OC & Modding DeskPC Build

I came here to tell you to consider making your desk a sit-stand desk. but it seems you've already started working on it :(

So since today is a holiday and my carpenter has not come yet. I was in planning mode for the Hard drive installation / mounting.

after watching a video on youtube i got an idea of using a modular shelf bracket for hard drives. i've seen the bracket is available in my local hardware store.

MODULAR_SHELF003.jpg

Mounting hard drive to this would be simple & would just require coloring these parts to black if i cannot source black brackets

Source:

Eid Mubarak to all you guys..

Update: Since today was a holiday i had given a few days off to my carpenter to have a test fit of all parts.
A0IlauU.jpg

Image Gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/SBEwp

I need help, Need to find extension cables for my PC...
http://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-b-series-dpp-cable-kit-black-red/

CM-BDX-FKIT-KKR-R-1-800x800.jpg

• 1 x 24 Pin ATX Extension Cable (300mm)
  • 1 x 4+4 Pin EPS Cable (700mm)
  • 1 x 8 pin / 4+4 pin EPS Cable (700mm)
  • 4 x Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable (600mm)
  • 1 x Quad SATA Power Cable (850mm)
  • 1 x Quad SATA Power Cable (700mm)
  • 1 x Dual SATA Power Cable (500mm)
  • 1 x Triple 4-Pin Molex Cable (750mm)
  • 1 x Dual 4-Pin Molex Cable (500mm)
  • 1 x Molex to Floppy Adapter (100mm)
This cable kit would be perfect and is almost exactly what sizes i need but the total comes to approx 7.5K Shipped I would like to know if there is a simpler option or a quicker option available here in India. Does anyone do these kind of sleeving here & has a good review

Eid Mubarak to all you guys..

Update: Since today was a holiday i had given a few days off to my carpenter to have a test fit of all parts.
A0IlauU.jpg

Image Gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/SBEwp

I need help, Need to find extension cables for my PC...
http://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-b-series-dpp-cable-kit-black-red/

CM-BDX-FKIT-KKR-R-1-800x800.jpg

• 1 x 24 Pin ATX Extension Cable (300mm)
  • 1 x 4+4 Pin EPS Cable (700mm)
  • 1 x 8 pin / 4+4 pin EPS Cable (700mm)
  • 4 x Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable (600mm)
  • 1 x Quad SATA Power Cable (850mm)
  • 1 x Quad SATA Power Cable (700mm)
  • 1 x Dual SATA Power Cable (500mm)
  • 1 x Triple 4-Pin Molex Cable (750mm)
  • 1 x Dual 4-Pin Molex Cable (500mm)
  • 1 x Molex to Floppy Adapter (100mm)
This cable kit would be perfect and is almost exactly what sizes i need but the total comes to approx 7.5K Shipped I would like to know if there is a simpler option or a quicker option available here in India. Does anyone do these kind of sleeving here & has a good review

i can help you with the sleeve cables.you can contact tweakedpc.i don't know i am allowed to post link of my page here or not.

Yes i've already see it like 3 times now :p

i've also contacted linus on twitter asking him to help me source those things which he mounted the MB standoffs on.
I am also sourcing those L brackets he used. other than that I just need those extension kits and i would be ready to assemble *fingerscrossed*

Yes i've already see it like 3 times now :p

i've also contacted linus on twitter asking him to help me source those things which he mounted the MB standoffs on.
I am also sourcing those L brackets he used. other than that I just need those extension kits and i would be ready to assemble *fingerscrossed*

Don't source from US.
Go to your local tool kit market with pics and details.
Might save your time and expenses.
Like in Pune we have a hardware market where all sort of hardwares are available.

Update:
I've tried in most hardware shops didn't find those studs to install motherboard standoffs
Contacted Linus from LinusTechTips on twitter to find out what its called but no luck as he didn't respond. So i am stuck as to what i can do. Would installing motherboard standoffs directly onto the wooden plate work?

Lots of progress has been made & its almost final now. here are some pictures. (some were posted on TE Whatsapp Group)
Assembly is still pending which i will do after the room is painted.

Got a 280mm Fan Grill made in acrylic from my friend. metal ones were not free :p

Marking fans & Motherboard Layouts

Fitting to check for play / opening / closing of lid

Got the Grill made on a 6mm Acrylic marked the frame on the side & bottom of the table and made it to fit flush with the side.

Some Final Touches...

If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask

Out of curiosity what wood are you using? wait ply? o_O is it because they are light?
Umm Why dont you just buy a computer table?:rolleyes:
Because they usually suck! Poor build, low quality wood, not durable etc. And the really good ones cost an arm, an eye and a kidney!
I once checked the market for a long time just to see if there actually were any good pre-made tables. Honestly custom-made tables are the best*.
*of course the design is upto you.

Out of curiosity what wood are you using? wait ply? o_O is it because they are light?

Because they usually suck! Poor build, low quality wood, not durable etc. And the really good ones cost an arm, an eye and a kidney!
I once checked the market for a long time just to see if there actually were any good pre-made tables. Honestly custom-made tables are the best*.
*of course the design is upto you.

@iPwnz
Yes commercial ply a regular ply of 19mm. usually ply is used instead of wood yes because its light, and you don't have to have a carving machine to make something out of wood plus and its easy to get the shape. Wood blocks are rarely used unless its for feet of a bed or some thing like that

@Ray
Computer Tables that are sold everywhere are build out of MDF which sucks because its just compressed wood dust. there is no longevity to the product. plus something like this isn't available in India. A regular table would not work for me because i didn't want my computer cabinet outside due to space restrictions.

Update: had to wait to get everything painted in the room. the table is almost complete, I will start posting pics when i start assembling soon, i think in this week itself. I had ordered a power button from MP3car.com which has arrived but a usb front panel from silverstone via amazon.com didn't arrive at all after 20 days of wait so i had to cancel that order. now i will have to get the "nzxt aperture m" to install for usb ports at the front as i cannot keep lifiting the lid up everytime i want to connect a usb drive :p there are no other usb hubs / ports that are available for the front panel and even though the card reader etc that the aperture m has is useless to me it is the only option i have right now unless anyone else know something similar. which has proper usb 3.0 speeds and audio ports available here in india

aperture-m-case-panel-device-mounted-black-front-1.jpg

Another question, from where did you get that wardrobe picture in the first page? Its really beautiful. I also wish that i had the carpentry skills. Would build things day and night.

Another question, from where did you get that wardrobe picture in the first page? Its really beautiful. I also wish that i had the carpentry skills. Would build things day and night.

Internet :cool:

I don't have any carpentry skills either o_O i hired a carpenter.

My bedroom is almost ready, will be starting to move stuff in my room soon then start disassembling my pc & assembling it in the table.

I was planing on getting usb hubs n what not for usb just decided to use USB Extension cables from amazon instead.

http://trendyyaddons.in/wardrobe.php

you don't need much skills to build such functional furniture with sheet material. working with real wood is a different ballgame altogether.

@aasimenator nice work with sketch-up, esp how you utilized the corner space and made clearance for the blinds.

Back