warranty remain intact after that? Can we avail that warranty here in India or will the change of region void warranty.

My decision to get the lappy from US depends on the warranty. Do other companies like HP, Lenovo, Acer, Sony, MSI or Toshiba have a international warranty policy where they honour the warranty of laptops bought in US in India?

Yes they do have international warranty.Once the laptop is here call Dell care and do a service tag transfer from US to India.

HP i doubt they have it,there was thread some where here saying HP is declining warranty for Laptops brought outside India.Acer ,Sony,Toshiba have it .

IINW you need to intimate the customer service about the change of country (with the service tag i.e.) and they'd do the needful. I vaguely remember someone in the forum actually did that and had the warranty transferred to India from the US.

Dell said:
Dell International Services Program

The Dell International Service Program provides service and support for your Dell laptop computer while you are with it outside of the country in which it was originally purchased3.

Coverage is available for Dell laptops when you purchase one year or more of Next Business Day (NBD) On-Site Service2. With this service, if you travel outside your home country and experience a problem with your computer, you can request international service in the countries where international service is available.

Dell - Hardware Warranty Support | Dell

And yeah Acer does have International Warranty AFAIK.

Ok Guys. My cousin already has a dell laptop which he got from US last decmeber. I guess he hasnt transferred the service tag yet. First will call the Dell CC and ask them the procedure for that laptop and keep u guys posted :)

Between any experiences of transferring dell laptops that had 1 year NBD limited H/W warranty to India. Coz i remember reading in some thread that only if we have 3 yrs NBD limited H/W warranty or 3 yrs CC then only the laptops warranty is valid after change of country and if its 1 year warranty will get void if change of country is done :S Thats why i got confused.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sunny27 said:
msi and asus have 2 yrs international warranty.
Most MSI and Asus laptops listed in Amazon, Newegg and Bestbuy says the warranty is only one year :( Plus Bestbuy and newegg doesnt state whether the warranty is international.

Dell has Intl. warranty. After you get the Lappy you can either have its tag in USA or transfer it to India. Both will be the same. Transfer can be done by send an email which they'll process within a couple of days.

When it comes to warranty there is nothing like Dell. Try to get a Complete Cover Warranty.

^^^ but if you plan to use it in India the complete cover from US will be useless. I have myself got the warranty transferred on my name from the previous owner in UK. Tag transfer to India region is possible. Only the warranty can be transferred and not the complete care (as it is essentially an insurance with region limitations). Also you can avail the warranty anywhere in the world irrespective of whether it belongs to the same region or not.

asus has a clear international warranty afaik units bought from bestbuy have no IW and US accidental damage . acer has international TRAVELLERS warranty . it has clauses attached and requires that you dont have a temp. residence in the place you are claiming the warranty ( how are they gonna verify that??) .

Asus laptops bought from newegg dont have international warranty. I got to know this through conversation with their cc via mail. So looks like different retailers have different terms for warranty.

Hence please confirm with the source whether warranty is international or not.

Dell Doesn`t carry International warranty.My friend got 2 laptops-One dell for Himself and One Hp for me...

We went to check at dell And Hp centre to check for warranty status since Customer Support was not able to tell about complete Terms and Condition of warrnty.

The dell representative at the service sentre In Delhi Told whatsoever you do (transfer of Ownership) the Dell Laptop Carries 1 Year Limited Warranty And its not applicable iN iNdia.

However,When We went to hp they told that My laptop has 1 year Global Warranty........!!!!!!!

m.khurana said:
Dell Doesn`t carry International warranty.My friend got 2 laptops-One dell for Himself and One Hp for me...

We went to check at dell And Hp centre to check for warranty status since Customer Support was not able to tell about complete Terms and Condition of warrnty.

The dell representative at the service sentre In Delhi Told whatsoever you do (transfer of Ownership) the Dell Laptop Carries 1 Year Limited Warranty And its not applicable iN iNdia.

However,When We went to hp they told that My laptop has 1 year Global Warranty........!!!!!!!
Now i am confused :S Sigh.

m.khurana said:

^^^ Dell centre??? Are you serious. They never had service centres in the past nor do they have them now. Either its collect and return type warranty or on site warranty. I don't know where you got this information.

On the other hand if you are talking about dell resellers then they DONT provide service.

Try checking the 7 character "Service tag" on the bottom of the laptop on dell website. Mind you the warranty check are region specific so you may not be able to check warranty of a laptop with service tag in US on Dell India website and vice versa.

Infact if you go searching on TE then it is HP who is not entertaining warranty...

Dell does have international warranty. I know of laptops in my office that were bough in UK but were serviced in India on the same warranty. You just need to transfer it to an Indian address as the others point out.

many top vendors in India refusing international warranty on recent times,,,in spite many repeated calls these vendors never gives out a clear statement !!!! many customers lost money!!!!

Just log in to Support.dell.com . Go to ownership part and select the international ownership transfer . Change the country to India and it all would be done in less than 15 days . U dont even have to call in Tech support or customer care for that matter .

motorheadinc said:
^^^ Dell centre??? Are you serious. They never had service centres in the past nor do they have them now. Either its collect and return type warranty or on site warranty. I don't know where you got this information.
On the other hand if you are talking about dell resellers then they DONT provide service.

Try checking the 7 character "Service tag" on the bottom of the laptop on dell website. Mind you the warranty check are region specific so you may not be able to check warranty of a laptop with service tag in US on Dell India website and vice versa.

Infact if you go searching on TE then it is HP who is not entertaining warranty...
I can give you both Dell`s service tag and Hp serial Number...
You Can Check both of them on the site Which one holds warranty.....

Back