Laptops Dell Studio 15

jesal

Adept
Dec 12, 2006
how can i get full refund back ? the problem is that i have taken a 5% corporate discount giving someones reference. i dont even know that guy at all. so ill be stuck if the cheque comes in his name big time... the dell rep itself helped me get a reference for the discount.

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
Just tell them you want compensation as you ordered the laptop for immediate work for which you had to borrow someone else's laptop because of them..

jesal

Adept
Dec 12, 2006
ok guys i need some advise here, i am planning to call dell tomo. and ask for my refund. as i mentioned earlier the laptop was bought on a 5% corporate discount, i took that offer even though i did not know the person whose name the laptop i bought. i want to know if they will now refund the money in my name or the name i took refund in ? its like first his name comes in and then my name comes in. i paid using my CC though... kindly let me know how to get the money back i am tired now.

delguy19

Skilled
Jun 19, 2006
it will be dd which will be sent at the address which u gave at time of order and cheque or dd whatever it will be on the name of the person which u dont remember. it wont be on ur name. and that dd or cheque needs to be deposit in that persons account

raghavsey

Disciple
Mar 24, 2009
I was checking our the Studio 15 laptops last week for myself,
and they quite good according to the specs they provide in a comparatively cheap price.

I have also heard that dell provides an onsite service, so if u have problem with your laptop etc.

i talked to the dell customer care and they said, i wont be charged the 4% tax etc

so my total amound was around 46,000Rs
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 ;)

jesal

Adept
Dec 12, 2006
yes i own the studio 1555 itself. good laptop with 8600 c2 proccy its fast good looking and does the job with HD screen. for 50k and under this is the best. dell has awesome replacement and service, now i like it and reckon people to get it as well if they are thinking of one.

gforce

Adept
Jan 23, 2009
jesal said:
yes i own the studio 1555 itself. good laptop with 8600 c2 proccy its fast good looking and does the job with HD screen. for 50k and under this is the best. dell has awesome replacement and service, now i like it and reckon people to get it as well if they are thinking of one.
What happened to your refund thingy? Did you get it or were you forced to settle for another studio 15?

jesal

Adept
Dec 12, 2006
gforce said:
What happened to your refund thingy? Did you get it or were you forced to settle for another studio 15?

i was thinking of getting refund. but then i was like might as well get the laptop. they replaced mine within a week and this one was flawless. so i got it.

zenflox

Disciple
Aug 30, 2008
@adi0107:

You can go directly to Dell's site and customize it there or you can go to Croma (Dell Experience Booth) and customize it with the help of the Dell reps there.

Just last week i went ahead and ordered a Dell Studio 15 from Croma, and the best part was that i wasn't charged tax. Only paid for delivery with a free Dell laser mouse :)

rohan30186

Adept
Jul 24, 2008
zenflox said:
@adi0107:
You can go directly to Dell's site and customize it there or you can go to Croma (Dell Experience Booth) and customize it with the help of the Dell reps there.
Just last week i went ahead and ordered a Dell Studio 15 from Croma, and the best part was that i wasn't charged tax. Only paid for delivery with a free Dell laser mouse :)

hey dell offers free laser mouse + creative EP630/830 OEM whichever is available with them when u order directly order from dell(thats wht my 4 friends got when they ordered directly from dell)...In short Croma stole ur EP630 :bleh::rofl::eek:hyeah:

warlord15

Disciple
Aug 24, 2009
Hi guys,

I've been talking to dell's CC guys and they have offered me this config for almost 48K bucks (after 5% corp disc.) - Intel C2D P8600 (2.4 GHz), 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, 512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 6-cell battery + Belkin backpack. do u think this deal is good vfm??