Diablo III - Discussion Thread

Re: DIABLO 3 Announced

Graphics, I dont why you guys are saying is outdated, I have that 45 min game footage video, and the spell effects are breath taking.... And the 3D engine seems polished enough

It looks good enough. I dislike heavy use of shiney shaders on every single surface anyway. Makes the play area too confusing to look at.
The spell effects are satisfying to look at.

I compared it to TQ since it's the same genre and has really impressive graphics whilst not being a total resource hog.
A must play for every Diablo 2 fan who is waiting for Diablo 3.

I dont care about the graphics, I still love Diablo 1 and 2. I am dying for this to come out, I dont know how many hours I spent playing this. I really enjoyed it. The only game that has me so hooked these days is FO3

Diablo 1 = eXcellent
Diablo 2 = good
Diablo 3 = ?

Letz hope it does not get monotonous after a certain point. any news on the release date as well ? its been like almost a year since it was announced.

Also, I heard Diablo 3 will not even make use of DX 10 :(

Also, I heard Diablo 3 will not even make use of DX 10

Blizzard made a deal with AMD for using DX10.1 for their newest games. So it could be Diablo 3 is one of them. But I don't think one should jump to comclusions.

eXcesscaLIBER said:
Diablo 1 = eXcellent

Diablo 2 = good

Diablo 3 = ?

Letz hope it does not get monotonous after a certain point. any news on the release date as well ? its been like almost a year since it was announced.

Also, I heard Diablo 3 will not even make use of DX 10 :(

Blizzard concentrates more on game play rather than graphics. They target the elite gamers. D2 was mediocre on graphics. Still even after so many years you can still find 75+ thousand players playing D2 on Battle.net.

The game is monotonous in terms of MFing. That's common in all MMORPGS. So it should be same in D3. Though the game would be much more vast than D2.

PvP is still fun. Ever tried the hybrid classes like Wolfbarb or wwsin?..

And above all its going to be BATTLE.NET Version2. Blizzard is saying that it would be hack/cheat free. Lets see how the hackers respond to this. :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Lol, I still play D2 on my netbook once in a while! I've been like stop 4/6 months, play, stop...Waiting since forever for D3!

ah, one of my all time favourites.

never played the game online but the single player mode was addictive as hell.

just hope this comes out soon, cant wait to hack and slash

Diablo 3 Update: The Fallen Return.

New Diablo 3 media released today brings about the return of the Fallen, the lowly red devils from previous Diablo titles. Three new screen shots and a video showing the red devil like “fallen†from the first two Diablo games.

These small cowardly demonic imps are common in the world and come in several varieties varieties. Imps, Shamans, Lunatics and Overseers. The Lunatics are the bloated oversized fallen and Overseers can usually been seen driving their smaller brethren into battle with leaping and frenzied growling. Sometimes they’ll use slobbering hounds as guard creatures.
[youtube]
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FuE-apLwH4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FuE-apLwH4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
[/youtube]

d51cw.jpg

kx9we.jpg

dgjed.jpg

New Diablo 3 Media - The Fallen | Gossip Gamers

Re: Diablo 3 Update: The Fallen Return.

I hope they improve the graphics... this looks like a notebook onboard can handle it... Always a pleasure spending nights after nights in diablo :D

I dont think it will be launched before Dec 2010. So another year of waiting atleast.

I still would have gone for the pre-order had it come directly from Blizz.

crap..why they are taking so much time... they should release it with current characters and later they can add more as expansion like D2 :)

Back