Laptops Does Dell have International warranty?

As many people in the forum rightly said that you can transfer the warranty, i agree with them.

I just joined Dell a week back as US Tech support and we have been told that if a person buys a laptop in USA or in any country for that matter, he can transfer the warranty..

For the procedure, i can only let you know in a few days.

But i guess, there is a form you need to fill online.

yea..go onto support.dell.com...

if you are moving in asia pacific region, you dont even have to fill up the form..

if to usa or uk etc, you might have to fill up a form..

dell has international warranty, and i have used it.

HP on the other hand have worst Warranty services.

This is coming from not just one experience but 5-6.

Don't buy HP at any cost

Laptops purchased anywhere globally, with NBD (next business day) warranty is covered in india after the ownership transfer on support.ap.dell.com, if you have "return to depot" or "carry in warranty", it shall not be honoured in india as one is not entitled to engineer in short is as good as out of warranty and will have to purchase NBD warranty in india, in india only "NBD(next business day), INCC(Indian complete cover), Prosupp (Prosupport) are covered and rest are as good as out of warranty

All Dell laptops be it any warranty is transferrable across the world. You need to transfer the service tag and dats it. You can even call CC and confirm this in India. I had called CC a few days back.

HP laptops do not have international warrantyunless u take the travellers warranty which is very costly and its not worth it. Also u cannot buy a extended warranty for laptops out of warranty for any of the companies.

Acer has only one year international warranty on the platinum cover for travellers, not more.

As per Sony's warranty policy, the warranty of laptops purchased in UK is international but is applicable to EU only. So, i guess it would be something similar for US as well. Hence waaranty would be void in India for Sony laptops. And they also do not have any extended warraty packs for worldwide warranty.

I think ur best bet is the Dell if you are getting from the US.

hey sorry to bring up old thread, but I have the very same query. I am buying a Dell XPS 15 ,from US, Dallas, Texas. As per I read above I just have to transfer ownership region from USA to India.

Now I was going to Buy the 1 year advanced service plan. But will the advanced service plan be void. Please advise.

Basic (In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis)
1 Year Basic Service Plan [Included in Price]
2 Year Basic Service Plan [Add $120.00 or $4.00/month1]
3 Year Basic Service Plan [Add $210.00 or $7.00/month1]
4 Year Basic Service Plan [Add $290.00 or $9.00/month1]
Advanced (In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis)
1 Year Advanced Service Plan [Add $69.00 or $3.00/month1]
2 Year Advanced Service Plan [Add $200.00 or $6.00/month1]
3 Year Advanced Service Plan [Add $310.00 or $10.00/month1]
4 Year Advanced Service Plan [Add $410.00 or $13.00/month1]

^^^ you want to buy it from here ? which model mate ?they have international warranty..you must pay some extra amount for the same .

ryanrulez4ever said:
Laptops purchased anywhere globally, with NBD (next business day) warranty is covered in india after the ownership transfer on support.ap.dell.com, if you have "return to depot" or "carry in warranty", it shall not be honoured in india as one is not entitled to engineer in short is as good as out of warranty and will have to purchase NBD warranty in india, in india only "NBD(next business day), INCC(Indian complete cover), Prosupp (Prosupport) are covered and rest are as good as out of warranty
+1 to the above. Return to depot facility is not available in India. Only NBD is international warranty.

You are going to pay a huge custom & international shipping charges on this. Wait for this to be released in India, hopefully on 29th March.

^^i will not get it shipped to india ,,someone will carry it to india for me..forgot to mention this in earlier post ..any ideas

Usually, if they dont mention that it has international warranty, then its not applicable. However, there might be an option to opt for international warranty.

Sony Vaio's usually come with international warranty by default.

bumping this thread again...

i bought a dell laptop from dell usa site and is yet to be delivered. i wanted to know if the warranty i bought is NBD one.

i bought 2 Year Basic Service Plan that came default with the laptop

it mentions in home service in 2-3 days business day..is this the NBD people keep talking about or i had to buy some separate warranty.

the laptop is scheduled to be delivered on 17th this month any insight please..

Hi, it entirely depends on the warranty which you are buying from US. there are two kinds of dell warranty in US. Mail in service( RR) and In home service. you will get the International warranty only if you buy the in home service from US.

Back