Do you think Modi can bring change if given chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If modi comes in power, one thing for sure there will be Hindu-Muslim riots....
either from Modi or opposition party...
In both cases local people will suffer...
What would stop them from creating riots if Modi does not come in power? ? ?

how many riots have happened after 2002 in gujrat?
how many riots have happened after 2002 where bjp was not in question (assam, mah, and many other states)?

how many riots have happened after 2002 in gujrat?
how many riots have happened after 2002 where bjp was not in question (assam, mah, and many other states)?
Many small-scale ones; check out 2006 Vadodara riots.

Moreover, the riots are not done just for the sake of riots. When sponsored by the state, it's a political tactic to make the minorities submit to the majority, or create vote banks. Today, in Gujarat, there are many ghettos created where only Muslims live, whether they are affluent or not. If they want to rent an apartment elsewhere, or open a place for business, then no one would allow them to. This is what Modi has created: a divide between the communities to fulfil his vote bank. Keep them separated and let the hate breed.

Of course, non-BJP parties do the same too, but only selectively. Whereas BJP does it with their chest-thumping, and they are proud of it. After all, they thrive on the promise of creating a Hindu Rashtra.

Also, you didn't explain the rape allegation you made against Arundhati Roy yet. What made you say that?

In that case, if Nitish Kumar becomes the PM then entire INDIA will become BIHAR ???

Whereas on the other hand, NITISH is much much better administrator then NAMO, I think it will be NON KANGRESS, NON BJP government which will come into power & with right to reject on the voting machine, its much likely to happen, lets see, not very long to go now.

Moreover, the riots are not done just for the sake of riots. When sponsored by the state, it's a political tactic to make the minorities submit to the majority, or create vote banks. Today, in Gujarat, there are many ghettos created where only Muslims live, whether they are affluent or not. If they want to rent an apartment elsewhere, or open a place for business, then no one would allow them to. This is what Modi has created: a divide between the communities to fulfil his vote bank. Keep them separated and let the hate breed.
8 out of 12 muslim dominated constituencies voted for Modi in the last gujarat state elections. They know which side their bread is buttered.

Of course, non-BJP parties do the same too, but only selectively. Whereas BJP does it with their chest-thumping, and they are proud of it. After all, they thrive on the promise of creating a Hindu Rashtra.
Saw very little of this when BJP were ruling my state. It's more the fringe outfits that push for it. Fringe meaning not enough supporters so have to do something crazy to get attention for the cause. Co-opt the liberal media into giving them free publicity by sparking some outrage. Makes them out to be larger than life. BJP are relatively new to the communal game.

Its just business as usual, nothing more.

8 out of 12 muslim dominated constituencies voted for Modi in the last gujarat state elections. They know which side their bread is buttered.
That's a totally false assessment. At the end of the day, people just want to get the services necessary for daily lives, and Modi has forced them to make a limited choice as a community by delimitation; look into Gerrymandering. Major parts of Gujarat are already a fascist-like state with clear margins drawn, except the Indian constitution forces the state government to give everyone an equal right.

The Indian constitution, even with its many flaws, is still one of the strongest reasons why India is not like Pakistan, or even anywhere close to Pakistan, today. A state running with a religious agenda is a disaster waiting to happen.
Saw very little of this when BJP were ruling my state. It's more the fringe outfits that push for it. Fringe meaning not enough supporters so have to do something crazy to get attention for the cause. Co-opt the liberal media into giving them free publicity by sparking some outrage. Makes them out to be larger than life. BJP are relatively new to the communal game.

Its just business as usual, nothing more.
Forgetting the parent organization of BJP: Sangh Parivar / RSS? They are the biggest goons in the country, but rightly hide the parent organizations, and also their national party, the BJP. If you look into most of those fringe organizations, then you will see some link to the sangh. Otherwise, it is most probably Congress, or whatever the ruling party in the state is. Rarely is it due to some random organization with no agenda.

Last edited:
I am not quoting anybody, but you should know the objectives of RSS, Why it was created, Why do they follow Adolf Hitler etc etc....

