Laptops Dell Studio 15

warlord15 said:
Hi guys,

I've been talking to dell's CC guys and they have offered me this config for almost 48K bucks (after 5% corp disc.) - Intel C2D P8600 (2.4 GHz), 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 6-cell battery + Belkin backpack. do u think this deal is good vfm??

It is in fact very good VFM IMO...:eek:hyeah: 48k is final price or without tax and duties?

Raider123 said:
It is in fact very good VFM IMO...:eek:hyeah: 48k is final price or without tax and duties?

thnx raider..it's the final price i guess...in that case u say its good VFM huh??

btw has anyone recently bought studio 15 without the OS?? i wud prefer it without the crappy vista and other crapware..anyway i'm planning to run it on XP which i already own...so can i get any discount if i go without the OS?? if so how much?? but they seem to be pretty adamant about shipping the laptop with the OS..:huh:...guys could you post some quick suggestions here as i'm planning to order this laptop soon??

warlord15 said:
thnx raider..it's the final price i guess...in that case u say its good VFM huh??

btw has anyone recently bought studio 15 without the OS?? i wud prefer it without the crappy vista and other crapware..anyway i'm planning to run it on XP which i already own...so can i get any discount if i go without the OS?? if so how much?? but they seem to be pretty adamant about shipping the laptop with the OS..:huh:...guys could you post some quick suggestions here as i'm planning to order this laptop soon??

Yesterday I called Dell people and asked the same to them. They will ship it with OS only:mad:. But once windows 7 gets released you can update to that.

Or else you can get the lappy from local resellers without OS, but pricing will not be this much good.

I got a Dell Studio 1555 on 25th August and the screen is flickering from the start. I asked for replacement but they are taking a lot of time. Jesal ,you got it replaced in a week you say? That is really fast. I stay near chennai(6 hours ),yet,no follow-up even.I am thinking of asking for refund if they don reply by monday. And guys,you got any compensation?The ones whose laptops were replaced?

I just want 2 years warranty and full HD display :) .. that would do. The full HD thing was a major mistake. I got 7K discount and still did not think of upgrading. I read here in TE only that almost 20 -25 people had this flickering. Can some of them say what happened at last? They got monitor replaced or laptop or none of these ?

crazyaboutliv said:
I just want 2 years warranty and full HD display :) .. that would do. The full HD thing was a major mistake. I got 7K discount and still did not think of upgrading. I read here in TE only that almost 20 -25 people had this flickering. Can some of them say what happened at last? They got monitor replaced or laptop or none of these ?
hey how did you get to manage a discount of 7K?? i'm planning to get dell studio 15 with 900p display...are there any similar problems with those screens as well??

Sorry for the late reply . My bro used to work in Dell and so one of the guys who used to work under him agreed to take on his name and the girl who he mentored is Dell Sales head for India. So,it kind of worked out only till I got the laptop which is screwd up. The only good thing about the damn thing is that it shuts down when made to. Nothing else is right about it.

There are problems with all screens in the new studio series. As delguy19 rightly pointed out,avoid the new studio and xps series if u have a choice. Or upgrade inspiron and use it. I do not know about the studio 14 but I do not expect any better(Just my opinion). Only good thing is Customer care(not tech support,that sucks as well).

Well guys i have nothing personal to to with dell but everyone have bad days so dell's bad days just started with studio 15 and xps. and by the way i really wana remind all they are first who came up with 15.6 hd as far as i remember. they launched it with studio 1555. and inside news are from ati and samsung that they stopped testing in middle and forced ati to give them gfx chips so that they can launched laptop soon. so they have not done any homework before launching this and whole lot gone bad when they were in process of testing studio 1555 and they have to develop new bios to get rid of blue screens. well guys thats thats the reason for so much mess. Go ahead and find out you will be damm surprized to find out that they launched studio and first one to do with 15.6 hd one and also first laptop with ati 4570. and after many months asus launched one with ari 4570 and none after that. if this card and thing are so good why damm no other companies ever launched any further series of laptop with 4570 ???? check the answer you will find out one.

Back