User Guides Convert K750i to W800i using SEUS update service

Download the ZIP file and read the readme file ... read the complete file b4 fidling with the w800.exe

save ur CDA and IMEI number b4 converting your phone so that if you want to use k750i firmware again then you can change back to old cda and use SEUS (update service).

I have converted my phone already without any problems ad trust me its worth it :eek:hyeah:

Click here to download the file.

** Make sure your battery is fully charged ** :bleh:
Note : This conversion is possible since both K750i and W800i have the same hardware dont try this on any other phone.

** I didnt make any of these files and i dont deserve credit for this . just tried it and thought of sharing with you guys enjoy **

Credits : se-nse (*hendrix*)

Source : K750i to W800i Via SEUS and DCU60 for Free - SE-NSE Forums
-------
Mod Edit: Please don't post generic links, post the exact link when the guide/tutorial is not your own.

i admit i was a fool to join the bunch of chuts forum ...

btw that middle button becomes walkman key and u can still access activity menu by pressing upward key(joystick) ..

@ karan : this is the only error u get thats why he recieved that error(i thought)

talking of mules ..u nub fuk dont waste my time and urs noob

^^ better mind your language dude..that kind of language is not public etiquette..dont they teach u that at wherever u come from?

as for the guide..as i said earlier..its not as informative as it should be and these cell-fones r expensive to be bricked:p

if i tell u to do the following..will you? :
1) start computer
2) press del
3) go to settings page and search for HTT
4) crank it up to 300
5) U have an uber OCed system
6) bring down HTT to get back old speed. :p

so?...think about it..the guide isnt informative enough :tongue:

I open the w800i.exe file. I then press and hold the "c" button, then insert the data cable, then the window just closes? No error message, but nothing else either. Where exactly is the option to enter my new CDA? Please help.

Scratch
:thanx:

if the window is closing within those 30 sec. then your not doing it right.... you phone is not been recognized properly.. or your not doing the steps in the correct order..

happened with me a few times too..

You say it happened to you a few times chick magnet, does this mean that you finally sussed it out it the end, and successfully coverted your k750i? Well you've heard the steps I'm taking, so can anyone see where I'm going wrong? If not, please, post an idiots guide on the forum telling us what to do, and what should happen when we've done this etc etc.

Thanks a lot
Scratch:thanx:
P.S so far i've tried about 10+ times

Thanks guys for the info on converting my phone.

I've done the conversion and I have the w800 music player but i don't get flight mode ;-( and if I go into the service menu it still says it's a 750?

Any thoughts? Is this all that the up date does gives me the music player and redefine the middle hot key?

It's great what it does but not all I expected.

Mark

eh? lol.. that`s how the 800i is if i`m not mistaken.. so that's all you would get.. what you wanted??? free internet connection at 384 KBPS!!! :bleh:

how can i find the CID .Thant means which one is CID49 or 36 .pls help me.when i run the w800.exe .i'll receive error message like "disconnected close me.pls help me to complete the full installation.Now i can't connect the sonyericsson server for update.i'm receiving message like "server is unavailable at this moment.i'm receiving this message for last three days.What is the problem?

:huh: :huh: how can i find the CID .That means which one is CID49 or 36 .pls help me.when i run the w800.exe .i'll receive error message like "disconnected close me.pls help me to complete the full installation.Now i can't connect the sonyericsson server for update.i'm receiving message like "server is unavailable at this moment.i'm receiving this message for last three days.What is the problem?

So let me get this right ... I can flash my k750i on O2 to the w800i firmware to get all the features of the w800i using my supplied USB cable. I've seen reports that the MMS/GPRS/WAP won't work after this, or is that a problem that was in early flashes and is now sorted?

In addition, once I've done this, could I purchase a facia like this;

eBay.co.uk: ORIGINAL OEM W800 W800i Full HOUSING/COVER/FACIA+KEYPAD (item 320011097063 end time 29-Jul-06 17:04:36 BST)

which would then complete the conversion and make the phone pretty much a fully fledged w800i? will the camera etc fit with the new facia? does autofocus and zoom still work alright?

lastly, is there anything that I need to look out for in terms of k750i hardware / firmware number / type before flashing it?

Hi, this is the first time i've ever posted on a forum (EVER!!)
Its just I've been reading all the instructions and they helped me convert my phone into a w800i. I've rewritten the instructions so hopefully it'll help everyone understand better. However credit to the guy who opened the thread he's had a lot of stick but was trying to help so here goes....
Don't think CID49 works so try at your own risk
after you've updated your k750i to the latest firmware, get the program that was linked at the opening thread...
the following is a replacement readme to one that comes with the download.

** copy cygwin1.dll to your windows\system32 folder

Turn phone OFF and remove battery, sim card and USB cable.
Replace battery (Do Not Turn Phone ON)
after unzipping Double-click "W800.exe"
Connect USB once you see the "30 seconds" message
A pile of data should scroll down the screen.
On the blank line below the last bit of text type cda102430/6 Then hit Enter
Now Type Q in the blank line below the last piece of text then hit Enter
It should now tell you to remove the USB, after this you'll recieve a connection error. This is normal. close the program
Open up SEUS and follow the instructions, (selecting language, and how the bottom of your phone looks etc) Once you get to the part where it asks you to remove battery etc.. DO NOTHING APART FROM HOLD "C" (on your phone of course!) AND RECONNECT THE USB!! keep hold of "C" until it tells you.
If it sends you backwards simply click START again and accept agreement etc and it should automatically flick through all the screens again to where it tells you to release "C" but this time it will go to the download screen where it will recognize your phone as "W800i EU2" (default configuration). ONCE YOU'VE HIT CONTINUE AFTER THIS YOU MUST LET THE CYCLE COMPLETE!

I'm no expert this is just how I got there in the end. I found the previous instructions a little confusing, this is a step by step and all I know is that it worked for me.Remember CID49 won't work from what I hear.
Good Luck

alright. .so this means if you have a cid36 phone, it wouldtell you to enter the cda no.... or else it would just give you an error "phone disconnected or something" right? so that is a safe way to chk if your phone can be converted to the 800i nah!

No, you don't enter your CID number anywhere, only the CDA number it tells you to enter. I don't even know MY phones CID number, I just tried it and it worked. The program just changes the ID of the phone to a w800i for when you connect to SEUS. as soon as you restart the phone it changes the ID back to k750i as far as I can see. I think it's just so when you connect its so SEUS will give you the "wrong (w800i)" firmware. like i said Im no expert, I've just rewritten the instructions for the people who wanted to try it. I will say, however, to record your cda (not cid) number and your IMEI (even though you dont change it) just so you can relabel your phone to what it was before, if you really want to.
I've had no Problems with my phone. If you want to try it, go ahead, If not don't. Good Luck

---------
Sorry, now i'm mis reading cid and cda lol

Ok, for anyone who was in two minds about doing this to they're phone...
I've just reconnected my phone to seus and it thinks it's a k750i again.
this proves that the change is not permenant for anyone who is worrying about this. This means if I wanted to flash back to k750 firmware I would only need to use seus as normal or if i wanted to get the next w800i update I would need to start from scratch (ie. use the w800i program again etc.)
Don't know if you guys knew this already but I thought it might help.
Basically,
Firmware stays until you reflash your phone,
CDA Number and IMEI number will revert back to the original numbers as soon as you restart your phone regardless of whether you successfully flash your phone or not. At least thats what happened when I tested it.
Hopefully this relaxes people a bit.
PS sorry for rambling this is like my third ever post and I'm trying to cover all the points the best I can

Back