Modi is super-hyped due to the tremendous progress in Gujarat but we should know that Gujarat state has natural specific advantages, like Geological, Oceanic, Natural Gas and Oil Reserves, arable land/cattles etc etc.

Moreover progress is not a 5 year govt. cycle........it happens over the time.
Past investment in infrastructure, agriculture, industries like cotton mills, orld's biggest Diamond cutting industry, Operation Flood(Milk and Milk products) etc are now started giving its result, then why all the appreciation Modi is taking away.

Its like Railways was in profit when Lalu became Railway Minister, he has done nothing to make it profitable, but railway earlier has suffered tremendous loss in past 50 years.....all the steps taken in that past are now started giving results. He then only did few things listening to hype.

Same is going with Modi !!

That's a totally false assessment. At the end of the day, people just want to get the services necessary for daily lives, and Modi has forced them to make a limited choice as a community by delimitation. Major parts of Gujarat are already a fascist-like state with clear margins drawn, except the Indian constitution forces them to give everyone an equal right.
Absolutely Right, thats what Adolf Hitler has done with Jews.......RSS is doing the same since they follow them.

Secularism in Gujarat, forget about that. May be it existed in pre-riots era(before 2002).

That's a totally false assessment. At the end of the day, people just want to get the services necessary for daily lives, and Modi has forced them to make a limited choice as a community by delimitation. Major parts of Gujarat are already a fascist-like state with clear margins drawn, except the Indian constitution forces them to give everyone an equal right.
Minorities in Goa voted for the BJP in their last elections.

The indian constitution is what protects us regardless of what political parties do or others say they do. Nobody is above the constitution :)

We are a constitutional democracy, so chances of democratic tyranny or mobocracy is low.

Forgetting the parent organization of BJP: Sangh Parivar / RSS? They are the biggest goons in the country, but rightly hide the parent organizations, and also their national party, the BJP. If you look into most of those fringe organizations, then you will see some link to the sangh. Otherwise, it is most probably Congress, or whatever the ruling party in the state is. Rarely is it due to some random organization with no agenda.
All of this is true but what i'm getting at is this notion of hindu rashtra is a myth. There never was such an entity. The Brits worked for nearly a hundred years just to create a legal/political entity known as India. To create a hindu rashtra will take massive ethnic cleansing. We need to turn India into a Lebanon or Yugoslavia. We have not demonstrated such an appetite to do so in the last hundred years or even earlier. The worst crisis this country ever faced was partition.

People aspiring to hindu rashtra are deluded as the feasibilty of achieving such is close to nil. So what to be afraid of ?

Last edited:
And the indian constitution is what protects us regardless of what they do or others say they do.

Nobody is above the constitution :)

We are a constitutional democracy, so chances of democratic tyranny or mobocracy is low.
As long as those who aspire otherwise aren't pushed to the national stage, just to settle temporary setbacks or anti-ruling party sentiment.
All of this is true but what i'm getting at is this notion of hindu rashtra is a myth. There never was such an entity. To create a hindu rashtra will take massive ethnic cleansing. We need to turn India into a Lebanon or Yugoslavia. People aspiring to hindu rashtra are deluded.
And those are the RSS workers, who form the major force of the entire BJP. RSS doesn't even recognize the Indian flag, because they want India to have only one color in its flag: saffron, representing Hindu Rashtra. It's doesn't require much ethnic cleansing to create a fascist state; just force the minorities to move into fringe territories, take away some of their citizenship rights, and whoever challenges this position, use state machinery to silence them. Of course, it is going to be a very unstable state, but one which will be wholly controlled by a single party with a single agenda.

Last edited:
As long as those who aspire otherwise aren't pushed to the national stage, just to settle temporary setbacks or anti-ruling party sentiment.
If they get pushed to the national stage their power gets diluted further. This is why i tell people not to expect the world if ever Modi becomes PM. What passes for gospel in Nasik does not take in other parts of the country. It got nowhere in my state. The attractivenes of such ideas is limited and very susceptible to being overpowered by local power equations.

