Health & Fitness COVID Vaccine Experience and your preference.

Which COVID Vaccine did you get or are planning to get

• Already Received Covishield

Votes: 86 66.7%
  • Already Received Covaxin

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Want to get Covishield

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Want to get Covaxin

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Sputnik V

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Want to get Pfizer,Moderna, other mRNA base Vaccines

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Already Received Pfizer , Moderna , other mRNA based vaccines

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Already Received Sputnik V

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Scared as hell to step out even for vaccine.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
More than 4.7 million people in India - nearly 10 times higher than official records suggest - are thought to have died because of Covid-19, according to a new World Health Organization (WHO) report. India's government has rejected the figure, saying the methodology is flawed.

So, there it goes.

Getting death certificate with Covid19 as cause of death mentioned was a struggle, personally realized this issue after death of someone near in family. May be mine is one anecdote, but there are many around everyone.

1671700312593.png

Just got an update from office, vaccination no longer a mandate to go to work.
Which company?
The truth is we can and could have countered covid very easily but only when 20-30% of population gets affected and govt. senses that situation can go haywire then only they block flights when its actually too late as these 20% infected are sufficient enough to wipe the rest 70%..

Glad govt. has started thinking well in advance this time.

Last edited:
Wanted to take covacine just fr those corporate shit policies but hardly any hospitals have it in stock and really fear what if they inject a very old or an expired injection..
IDK about your area, but in Dakshina Kannada district, the government hospitals provided covishield. I got my second dose from there, was actually a good and clean experience.

The low grade fever and fatigue post vaccine was another thing tho.

More than 4.7 million people in India - nearly 10 times higher than official records suggest - are thought to have died because of Covid-19, according to a new World Health Organization (WHO) report. India's government has rejected the figure, saying the methodology is flawed.
In the west with their pan health coverage, if you showed more covid deaths then you got more funding. So what did they do? Show more,

We don't have that here. So we adopted a strict distinction between by or with.

In the west, they were arguing covid causes multiple organ failure. So heart attack or whatever but covid positive counts as covid death but will not in India unless its lung related.

take your figure of 4.7 million, if it was that high you would have seen bodies on the street. Did you see many? Can't hide it. I couldn't see them in Wuhan and I was tracking what was going on there in Feb '20 pretty closely with bloggers in the city.
Yeah, disagree. They will never accept India did better than them with less resources.

If Taiwan's CDC was in charge of matters, instead of WHO the world would have been better off. But Taiwan's CDC was ignored. Why? because everyone knows Taiwan does not officially exist :rolleyes:
So, there it goes.

Getting death certificate with Covid19 as cause of death mentioned was a struggle, personally realized this issue after death of someone near in family. May be mine is one anecdote, but there are many around everyone.
If cause of death was not lung related then it won't count.

There was something else that I heard from a swiss immunologist who junked this asymptomatic business. Until then epidemiologists were in the spotlight. They were the rockstars.

This guy said the tests they did with 80s tech were unable to distinguish between viable or dead virus RNA in the blood. If any RNA was detected it was judged as infected. But if you do not have any symptoms then it's clear you defeated the virus and what was being detected was a dead virus. We lacked a way to distinguish so the infected cases shot up but the number of people actually getting very sick was not proportional. There are other things that gave us an edge over the west as well.

Demographics for one. 90% of India is under the age of 60. Also, we don't have anywhere near the number of old age homes they have there.
India, ME & Africa were getting slammed because of poor healthcare networks. Well in the ME & Africa 2/3 of the population is under the age of 30 so I think they did ok. This virus didn't target the young like a century back. It went after older people. Nobody bothered to point this out.

Much hotter here so people tend to be outdoors more than stuck indoors breathing the same air.

Compliance. Nobody questioned whether to wear masks or not. Most complied. No vaccine hesitancy either. Full confidence in the vaccine here. Unlike abroad.

And that is how countries less well off actually did better than the west :)

Last edited:
> If cause of death was not lung related then it won't count.

It was definitely lung related, person was discharged initially informing us their condition is okay and Covid19 -ve.
They were very uncomfortable, tested +ve again after 2 days, death happened on 3rd day.
Govt. medical college hospital was not ready to give death certificate with Covid19 as cause. We insisted and followed up for few weeks, then left it to them. Was same situation for bodies coming of that huge hospital during peak Covid19 infection time, found out after interacting with people there.

Every country got into trouble managing Covid19, we too were not that great, that is my idea about the whole thing. Sad state of affairs, not worth discussion now I think.

Majority of the COVID deaths aren't counted because they were never tested for COVID. People in the rural area didn't bother much about testing like city people.

Govt. medical college hospital was not ready to give death certificate with Covid19 as cause. We insisted and followed up for few weeks, then left it to them.
What reason did they give to refuse?

Every country got into trouble managing Covid19, we too were not that great, that is my idea about the whole thing. Sad state of affairs, not worth discussion now I think.
We did a lot better than people think

They recorded as patient passed away because of heart attack.

Typical govt. dept., attitude, were not even ready to listen though went pillar to post to get records corrected showing their own test reports, diagnosis for lungs, etc. Found same was the situation for many people there. Due to Covid19 situation, they were more adamant and purposefully disconnected from grievances. Mentally distraught people dealing with death of close family members and general difficult situation had to unwillingly ignore the situation.

