User Guides Convert K750i to W800i using SEUS update service

Download the ZIP file and read the readme file ... read the complete file b4 fidling with the w800.exe

save ur CDA and IMEI number b4 converting your phone so that if you want to use k750i firmware again then you can change back to old cda and use SEUS (update service).

I have converted my phone already without any problems ad trust me its worth it :eek:hyeah:

Click here to download the file.

** Make sure your battery is fully charged ** :bleh:
Note : This conversion is possible since both K750i and W800i have the same hardware dont try this on any other phone.

** I didnt make any of these files and i dont deserve credit for this . just tried it and thought of sharing with you guys enjoy **

Credits : se-nse (*hendrix*)

Source : K750i to W800i Via SEUS and DCU60 for Free - SE-NSE Forums
-------
Mod Edit: Please don't post generic links, post the exact link when the guide/tutorial is not your own.

ya that`s what i wanted t oknow? where exatly does the option to add the CDA come?? i havent yet converted as yet tracer!! still not sure if everything is in place for the conversion !!.. confused.

you have to save your old CDA number from service info in phone ...
NOW im posting a step by step method read it carefully ..

1 - Turn off your phone
2 - Remove Battery
3 - Remove SIM card
4 - Put battery (DON'T turn your phone on)
5 - Open w800.exe
6 - Press and hold C
7 - Plug DCU-60 cable
8- Type a new CDA and press Enter
9 - Press Q to confirm
10 - Remove DCU-60 conector
11 - Close
12 - Don't remove battery now and don't turn your phone on
13 - Open SEUS and follow instructions

im using dial up connection 52kbps shud i dare to do this
how much time it wud take and tell me step by step process if possible

to flash my previous firmfare tell me d process ie...how to back up

and last how i cud use my fone as a webcam...

analogx said:
But If the power goes off during the converion..... :S :huh:

go to some frnds place who has UPS :p

@ vinaykumarb4u
i have already mentioned step by step procedure :\
u dont need to backup ur old firmware u can simple update the fone again using the method i told u b4
** plz read previous posts its all given there **
no u cant use ur phones cam as web :(

Forget abt the UPS.. what i need to know is that if the power goes off during conversion can we restore the original firmware with the SEUS
Thanks, (If the Program works) I was searching for a way since i bought the k750i 5 months back..

I have never tried that stunt ... but yes it is possible to recover....
Follow these steps....
after power faliure
remove the battery from phone for 5-10 mins after that insert battery charge for 15 mins and use SEUS update service again :)

even if it doesnt wrk ur phone is still in warranty rite ... go to any SE service centre they wont ask u anything .. just tell them my phone died while updating through Sony Ericsson Update utlity :)

When I started SEUS it Downloaded some update and the restarted it this message came "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"

reinstall SEUS and reinstall java virtual machine installed on your computer ...

its not the phone or SE , happens to a lot of people ... get java greater than or eual to 1.5

go to fone service info
for that press the following joystick combination
>*<<*<*
then service info
then software info ... browse down a little bit u will find cda version

Yes I was just wondering, if the SEUS comes up automatically after closing the application? Secondly,what new number do I put in for my new CDA, could I please have an example?

you will hav to run seus yourself
the CDA u enter has to be of indian region

CAN U PLZ READ THE README FILE . its all written there ....it was supposed to answer all your questions..... but i guess you guys never read that :(

Ive read it, it's just quite hard to understand and not precise enough! Especially when it can potentially permanently ruin your fone, or so Ive heard.

So how exactly do I run the SEUS? And whats Indian region? I am from the UK? Give me an example or the kind of number you need, and how I get my old one.

Thanks,
Scratch

Sorry sorry, I did not read correctly. Ignore the above message okay :), all I now want to know is how to copy the cygwin1.dll file to my system 32 folder? I right-clicked on the file named "cygwin1.dll", and it didnot give me the option to copy?

And finally, how do I access SEUS?

Thanks for your help,
Scratch:thanx:

select cygwin1.dll then press Ctrl+C (to copy) to paste go to the desired folder then press Ctrl+V( to paste) :)

SEUS is Sony ericsson Update service get it from sony ericsson site its a 33.5mb download :|

and b4 updating read this complete thread again so as to get a good idea of the process and dont remove the battery after w800.exe is done even if the SEUS says u to remove battery/SIM .. just connect the phone (should be off) and keep on holding that C button untill SEUS instructs u to release it.
Reps appreciated :)

you keep telling that everything is there in the txt file.. actually its not... !! it should be more detailed... and your changing your phone's basic firmware?? eh??? if something goes wrong.. you might be fawked!!

so you see.. someone who does do it properly.. will def rep you :D..

a lot of people have done it by reading the readme file itself..... even without instructions that i posted ....

messing the phones firmware wotn fuk ur phone up i have dome it several times :|

people have a completely wrong idea of things :|

Back