And those are the RSS workers, who form the major force of the entire BJP. RSS doesn't even recognize the Indian flag, because they want India to have only one color in its flag: saffron, representing Hindu Rashtra. It's doesn't require much ethnic cleansing to create a fascist state; just force the minorities to move into fringe territories, take away some of their citizenship rights, and whoever challenges this position, use state machinery to silence them. Of course, it is going to be a very unstable state, but one which will be wholly controlled by a single party with a single agenda.
There's a lot of conditions and hoops to jump through before we get anywhere near something that resembles this notion of hindu rashtra. Basically, have to overturn rule of law. The biggest obstacle is diversity. BJP & Congress are irrelevant in 250 out 543 parliamentary constituencies.

Its the era of regional parties now. The surge of the 90s is over and i doubt it can return again. Its just too competitive out there now. what do parties stand FOR nowadays. Instead they content themselves to stand AGAINST something. There is less chance to get a critical mass for any ideology in such an environment. Hype does not help.

Last edited:
If they get pushed to the national stage their power gets diluted further.
How? It's easier to hide one's tracks then. Example: Rajiv Gandhi, and other Congress party members post-1984. No wonder he is pushing for the big stage. It's either that, or go away (maybe jail; poor Lalu, the perfect example).

There is resurgence of Hindu nationalism in India. Just look at the number of Modi suppoters, and their fascist behaviour when defending their tentative supreme leader.

Their notion of Hindu Rashtra is hard to achieve, and almost impossible like you've said. But creating ghettos, marginalizing anyone who doesn't fit their agenda, using their power for limiting rights selectively; all these are very much possible, and they are already happening.

Well, I will either vote BJP or for nobody. No way am I going to vote the congress back to power. Not with the way that they have used the law, CBI and every other possible agency or method to enrich themselves, at the cost of the common tax paying man.

The total failure as a country that we are facing today has been engineered by the Congress and friends over the last 65 years, barring a few years in between.

I say, we have had the congress for long enough and they have not managed to do anything, but instead made things worse. Lets give Modi a chance to prove himself.

I say, we have had the congress for long enough and they have not managed to do anything, but instead made things worse. Lets give Modi a chance to prove himself.
Dude y not give a chance to AAP this time instead of choosing from Bad1 and Bad2(or even Bad3 or Bad4) ???

6xg2.jpg

At-least they have candidates with no criminal records...

How? It's easier to hide one's tracks then. Example: Rajiv Gandhi, and other Congress party members post-1984. No wonder he is pushing for the big stage. It's either that, or go away (maybe jail; poor Lalu, the perfect example).
Only have influence in BJP states. So what difference does it make. What i mean by diluting is Modi is unchallenged in Gujarat, he can get his way there a great deal easier than in other parts of the country. People see how he moves there and expect the same on a national level. This then leads to hopes & fears. But both supporters & detractors are already giving him more credit than he can realistically achieve.

Modi won't go away, he's the BJP's best hope for now. If not this election then the next.

There is resurgence of Hindu nationalism in India. Just look at the number of Modi suppoters, and their fascist behaviour when defending their tentative supreme leader.
Fanboys with their pretend shows of force.

Their notion of Hindu Rashtra is hard to achieve, and almost impossible like you've said. But creating ghettos, marginalizing anyone who doesn't fit their agenda, using their power for limiting rights selectively; all these are very much possible, and they are already happening.
I'm not familiar with the extent of this in Gujurat. But in my state i did not notice much difference. In fact they could not get their act together because they were too busy fighting amongst their own party.

In my state only two castes matter, vokkaligas & lingayats. If you don't come from either of them then you're a minority. Diktats from Nasik were not able to change the equations in my state. The BJP had to fit in somehow and could not. The same story gets repeated in many states.

Last edited:
Whatever he is, at the least Modi has been a "doer" not a "follower"/door-mat. We need that type of person to be in power.

Something strange i've noticed is, not many people have ever been fanatical about any other leader in the recent past.
But this is the first time i've seen the youth (at least on social media) blindly following someone parroting whatever they read from selective articles.

I'm cool with my friends saying XYZ is a good choice for PM. But for people to act as if XYZ is the saviour of the country, is just a little too hard for me to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back