They recorded as patient passed away because of heart attack.

Typical govt. dept., attitude, were not even ready to listen though went pillar to post to get records corrected showing their own test reports, diagnosis for lungs, etc. Found same was the situation for many people there. Due to Covid19 situation, they were more adamant and purposefully disconnected from grievances. Mentally distraught people dealing with death of close family members and general difficult situation had to unwillingly ignore the situation.
So the reverse was happening here?

Was there any reason you had to get the cause of death listed as covid?

> So the reverse was happening here?
Govt. officials are many times accused of behaving disconnected from people which is generally accepted.
Now, taking Covid19 situation as an excuse the exploit further is conveyed here.
Hope you got the general idea.

> Was there any reason you had to get the cause of death listed as covid?

Is there any reason not to get the death listed as due to Covid19 related, if that was the case ?
A normal person can find at least few.
Don't know what you are trying here.

Govts. and states all over the world tried to fudge real mortality rates and a corruption prone poor country like ours did much more to portray they are better. And there were compensation to be provided too for Covid19 deaths for dependents, which would have helped a good number of poor people. A real world, close to authentic assessment is unavailable.

Last edited:
Took booster, try to wear mask in crowded places, and in enclosed spaces, even though I get weird states, and questions. If I get Covid again after these precautions, at least I did my best.

Never tested positive for Covid. Might have had Omicron in late Jan with atypical symptoms - no cough/cold severe backache, headache, mild fever and stomach upset. RT/PCR and Antigen test were both negative. But felt weak and fatigued for a couple of weeks.

Never took Covid lightly, and not doing it now, for I am concerned about the multi organ complications that arise after you get an infection. Also, the propensity of getting the infection many times.

Getting death certificate with Covid19 as cause of death mentioned was a struggle, personally realized this issue after death of someone near in family. May be mine is one anecdote, but there are many around everyone

Cause of death can likely not be COVID in most cases as technically cause of death is the direct reason of death. If COVID damaged your heart, and you died due to a heart attack, cause of death will be MI, not COVID. Manner of death will be described as natural, homicide etc. Unless someone was appararently healthy, and only had lung issues, that too nothing that could be ascertained as cause of death (like effusion etc), the way "cause" is defined - COVID will not be the "cause" of death.
Think of it as diabetes - you don't die due to diabetes, you die due to complications - and hence cause of death never mention Diabetes, but MI, Stroke, RF etc.

This guy said the tests they did with 80s tech were unable to distinguish between viable or dead virus RNA in the blood. If any RNA was detected it was judged as infected. But if you do not have any symptoms then it's clear you defeated the virus and what was being detected was a dead virus. We lacked a way to distinguish so the infected cases shot up but the number of people actually getting very sick was not proportional. There are other things that gave us an edge over the west as well.

That's true. RT PCR only looks for RNA, not viable or dead. However, since viability cannot be determined, it is obviously better to self isolate as precaution. Symptoms may or may not occur. Asymptomatic people can easily spread the virus - it does not mean they have dead RNA. Just depends on your body's immune function.

Govt, who is big proponent of pseudo medicine-practices shouldn't be trusted with such matters. They even put Indian mythology books into MBBS curriculum.

This govt redefined 'what can be called as polio', effectively ignoring real polio cases and falsely claiming that India is now polio free. I'm sure they must be doing the same with AIDS. Because nobody really dies of AIDS. Infected people's suffering end with Jaundice or such diseases.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Which books?
After having already unfolded plans to include life lessons of RSS founder KB Hedgewar and Jan Sangh founder Deendayal Upadhyay in the MBBS course, the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has now announced plans to include Ramayana, Mahabharata as well as lessons on Ramsetu, the mythological bridge lord Ram used to reach Lanka, in the state engineering courses.

Google for more.

An interesting case is made by the professor as to why India should help China by offering medicines and vaccines.

We managed to beat them back on Dec 9 when they tried to capture a ridge at the border.

I'm sure they will try their tricks at the border in another few months
Asymptomatic people can easily spread the virus - it does not mean they have dead RNA. Just depends on your body's immune function.
That is what that swiss immunologist was calling out. There is no such thing as asymptomatic.

Positive with no symptoms means you can't spread anything. But the way it works you will be counter as infected. So you see the infected numbers shoot up like crazy.

Positive with symptoms means you can.
Reverse of what?
The reverse of the west where they list every death as covid related regardless of whether covid caused the death. Died with covid as opposed to by covid.
Cause of death can likely not be COVID in most cases as technically cause of death is the direct reason of death. If COVID damaged your heart, and you died due to a heart attack, cause of death will be MI, not COVID. Manner of death will be described as natural, homicide etc. Unless someone was appararently healthy, and only had lung issues, that too nothing that could be ascertained as cause of death (like effusion etc), the way "cause" is defined - COVID will not be the "cause" of death.
Think of it as diabetes - you don't die due to diabetes, you die due to complications - and hence cause of death never mention Diabetes, but MI, Stroke, RF etc.
This begs the question under what circumstances they will list the cause of death as covid? had interacted with a doctor some time ago and she gave me the criteria but I've lost that post since.

Does it require a lung biopsy from a post mortem

Last edited:
Back